Affiliation: University of Tokyo
- Tanaka T, Oyama T, Sugie S, Shimizu M. Different Susceptibilities between Apoe- and Ldlr-Deficient Mice to Inflammation-Associated Colorectal Carcinogenesis. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed..These findings suggest that Apoe-deficient mice showed increased susceptibility to inflammation-associated colorectal carcinogenesis due to their high reactivity to inflammatory stimuli. ..
- Tanaka T, Kochi T, Shirakami Y, Mori T, Kurata A, Watanabe N, et al. Cimetidine and Clobenpropit Attenuate Inflammation-Associated Colorectal Carcinogenesis in Male ICR Mice. Cancers (Basel). 2016;8: pubmed publisher..Additional data, including the mRNA expression of pro-inflammatory cytokines and inducible inflammatory enzymes in the colonic mucosa, are also presented. ..
- Okuno M, Adachi S, Kozawa O, Shimizu M, Yasuda I. The Clinical Significance of Phosphorylated Heat Shock Protein 27 (HSPB1) in Pancreatic Cancer. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize the role of phosphorylated HSP27, as well as HSP27, in the regulation of chemosensitivity in pancreatic cancer. ..
- Ideta T, Shirakami Y, Miyazaki T, Kochi T, Sakai H, Moriwaki H, et al. The Dipeptidyl Peptidase-4 Inhibitor Teneligliptin Attenuates Hepatic Lipogenesis via AMPK Activation in Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Model Mice. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:29207-18 pubmed publisher..DPP-4 inhibitors may be effective for the treatment of NAFLD and may be able to prevent its progression to non-alcoholic steatohepatitis. ..
- Baba A, Shimizu M, Ohno T, Shirakami Y, Kubota M, Kochi T, et al. Synergistic growth inhibition by acyclic retinoid and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase inhibitor in human hepatoma cells. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:465 pubmed publisher..This combination might therefore be effective for the chemoprevention and chemotherapy of HCC. ..
- Shimizu M, Yasuda Y, Sakai H, Kubota M, Terakura D, Baba A, et al. Pitavastatin suppresses diethylnitrosamine-induced liver preneoplasms in male C57BL/KsJ-db/db obese mice. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:281 pubmed publisher..Pitavastatin is effective in inhibiting the early phase of obesity-related liver tumorigenesis and, therefore, may be useful in the chemoprevention of liver cancer in obese individuals. ..
- Shimizu M, Sakai H, Shirakami Y, Yasuda Y, Kubota M, Terakura D, et al. Preventive effects of (-)-epigallocatechin gallate on diethylnitrosamine-induced liver tumorigenesis in obese and diabetic C57BL/KsJ-db/db Mice. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2011;4:396-403 pubmed publisher..EGCG, therefore, may be useful in the chemoprevention of liver tumorigenesis in obese individuals. Cancer Prev Res; 4(3); 396-403. ©2011 AACR. ..
- Shimizu M, Sakai H, Shirakami Y, Iwasa J, Yasuda Y, Kubota M, et al. Acyclic retinoid inhibits diethylnitrosamine-induced liver tumorigenesis in obese and diabetic C57BLKS/J- +(db)/+Lepr(db) mice. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2011;4:128-36 pubmed publisher..ACR may be, therefore, useful in the chemoprevention of obesity-related HCC. ..
- Fukuta K, Shirakami Y, Maruta A, Obara K, Iritani S, Nakamura N, et al. Preventive Effects of Pentoxifylline on the Development of Colonic Premalignant Lesions in Obese and Diabetic Mice. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that PTX attenuated chronic inflammation and oxidative stress, and prevented the development of colonic tumorigenesis in an obesity-related colon cancer model. ..
- Shimizu M, Shirakami Y, Iwasa J, Shiraki M, Yasuda Y, Hata K, et al. Supplementation with branched-chain amino acids inhibits azoxymethane-induced colonic preneoplastic lesions in male C57BL/KsJ-db/db mice. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:3068-75 pubmed publisher..The present study examined the effects of BCAA on the development of azoxymethane (AOM)-initiated colonic premalignant lesions in C57BL/KsJ-db/db (db/db) mice that were obese and had hyperinsulinemia...
- Kobayashi K, Tomita H, Shimizu M, Tanaka T, Suzui N, Miyazaki T, et al. p53 Expression as a Diagnostic Biomarker in Ulcerative Colitis-Associated Cancer. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..However, protein expression of p53 is not always universal, and additional methods may be required to assess p53 status in UC-associated colon cancers. ..
- Tanaka T, Kochi T, Shirakami Y, Mori T, Niwa A, Watanabe N, et al. Erratum: Tanaka, T. et al. Cimetidine and Clobenpropit Attenuate Inflammation-Associated Colorectal Carcinogenesis in Male ICR Mice. Cancers, 2016, 8, 25. Cancers (Basel). 2017;9: pubmed publisher..n/a. ..
- Imai K, Takai K, Watanabe S, Hanai T, Suetsugu A, Shiraki M, et al. Sarcopenia Impairs Prognosis of Patients with Hepatocellular Carcinoma: The Role of Liver Functional Reserve and Tumor-Related Factors in Loss of Skeletal Muscle Volume. Nutrients. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..Maintaining liver functional reserve and early diagnosis and therapy for HCC are vital to prevent skeletal muscle depletion and improve the prognosis of patients with HCC. ..
- Shimizu M, Takai K, Moriwaki H. Strategy and mechanism for the prevention of hepatocellular carcinoma: phosphorylated retinoid X receptor alpha is a critical target for hepatocellular carcinoma chemoprevention. Cancer Sci. 2009;100:369-74 pubmed publisher..Acyclic retinoid, which targets phosphorylated RXRalpha, may thus play a critical role in preventing the development of multicentric HCC. ..