Genomes and Genes
- Effects of sleep on pain-related somatosensory evoked magnetic fields in humansXiaohong Wang
Department of Integrative Physiology, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Myodaiji, Okazaki 444 8585, Japan
Brain Res Cogn Brain Res 17:388-99. 2003..They are specifically enhanced by painful stimulation due to an increase of signals ascending through A-delta fibers, and are markedly decreased during sleep, because they much involve cognitive function...
- Influence of the serotonin transporter gene-linked polymorphic region on the antidepressant response to fluvoxamine in Japanese depressed patientsKeizo Yoshida
Department of Psychiatry, Akita University School of Medicine, Japan
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 26:383-6. 2002..010). The present study suggests that fluvoxamine is not less effective in depressive patients carrying the s allele than in the ones carrying the l allele and it is not less effective in Japanese than in Caucasians...
- Leptin stimulates alpha1(I) collagen expression in human hepatic stellate cells via the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt signalling pathwayLiwen Niu
School of Pharmacy, Anhui Medical University, Anhui Province, China
Liver Int 27:1265-72. 2007..We investigated whether leptin-induced collagen type I is mediated by the Janus kinase-phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-Akt (JAKs-PI3K-Akt) pathway in a human HSC cell line, LX-2...
- Biperiden hydrochlorate ameliorates dystonia of rats produced by microinjection of sigma ligands into the red nucleusK Yoshida
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Akita University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Hondo, 010 8543, Akita, Japan
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 67:497-500. 2000..The results also suggest that not only dopaminergic and cholinergic systems but also sigma system, and not only the striatum but also the red nucleus, may play an important role in the pathophysiology of NAD...
- The G196A polymorphism of the brain-derived neurotrophic factor gene and the antidepressant effect of milnacipran and fluvoxamineKeizo Yoshida
Department of Psychiatry, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumail cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya, Aichi 466 8550, Japan
J Psychopharmacol 21:650-6. 2007..These results suggest that the BDNF G196A polymorphism in part determines the antidepressant effect of both milnacipran and fluvoxamine...
- Promoter polymorphisms of the interferon-alpha receptor gene and development of Interferon-induced depressive symptoms in patients with chronic hepatitis C: preliminary findingsKeizo Yoshida
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Neuropsychobiology 52:55-61. 2005..Defining relevant risk factors for IFN-alpha-induced depression is essential for designing preventative treatment strategies...
- Prediction of antidepressant response to milnacipran by norepinephrine transporter gene polymorphismsKeizo Yoshida
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, USA
Am J Psychiatry 161:1575-80. 2004....
- Monoamine oxidase A gene polymorphism, 5-HT 2A receptor gene polymorphism and incidence of nausea induced by fluvoxamineKeizo Yoshida
Department of Psychiatry, Akita University School of Medicine, Akita, Japan
Neuropsychobiology 48:10-3. 2003..If this finding is replicated in other studies with more subjects, MAOA-VNTR polymorphism would be of great clinical use to predict the incidence of nausea induced by SSRIs...
- Monoamine oxidase: A gene polymorphism, tryptophan hydroxylase gene polymorphism and antidepressant response to fluvoxamine in Japanese patients with major depressive disorderKeizo Yoshida
Department of Psychiatry, Akita University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Hondo, Akita 010 8543, Japan
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 26:1279-83. 2002..The present study fails to demonstrate that the genetic polymorphisms of MAOA-VNTR and TPH-A218C affect the antidepressant effect of fluvoxamine in Japanese patients with major depressive disorder...
- Influence of the tyrosine hydroxylase val81met polymorphism and catechol-O-methyltransferase val158met polymorphism on the antidepressant effect of milnacipranKeizo Yoshida
Department of Psychiatry, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Hum Psychopharmacol 23:121-8. 2008....
- Efficacy of risperidone versus olanzapine in patients with schizophrenia previously on chronic conventional antipsychotic therapy: a switch studyXiaohong Wang
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, 1639 Pierce Drive, Suite 4000, Atlanta, GA 30322, United States
J Psychiatr Res 40:669-76. 2006..The results indicate that both atypical antipsychotic medications provided significant additional improvement in symptom severity in patients with schizophrenia previously on conventional antipsychotic agents...
- Effects of Ginkgolide B on 6-OHDA-induced apoptosis and calcium over load in cultured PC12Haiwei Meng
Department of Anatomy, School of Medicine of Shandong University, Jinan, China
Int J Dev Neurosci 25:509-14. 2007....
