Affiliation: University of Shizuoka
- Theanine-induced reduction of brain serotonin concentration in ratsH Yokogoshi
Laboratory of Nutritional Biochemistry, School of Food and Nutritional Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 62:816-7. 1998..The use of inhibitors of serotonin metabolism enable us to speculate that theanine reduced serotonin synthesis and also increased serotonin degradation in the brain...
- Effect of theanine, r-glutamylethylamide, on brain monoamines and striatal dopamine release in conscious ratsH Yokogoshi
School of Food and Nutritional Sciences, The University of Shizuoka, Yada, Shizuoka, Japan
Neurochem Res 23:667-73. 1998..These results suggest that theanine might affect the metabolism and/or the release of some neurotransmitters in the brain, such as DA...
- Hypotensive effect of gamma-glutamylmethylamide in spontaneously hypertensive ratsH Yokogoshi
Laboratory of Nutritional Biochemistry, School of Food and Nutritional Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Yada, Japan
Life Sci 62:1065-8. 1998..The same dose of theanine decreased it significantly. GMA administration to SHR reduced the blood pressure significantly, and its degree of hypotensive action was more effective than that by theanine administration...
- Theanine, gamma-glutamylethylamide, a unique amino acid in tea leaves, modulates neurotransmitter concentrations in the brain striatum interstitium in conscious ratsT Yamada
Laboratory of Nutritional Biochemistry, Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan, University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka, Japan
Amino Acids 36:21-7. 2009..Moreover, AMPA receptor antagonist, which regulates glycine and GABA release from glia cells, inhibited these effects of theanine and this result was in agreement with the known inhibitory effect of theanine at AMPA receptors...
- Oral intake of γ-aminobutyric acid affects mood and activities of central nervous system during stressed condition induced by mental tasksA Yoto
Laboratory of Nutritional Biochemistry and Global COE Program, University of Shizuoka, School of Food and Nutritional Sciences, 52 1 Yada, Suruga ku, Shizuoka, Japan
Amino Acids 43:1331-7. 2012..That is to say, GABA might have alleviated the stress induced by the mental tasks. This effect also corresponded with the results of the POMS scores...
- Dietary gamma-aminobutyric acid affects the brain protein synthesis rate in young ratsK Tujioka
Laboratory of Nutritional Biochemistry, School of Food and Nutritional Sciences, COE Program in the 21st Century, The University of Shizuoka, Yada, Shizuoka, Japan
Amino Acids 32:255-60. 2007....