Affiliation: University of Occupational and Environmental Health
- Yoshimura M, Matsuura T, Ohkubo J, Maruyama T, Ishikura T, Hashimoto H, et al. A role of nesfatin-1/NucB2 in dehydration-induced anorexia. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2014;307:R225-36 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that nesfatin-1/NucB2 is a crucial peptide in dehydration-induced anorexia. ..
- Yoshimura M, Ohkubo J, Hashimoto H, Matsuura T, Maruyama T, Onaka T, et al. Effects of a subconvulsive dose of kainic acid on the gene expressions of the arginine vasopressin, oxytocin and neuronal nitric oxide synthase in the rat hypothalamus. Neurosci Res. 2015;99:62-8 pubmed publisher..c. administration of KA. These results suggest that up-regulation of the gene expressions of the AVP, OXT and nNOS in the rat hypothalamus may be differentially affected by peripheral administration of a subconvulsive dose of KA. ..
- Ishikura T, Suzuki H, Shoguchi K, Koreeda Y, Aritomi T, Matsuura T, et al. Possible involvement of TRPV1 and TRPV4 in nociceptive stimulation- induced nocifensive behavior and neuroendocrine response in mice. Brain Res Bull. 2015;118:7-16 pubmed publisher..Only TRPV1 might regulate the formalin behavioral response in peripheral neuron. ..
- Ueta Y, Levy A, Powell M, Lightman S, Kinoshita Y, Yokota A, et al. Neuronal nitric oxide synthase gene expression in human pituitary tumours: a possible association with somatotroph adenomas and growth hormone-releasing hormone gene expression. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 1998;49:29-38 pubmed..The relevance of these findings from a functional or pathologenic viewpoint remains unclear, but the data again emphasize that it is not just GH secretion that distinguishes somatotroph adenomas from other pituitary tumours. ..
- Ishii M, Hashimoto H, Ohkubo J, Ohbuchi T, Saito T, Maruyama T, et al. Transgenic approach to express the channelrhodopsin 2 gene in arginine vasopressin neurons of rats. Neurosci Lett. 2016;630:194-198 pubmed publisher..Our work provides for the first time an optogenetic approach to selectively activate AVP neurons in the rat. ..
- So M, Hashimoto H, Saito R, Yamamoto Y, Motojima Y, Ueno H, et al. Inhibition of ghrelin-induced feeding in rats by pretreatment with a novel dual orexin receptor antagonist. J Physiol Sci. 2018;68:129-136 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that centrally administered ghrelin may activate the orexinergic and non-orexinergic pathways responsible for the regulation of feeding. ..
- Motojima Y, Matsuura T, Yoshimura M, Hashimoto H, Saito R, Ueno H, et al. Comparison of the induction of c-fos-eGFP and Fos protein in the rat spinal cord and hypothalamus resulting from subcutaneous capsaicin or formalin injection. Neuroscience. 2017;356:64-77 pubmed publisher..5-4.5h, but more sensitive than endogenous Fos, suggesting that the c-fos-eGFP rat line can be useful for the study of nociceptive pathways and processing. ..
- Arase K, Hashimoto H, Sonoda S, Ueno H, Saito R, Motojima Y, et al. Possible involvement of central oxytocin in cisplatin-induced anorexia in rats. J Physiol Sci. 2018;68:471-482 pubmed publisher..In the OXT-LI cells, cisplatin-induced Fos expression in the SON and the PVN was also suppressed by OXTR-A pretreatment. These results suggested that central OXT may be involved in cisplatin-induced anorexia in rats. ..
- Motojima Y, Kawasaki M, Matsuura T, Saito R, Yoshimura M, Hashimoto H, et al. Effects of peripherally administered cholecystokinin-8 and secretin on feeding/drinking and oxytocin-mRFP1 fluorescence in transgenic rats. Neurosci Res. 2016;109:63-9 pubmed publisher..These results provide us the evidence that, at least in part, i.p. administration of CCK-8 or secretin might be involved in the regulation of feeding/drinking via a OXTergic pathway from the dpPVN to the NTS. ..
- Ohno S, Hashimoto H, Fujihara H, Fujiki N, Yoshimura M, Maruyama T, et al. Increased oxytocin-monomeric red fluorescent protein 1 fluorescent intensity with urocortin-like immunoreactivity in the hypothalamo-neurohypophysial system of aged transgenic rats. Neurosci Res. 2018;128:40-49 pubmed publisher..The physiological role of the co-existence of oxytocin and urocortin in the SON and PVN of aged rats remains unclear. ..
- Yoshimura M, Nishimura K, Nishimura H, Sonoda S, Ueno H, Motojima Y, et al. Activation of endogenous arginine vasopressin neurons inhibit food intake: by using a novel transgenic rat line with DREADDs system. Sci Rep. 2017;7:15728 pubmed publisher..This novel transgenic rat line may provide a revolutionary insight into the neuronal mechanism regarding central AVP system responsible for various kind of behaviours. ..
- Saito R, Sonoda S, Ueno H, Motojima Y, Yoshimura M, Maruyama T, et al. Involvement of central nesfatin-1 neurons on oxytocin-induced feeding suppression in rats. Neurosci Lett. 2017;655:54-60 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that nesfatin-1-expressing neurons in the hypothalamus and brainstem may play a role in sensing the peripheral level of OXT and its suppression of feeding in rats. ..
- Akiyama Y, Yoshimura M, Nishimura K, Nishimura H, Sonoda S, Ueno H, et al. Activation of central nesfatin-1/NucB2 after intraperitoneally administered cisplatin in rats. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:794-799 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that i.p. administration of cisplatin activated, at least in part, nesfatin-1/NucB2 neuron in the CNS and may exert anorexigenic effects in rats. ..
- Matsuura T, Kawasaki M, Hashimoto H, Yoshimura M, Motojima Y, Saito R, et al. Effects of central administration of oxytocin-saporin cytotoxin on chronic inflammation and feeding/drinking behaviors in adjuvant arthritic rats. Neurosci Lett. 2016;621:104-110 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that central OXT-ergic pathways may be involved in anti-inflammation at the spinal level and suppression of feeding behavior at the forebrain-brainstem level in AA rats. ..
- Ueta Y, Kannan H, Higuchi T, Negoro H, Yamaguchi K, Yamashita H. Activation of gastric afferents increases noradrenaline release in the paraventricular nucleus and plasma oxytocin level. J Auton Nerv Syst. 2000;78:69-76 pubmed..v. administration of CCK-8. These results suggest that gastric vagal afferents activate the central noradrenergic system from the brainstem to the PVN and secretion of OXT...