Affiliation: Tachikawa Medical Center
Location: Nagaoka, Japan
Metabolic syndrome: its history, mechanisms, and limitations.
Acta Diabetol. 2011 Jul 1. [Epub ahead of print]
PMID:21720880[PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
- Oda E. Cross-Sectional and Longitudinal Associations between Serum Bilirubin and Prediabetes in a Health Screening Population. Can J Diabetes. 2016;40:270-5 pubmed publisher..21 [1.07 to 1.37], p=0.002). TB levels were significantly inversely associated with prevalent prediabetes in nonsmokers, but not in smokers, whereas an inverse association between TB levels and incident prediabetes seemed to be unlikely. ..
- Oda E, Kawai R, Watanabe K, Sukumaran V. Prevalence of metabolic syndrome increases with the increase in blood levels of gamma glutamyltransferase and alanine aminotransferase in Japanese men and women. Intern Med. 2009;48:1343-50 pubmed..The prevalence of MS and JMS increases with the increase in blood levels of GGT or ALT even through the normal range of GGT or ALT in Japanese men and women. ..
- Oda E, Kawai R. Comparison between high-sensitivity C-reactive protein (hs-CRP) and white blood cell count (WBC) as an inflammatory component of metabolic syndrome in Japanese. Intern Med. 2010;49:117-24 pubmed..Hs-CRP is superior to WBC as an inflammatory component of MetS in Japanese. However, WBC may be useful when hs-CRP is not available because WBC is routinely measured in clinical practice. ..
- Oda E, Kawai R. Bilirubin is negatively associated with hemoglobin a(1c) independently of other cardiovascular risk factors in apparently healthy Japanese men and women. Circ J. 2011;75:190-5 pubmed..55 (P<0.0001) in the women. Bilirubin was negatively associated with HbA(1c) independently of other cardiovascular risk factors in apparently healthy Japanese men and women. The association was weak in male smokers. ..
- Oda E, Kawai R, Aizawa Y. Lymphocyte count was significantly associated with hyper-LDL cholesterolemia independently of high-sensitivity C-reactive protein in apparently healthy Japanese. Heart Vessels. 2012;27:377-83 pubmed publisher..Lymphocyte count was significantly associated with hyper-LDL cholesterolemia independently of hs-CRP in apparently healthy Japanese. ..
- Oda E. LDL cholesterol was more strongly associated with percent body fat than body mass index and waist circumference in a health screening population. Obes Res Clin Pract. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The correlation with 7-year change in LDL cholesterol was stronger for that in PBF than that in BMI or WC. Incident hyper-LDL cholesterolemia was significantly associated with PBF, but not with BMI or WC, in men. ..
- Oda E. Historical perspectives of the metabolic syndrome. Clin Dermatol. 2018;36:3-8 pubmed publisher..Adipose tissue inflammation has been shown to be a fundamental mechanism of metabolic derangements, associated with ectopic lipid deposit and mitochondrial dysfunction in skeletal muscle and the liver. ..