Affiliation: University of Tsukuba
- Effects of landiolol hydrochloride on intractable tachyarrhythmia after pediatric cardiac surgeryChiho Tokunaga
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan Department of Pediatric Cardiology, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan Electronic address
Ann Thorac Surg 95:1685-8. 2013..The drug has higher β1:β2 selectivity ratio and a less negative inotropic effect. This study retrospectively evaluates the efficacy and safety of landiolol in the management of tachyarrhythmias after pediatric cardiac surgery...
- Surgical removal of infected pacemaker leads without cardiopulmonary bypass after failed extraction using the Excimer Laser Sheath Extraction SystemChiho Tokunaga
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery and Cardiology, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Science, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennoudai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 7565, Japan
J Artif Organs 15:94-8. 2012..Also, for emergent situations, we believe that close backup by a cardiovascular surgical team should be considered essential for performing the Excimer Laser Sheath Lead Extraction safely...
- Fibrinogen decreases cardiomyocyte contractility through an ICAM-1-dependent mechanismJohn H Boyd
University of British Columbia Critical Care Research Laboratories, St Paul s Hospital, 1081 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, V6Z 1Y6, Canada
Crit Care 12:R2. 2008..We investigated whether fibrinogen and fibrinogen degradation products, including D-dimer, could alter cardiomyocyte contractile function through interaction with ICAM-1 found on inflamed cardiomyocytes...
- Giant coronary artery aneurysm with pulmonary artery fistula in a patient on chronic hemodialysisChiho Tokunaga
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 89:963-5. 2010..The patient's restrictive cardiac dysfunction was improved after aneurysm resection. Surgical resection should be considered for giant coronary artery aneurysm with restrictive cardiac dysfunction...
- Erythropoietin enhances arterioles more significantly than it does capillaries in an infarcted rat heart modelTomohiro Imazuru
Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Int Heart J 50:801-10. 2009..7 and 119 +/- 2.1 in the Epo and control groups, respectively (P < 0.00005). Epo enhanced arterioles more significantly than it did capillaries in this infarcted rat heart model...
- The minimum coronary artery diameter in which coronary spasm can be identified by synchrotron radiation coronary angiographyShonosuke Matsushita
Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Eur J Radiol 68:S84-8. 2008..However, synchrotron radiation coronary angiography (SRCA) can identify coronary arteries down to 100 microm in diameter in the beating heart and 50 microm in arrested heart...
- Kawashima procedure after staged unifocalizations in asplenia with major aortopulmonary collateral arteriesYukiko Ban
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 89:971-3. 2010..Cyanosis, respiratory distress, and ventricular function improved...
- Sex difference in peripheral arterial response to cold exposureFujio Sato
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Science, University of Tsukuba, Japan
Circ J 72:1367-72. 2008..The present study used synchrotron radiation micro-angiography (SRMA) to examine the hypothesis that this feeling is derived from a sex difference in the vascular response to coldness...
- Palliative open heart surgery in an infant with factor VII deficiencyChiho Tokunaga
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba 305 8575, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 76:2093-4. 2003..We conclude that an appropriate replacement therapy is needed to control bleeding during open heart surgery with factor VII deficiency...