Affiliation: University of Shizuoka
- Gargling with tea catechin extracts for the prevention of influenza infection in elderly nursing home residents: a prospective clinical studyHiroshi Yamada
Division of Drug Evaluation and Informatics, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka, Japan
J Altern Complement Med 12:669-72. 2006..To evaluate the effects of gargling tea catechin extracts on the prevention of influenza infection in elderly nursing home residents...
- A randomized clinical study of tea catechin inhalation effects on methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in disabled elderly patientsHiroshi Yamada
Division of Drug Evaluation and Informatics, University of Shizuoka, 52 1 Yada, Suruga ku, Shizuoka 422 8526, Japan
J Am Med Dir Assoc 7:79-83. 2006..To evaluate the effects of tea catechin inhalation on methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in disabled elderly patients...
- An artifact derived from a pseudogene led to the discovery of microRNA binding site polymorphism in the 3'-untranslated region of the human dihydrofolate reductase geneHideki Hayashi
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Genetics, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka
Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 27:263-7. 2012..This study is a reinvestigation of a newly discovered genetic polymorphism...
- Dihydrofolate reductase gene intronic 19-bp deletion polymorphisms in a Japanese populationHideki Hayashi
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Genetics, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka, Japan
Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 25:516-8. 2010....
- Effects of green tea catechins and theanine on preventing influenza infection among healthcare workers: a randomized controlled trialKeiji Matsumoto
Department of Drug Evaluation and Informatics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Yada, Suruga ku, Shizuoka, Japan
BMC Complement Altern Med 11:15. 2011..This study was conducted to determine whether taking green tea catechins and theanine can clinically prevent influenza infection...
- Green tea consumption is inversely associated with the incidence of influenza infection among schoolchildren in a tea plantation area of JapanMijong Park
Department of Drug Evaluation and Informatics, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka, Japan
J Nutr 141:1862-70. 2011..30-0.94); P = 0.03], respectively. However, there was no significant association with the consumption of >5 cups/d. Our findings thus suggest that the consumption of 1-5 cups/d of green tea may prevent influenza infection in children...
- Assessing nonlinearity in compartment models via the relative curvature measureTakashi Daimon
Division of Drug Evaluation and Informatics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, 52 1, Yada, Suruga ku, Shizuoka, 422 8526, Japan
J Pharmacokinet Pharmacodyn 34:207-27. 2007..The results showed that the relative curvature measure with the variance function was not affected by heteroscedastic blood drug concentration data and could be utilized for the assessment of the nonlinearity in compartment models...
- Effects of Ginkgo biloba extract on pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of tolbutamide and midazolam in healthy volunteersShinya Uchida
Department of Pharmacokinetics, Center of Excellence Program in the 21st Century, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, 52-1 Yada, Suruga-ku, Shizuoka, 422-8526, Japan
J Clin Pharmacol 46:1290-8. 2006..Thus, it is suggested that the combination of GBE and drugs should be cautious in terms of the potential interactions, especially in elderly patients or patients treated with drugs exerting relatively narrow therapeutic windows...
- Reactive oxygen species assay-based risk assessment of drug-induced phototoxicity: classification criteria and application to drug candidatesSatomi Onoue
Department of Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics and Global Center of Excellence COE Program, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, 52 1 Yada, Shizuoka 422 8526, Japan
J Pharm Biomed Anal 47:967-72. 2008..These results verify the usefulness of the ROS assay for understanding the phototoxicity risk of pharmaceutical substances, and the ROS assay can be used for screening purposes in the drug discovery stage...
- Plasma total homocysteine level and methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase 677C>T genetic polymorphism in Japanese patients with rheumatoid arthritisChihiro Fujimaki
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Genetics, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Suruga ku, Shizuoka, Japan
Biomarkers 14:49-54. 2009..Therefore, we conclude that homocysteine might affect the inflammatory status of patients, and the MTHFR 677C>T SNP could be a predictive factor of hyperhomocysteinemia in patients with RA...
