Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Tokyo
- Nitta T, Kochi Y, Muro R, Tomofuji Y, Okamura T, Murata S, et al. Human thymoproteasome variations influence CD8 T cell selection. Sci Immunol. 2017;2: pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that, in addition to the MHC haplotype, proteasome variations influence T cell repertoire selection and may contribute to the difference in individual susceptibility to autoimmunity. ..
- Takaba H, Takayanagi H. The Mechanisms of T Cell Selection in the Thymus. Trends Immunol. 2017;38:805-816 pubmed publisher..Here, we discuss novel findings on the transcriptional mechanisms of tissue restricted-antigen expression in the medullary thymic epithelial cells and its effects on T cell selection. ..
- Tsukasaki M, Komatsu N, Nagashima K, Nitta T, Pluemsakunthai W, Shukunami C, et al. Host defense against oral microbiota by bone-damaging T cells. Nat Commun. 2018;9:701 pubmed publisher..Thus, bone-damaging T cells, which may have developed to stop local infection by inducing tooth loss, function as a double-edged sword by protecting against pathogens while also inducing skeletal tissue degradation. ..
- Nakamura H, Nakashima T, Hayashi M, Izawa N, Yasui T, Aburatani H, et al. Global epigenomic analysis indicates protocadherin-7 activates osteoclastogenesis by promoting cell-cell fusion. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;455:305-11 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that Pcdh7 plays a key role in osteoclastogenesis by promoting cell-cell fusion. ..
- Guerrini M, Okamoto K, Komatsu N, Sawa S, Danks L, Penninger J, et al. Inhibition of the TNF Family Cytokine RANKL Prevents Autoimmune Inflammation in the Central Nervous System. Immunity. 2015;43:1174-85 pubmed publisher..Pharmacological inhibition of RANKL prevented the development of EAE without affecting the peripheral immune response, indicating that RANKL is a potential therapeutic target for treating autoimmune diseases in the CNS. ..
- Nagashima K, Sawa S, Nitta T, Prados A, Koliaraki V, Kollias G, et al. Targeted deletion of RANKL in M cell inducer cells by the Col6a1-Cre driver. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:437-443 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that Col6a1-Cre driver mice are as useful as Twist2-Cre driver mice for functional analyses of GALT-resident mesenchymal cells, including MCi cells. ..