Affiliation: Yokohama National University
- The importance of type II error and falsifiabilityHiroyuki Matsuda
Ocean Research Institute, University of Tokyo, Japan
Int J Occup Med Environ Health 17:137-45. 2004..We can obtain the weight of evidence that is measured under unbiased estimates, while the risk based on a PP is measured under conservative estimates...
- Maximal yields from multispecies fisheries systems: rules for systems with multiple trophic levelsHiroyuki Matsuda
Faculty of Environment and Information Sciences, Yokohama National University, 79 7, Tokiwadai, Hodogaya ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 240 8501 Japan
Ecol Appl 16:225-37. 2006..The reduction in total yield caused by such a constraint is modest for most food webs but can be over 90% in some cases. Independent harvesting of species within the web can also cause extinctions but is less likely to do so...
- Optimal risk management of human alveolar echinococcosis with vermifugeNaoto Kato
Graduate School of Environment and Information Sciences, Yokohama National University, 79 7 Tokiwadai, Hodogaya ku, Yokohama 240 8501, Japan
J Theor Biol 267:265-71. 2010..We find that when the prevalence of infection in foxes is low and the prevalence of infection in voles is sufficiently high, the optimal strategy is to expend no effort in vermifuge spreading...
- Persistence and fluctuation of lateral dimorphism in fishesMifuyu Nakajima
Ocean Research Institute, University of Tokyo, 1 15 1 Minamidai, Nakano Ku, Tokyo, 164 8639, Japan
Am Nat 163:692-8. 2004..Furthermore, the simulations showed that when only one of the morphological types exists in a species, the other type can invade. This suggests that dimorphism is maintained in all interacting species...
- Effects of heavy metals on riverine benthic macroinvertebrate assemblages with reference to potential food availability for drift-feeding fishesYuichi Iwasaki
Graduate School of Environment and Information Sciences, Yokohama National University, 79 7, Tokiwadai, Hodogaya ku, Yokohama 240 8501, Japan
Environ Toxicol Chem 28:354-63. 2009..These results suggest that we should consider the indirect effect of pollution on food availability for the conservation of fish populations that depend on drifting macroinvertebrates...
- Assessing the impact of the Japanese 2005 World Exposition Project on vascular plants' risk of extinctionHiroyuki Matsuda
Ocean Research Institute, The University of Tokyo, 1 15 1 Minamidai, Nakano Ku, Tokyo 164 8639, Japan
Chemosphere 53:325-36. 2003..Development will have a greater impact on threatened Salvia species than it will on star magnolia, Magnolia tomentosa, which has been conserved by changing the site plan...
- [Departmental review of surgical cases during the past 17 years: Esophageal cancers]Takeshi Oga
Fukuoka Igaku Zasshi 93:4-8. 2002
- Severe hepatitis E virus infection after ingestion of uncooked liver from a wild boarHiroyuki Matsuda
J Infect Dis 188:944. 2003
- Molecular tracing of Japan-indigenous hepatitis E virusesYasuhito Tanaka
Department of Clinical Molecular Informative Medicine, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kawasumi, Mizuho, Nagoya 467-8601, Japan
J Gen Virol 87:949-54. 2006..In conclusion, these data suggest that the indigenization and spread of HEV in Japan were associated with the popularization of eating pork...