- Employing dmft score as a risk predictor for caries development in the permanent teeth in Japanese primary school girlsMasafumi Motohashi
Department of Oral Health Sciences, Nihon University School of Dentistry, Tokyo, Japan
J Oral Sci 48:233-7. 2006..In both cohorts, the risk ratio for permanent teeth caries was significant for many cut-off levels of dmft. The results indicated that the dmft score is a useful predictor of the permanent teeth caries in Japanese primary school girls...
- Tea polyphenols in preventing cardiovascular diseasesHiroshi Yamada
Cardiovasc Res 73:439-40. 2007
- [In order to perform clinical trials efficiently in Japan--important issues in medical institutions raised by the GCP on-site review]Teppei Akiyama
The Office of Conformity Audit, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Agency
Nihon Kokyuki Gakkai Zasshi 44:541-9. 2006..We hope that our findings at investigational sites will promote the protection of human rights and improve the quality of clinical trials in Japan...
- Evaluation of T-3811ME (BMS-284756), a new des-F(6)-quinolone, for treatment of meningitis caused by penicillin-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae in rabbitsMasahiro Takahata
Research Laboratories, Toyama Chemical Co, Ltd, Toyama, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:1760-5. 2002..T-3811ME (BMS-284756) may be expected to be evaluated for the management of meningitis caused by highly penicillin-resistant pneumococci...
- [In vitro and in vivo antibacterial activities of pazufloxacin mesilate, a new injectable quinolone]Nobuhiko Nomura
Jpn J Antibiot 55:412-39. 2002..6) Intravenous administration of PZFX with high plasma concentration just after administration, showed more excellent therapeutic effect against the rat intraperitoneal infection, than p.o. and s.c. administration...
- Influence of stability on range of motion after cruciate-retaining TKAKotaro Yamakado
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, 13 1, Takara machi, Kanazawa, 920 8641, Japan
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 123:1-4. 2003..A loosely balanced total knee arthroplasty (TKA) is reported to produce a good postoperative range of motion (ROM), but too much laxity is thought to be the cause of persistent pain and worsened functionality...
- [The effects of inhaled carbon monoxide on lung injury in rats caused by lipopolysaccharide]Hiroshi Miyazaki
Department of Anesthesia, Chigasaki Municipal Hospital, Chigasaki 253-0042
Masui 52:363-9. 2003..2.94 +/- 0.06, P < 0.05). CONCLUSION: These findings indicated that CO inhalation might modulate the inflammatory response to LPS. Further study is needed to prove the therapeutic role of CO inhalation without serious adverse effects...
- New electronic device for monitoring medication complianceHiroshi Yamada
Am J Health Syst Pharm 60:1910-1. 2003
- [A case of multiple lung metastases and cervical lymph node metastasis of renal cell carcinoma failing to respond to interferon-alpha (IFN-alpha) but markedly responding to interleukin-2 (IL-2)]Toshinori Nishikimi
Department of Urology, Nagoya Daini Red Cross Hospital
Nippon Hinyokika Gakkai Zasshi 95:54-8. 2004..Therefore, the tumor response to IL-2 was suggested to depend on NK activity and LAK activity...
- Lymphocyte and plasma vitamin C levels in type 2 diabetic patients with and without diabetes complicationsHiroshi Yamada
General Clinical Research Center, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Japan
Diabetes Care 27:2491-2. 2004
- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic interactions between simvastatin and diltiazem in patients with hypercholesterolemia and hypertensionHiroshi Watanabe
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, 1 20 1 Handayama, Hamamatsu 431 3192, Japan
Life Sci 76:281-92. 2004....
- [In vitro interaction of tazobactam/piperacillin combined with aminoglycosides against Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Escherichia coli AND Staphylococcus aureus]Hiroshi Yamada
Research Laboratories, Toyama Chemical Co, Ltd, 4-1, Shimookui 2-chome, Toyama 930-8508, Japan
Jpn J Antibiot 55:61-6. 2002..In conclusion, these results suggest that the combination therapies of TAZ/PIPC with aminoglycosides are useful for the clinical treatment of sepsis caused by above four species...