- Silicateins, the major biosilica forming enzymes present in demosponges: protein analysis and phylogenetic relationshipWerner E G Muller
Institut fur Physiologische Chemie, Abteilung Angewandte Molekularbiologie, Universitat, Duesbergweg 6, D 55099 Mainz, Germany
Gene 395:62-71. 2007..We postulate that modification of the catalytic triad, especially of its first amino acid, is a suitable target for a chemical modulation of enzyme function of the silicateins/cathepsin L...
- High level expression of human epithelial beta-defensins (hBD-1, 2 and 3) in papillomavirus induced lesionsKong T Chong
Department of Otolaryngology and Communicative Sciences, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Mississippi, USA
Virol J 3:75. 2006..However, the role of defensins in papillomavirus induced epithelial lesions is unknown...
- A role for muscle LIM protein (MLP) in vascular remodelingXiaohong Wang
Lillehei Heart Institute, Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, 420 Delaware Street SE, Mayo Mail Code 508, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 40:503-9. 2006..This is consistent with earlier findings demonstrating a role for MLP in striated muscle remodeling in response to load and stretch...
- Effect of apolipoprotein E genotype on vitamin K status in healthy older adults from China and the UKLiya Yan
Medical Research Council Human Nutrition Research, Elsie Widdowson Laboratory, Fulbourn Road, Cambridge, CB1 9NL, UK
Br J Nutr 94:956-61. 2005..1 (27.2) %, P=0.02; 49.6 (19.9) %, P=0.01 respectively) but not in Cambridge. This study demonstrates that a superior vitamin K status is associated with the apoE4 genotype in healthy older individuals from China and the UK...
- [5'NCR Incipient establishment of HCV 5'NCR transgenic mice model]Xiaohong Wang
Institute of Radiation Medicine, Academy of Military Medical Sciences, Beijing 100850, China
Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 10:37-9. 2002..To evaluate the inhibitory effects of HCV antisense oligonucleotide drugs in vivo...
- Investigation on the effects of soluble programmed death-1 (sPD-1) enhancing anti-tumor immune responseYe Yuan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 24:531-4. 2004..This possibly provides a new method of improving efficacy of tumor gene therapy...
- Chlamydia trachomatis infection and persistence of human papillomavirusIlvars Silins
Department of Medical Microbiology, Lund University, University Hospital at Malmö, Sweden
Int J Cancer 116:110-5. 2005..trachomatis infection (relative risk in multivariate model = 2.09; 95% confidence interval = 1.05-4.18). We conclude that persistence of oncogenic HPV infections is more likely among women with a previous C. trachomatis infection...
- The diagnostic criteria for primary osteoporosis and the incidence of osteoporosis in ChinaZhonghou Liu
China Osteoporosis Foundation, Box 9910, Beijing 100102, P R China
J Bone Miner Metab 20:181-9. 2002
- Autologous stem cell transplantation for myocardial repairJingbo Liu
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 287:H501-11. 2004..Thus this patch-based autologous stem cell procedure may serve as a therapeutic modality for myocardial repair...
- SH2-B is a positive regulator of nerve growth factor-mediated activation of the Akt/Forkhead pathway in PC12 cellsXiaohong Wang
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0622, USA
J Biol Chem 279:133-41. 2004..Taken together, these data indicate that SH2-B is a positive regulator of NGF-mediated activation of the Akt/Forkhead pathway...
- Time to resolution of contact lens-induced corneal warpage prior to refractive surgeryXiaohong Wang
Department of Ophthalmology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 75390 9057, USA
CLAO J 28:169-71. 2002..To evaluate the resolution of contact lens-induced corneal warpage before keratorefractive surgery...
- Dominant role of hepatitis B virus and cofactor role of aflatoxin in hepatocarcinogenesis in Qidong, ChinaLihua Ming
National Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Cancer Institute, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
Hepatology 36:1214-20. 2002..The 249ser-p53 mutation appears to result from coexposure to aflatoxin and HBV infection. Even modest levels of aflatoxin exposure tripled the risk of HCC in HBV-infected men...
- Retrospective analysis of non-A-E hepatitis: possible role of hepatitis B and C virus infectionZhongping He
Research Center of Virology, Beijing Ditan Hospital, Beijing, China
J Med Virol 69:59-65. 2003..The results from this study indicate that co-infection of TTV or B19 with HBV did not increase the severity of the disease...