Affiliation: Yamaguchi University
- Comparative efficacy of hormone replacement therapy, etidronate, calcitonin, alfacalcidol, and vitamin K in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis: The Yamaguchi Osteoporosis Prevention StudyYoichiro Ishida
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Ube City, Japan
Am J Med 117:549-55. 2004..To assess the comparative effectiveness of several medications on bone mineral density, biochemical bone markers, and the incidence of vertebral fractures in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis...
- Effect of progestins with different glucocorticoid activity on bone metabolismYoichiro Ishida
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Yamaguchi University Graduate School of Medicine, Yamaguchi, Japan
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 68:423-8. 2008..Progestins are commonly prescribed for hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and contraception. However, the effects of progestins on bone metabolism remain unclear and are often controversial...
- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis manifesting in only limping due to flexion contraction of the kneeTakatomo Mine
From the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Minamikogushi, Ube, Yamaguchi, 755 8505, Japan
Clin Rheumatol 26:433-5. 2007..Magnetic resonance imaging and arthroscopic examination were helpful with early diagnosis. Aspirin was effective. There have been no recurrence to date...
- The use of frame fixation in the management of open distal extensor mechanism avulsion fracture in a dislocated kneeYasuhiro Yamaoka
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Minamikogushi, Ube, Yamaguchi 755 8505, Japan
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 15:1346-9. 2007..Using this method of frame fixation between the patella and tibia proved to be an effective technique for the reconstruction of the open knee extension mechanism injury...
- Resection arthroplasty combined with a muscle graft to treat refractory post-total knee arthroplasty infectionsTakatomo Mine
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Yamaguchi, Japan
J Arthroplasty 23:210-5. 2008..Resection arthroplasty combined with muscle transfer is an effective method if the individuals desire to preserve the affected limbs for religious or cosmetic reasons and wish to regain the ability to move their knees...
- [Vitamin K2 treatment for osteoporosis: what is the evidence today?]Yoichiro Ishida
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Yamaguchi University Graduate School of Medicine
Nihon Rinsho 65:409-14. 2007
- A giant rheumatoid noduleTakatomo Mine
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Japan
Clin Rheumatol 23:467-9. 2004..The nodule was successfully treated by surgical excision. However, other new nodules developed in her hand. Her clinical course has not been satisfactory...