Affiliation: University of Shizuoka
- Seto Y, Suzuki G, Leung S, Chan H, Onoue S. Development of an Improved Inhalable Powder Formulation of Pirfenidone by Spray-Drying: In Vitro Characterization and Pharmacokinetic Profiling. Pharm Res. 2016;33:1447-55 pubmed publisher..SD/PFD would be suitable for inhalation, and the utilization of an RP system with SD/PFD would provide a safer medication compared with oral administration of PFD. ..
- Nihei T, Suzuki H, Aoki A, Yuminoki K, Hashimoto N, Sato H, et al. Development of a novel nanoparticle formulation of thymoquinone with a cold wet-milling system and its pharmacokinetic analysis. Int J Pharm. 2016;511:455-461 pubmed publisher..6-fold increase of oral bioavailability, and the Tmax was shown to be a quarter. From these findings, the NP approach employing the CWM system might be a promising dosage option for improving the nutraceutical values of TQ. ..
- Suzuki H, Kojo Y, Yakushiji K, Yuminoki K, Hashimoto N, Onoue S. Strategic application of self-micellizing solid dispersion technology to respirable powder formulation of tranilast for improved therapeutic potential. Int J Pharm. 2016;499:255-262 pubmed publisher..4.2-fold lower than that after oral administration of TL solution at a clinical dose (1.67 mg/kg). SMSD/TL-RP might be an attractive dosage form to improve the anti-inflammatory effects and safety of TL. ..
- Onoue S, Ohtake H, Suzuki G, Seto Y, Nishida H, Hirota M, et al. Comparative study on prediction performance of photosafety testing tools on photoallergens. Toxicol In Vitro. 2016;33:147-52 pubmed publisher..Thus, photochemical assays, in particular the ROS assay, can be used for assessment of photoallergenicity, although there were some false-positive predictions. ..
- Seto Y, Ohtake H, Kato M, Onoue S. Development of fluorometric reactive oxygen species assay for photosafety evaluation. Toxicol In Vitro. 2016;34:113-9 pubmed publisher..The fROS assay has the potential to become a new tool for photosafety assessment at an early stage of product development. ..
- Suzuki H, Moritani T, Morinaga T, Seto Y, Sato H, Onoue S. Amorphous solid dispersion of cyclosporine A prepared with fine droplet drying process: Physicochemical and pharmacokinetic characterization. Int J Pharm. 2017;519:213-219 pubmed publisher..From these findings, the FDD process might be an efficacious option for the ASD formulation of CsA with enhanced biopharmaceutics properties. ..
- Onoue S, Seto Y, Sato H, Nishida H, Hirota M, Ashikaga T, et al. Chemical photoallergy: photobiochemical mechanisms, classification, and risk assessments. J Dermatol Sci. 2017;85:4-11 pubmed publisher....
- Suzuki H, Ueno K, Mizumoto T, Seto Y, Sato H, Onoue S. Self-micellizing solid dispersion of cyclosporine A for pulmonary delivery: Physicochemical, pharmacokinetic and safety assessments. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2017;96:107-114 pubmed publisher..From these findings, SMSD/CsA-RP might be a favorable dosage form for effective and safe inhalation therapy of CsA. ..
- Kojo Y, Matsunaga S, Suzuki H, Sato H, Seto Y, Onoue S. Improved oral absorption profile of itraconazole in hypochlorhydria by self-micellizing solid dispersion approach. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2017;97:55-61 pubmed publisher..9%, and even 6.3% in the hypochlorhydric model. From these findings, SMSD technology could be beneficial for improving the absorption profiles of weak basic drugs, even in hypochlorhydric patients. ..
- Suzuki H, Hamao S, Seto Y, Sato H, Wong J, Prud homme R, et al. New nano-matrix oral formulation of nanoprecipitated cyclosporine A prepared with multi-inlet vortex mixer. Int J Pharm. 2017;516:116-119 pubmed publisher..From these findings, the nano-matrix formulation appears to be an efficacious oral dosage form to enhance the biopharmaceutical properties of CsA. ..
- Suzuki H, Yakushiji K, Matsunaga S, Yamauchi Y, Seto Y, Sato H, et al. Amorphous Solid Dispersion of Meloxicam Enhanced Oral Absorption in Rats With Impaired Gastric Motility. J Pharm Sci. 2017;: pubmed publisher..This ASD approach might provide rapid oral absorption of MEL in severe pain patients, possibly leading to better clinical outcomes. ..
- Kojo Y, Kobayashi K, Matsunaga S, Suzuki H, Seto Y, Sato H, et al. Avoidance of food effect on oral absorption profile of itraconazole by self-micellizing solid dispersion approach. Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 2017;32:273-276 pubmed publisher..SMSD technology could be an efficacious dosage option for the consistent oral absorption and clinical outcomes of ITZ. ..
- Onoue S, Hanato J, Yamada S. Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide attenuates streptozotocin-induced apoptotic death of RIN-m5F cells through regulation of Bcl-2 family protein mRNA expression. FEBS J. 2008;275:5542-51 pubmed publisher..The data obtained suggest the anti-apoptotic role of PACAP in streptozotocin-treated RIN-m5F cells through the regulation of pro-apoptotic and pro-survival factors. ..
- Kato M, Ohtake H, Sato H, Seto Y, Onoue S. Enzymatic reactive oxygen species assay to evaluate phototoxic risk of metabolites. Toxicol Lett. 2017;278:59-65 pubmed publisher..The present eROS assay may be applicable in part for evaluating the phototoxic risk of drug candidates after their metabolization in the early stage of drug discovery. ..
- Seto Y, Kato K, Tsukada R, Suzuki H, Kaneko Y, Kojo Y, et al. Protective effects of tranilast on experimental colitis in rats. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;90:842-849 pubmed publisher..Although further improvement in the oral bioavailability of TL might be required for better pharmacological outcomes, TL would be an efficacious agent for treating IBD. ..
- Sato H, Suzuki H, Yakushiji K, Wong J, Seto Y, Prud homme R, et al. Biopharmaceutical Evaluation of Novel Cyclosporine A Nano-matrix Particles for Inhalation. Pharm Res. 2016;33:2107-16 pubmed publisher..Upon these findings, nCsAm prepared with the flash nano-precipitation technique could be a novel dosage form of CsA for inhalation therapy of airway inflammation with a better safety margin. ..
- Onoue S, Nakamura T, Uchida A, Ogawa K, Yuminoki K, Hashimoto N, et al. Physicochemical and biopharmaceutical characterization of amorphous solid dispersion of nobiletin, a citrus polymethoxylated flavone, with improved hepatoprotective effects. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2013;49:453-60 pubmed publisher..Given the improved physicochemical and biopharmaceutical properties, the SD formulation strategy might be efficacious for enhancing the therapeutic potential of NOB...
- Onoue S, Matsui T, Kuriyama K, Ogawa K, Kojo Y, Mizumoto T, et al. Inhalable sustained-release formulation of long-acting vasoactive intestinal peptide derivative alleviates acute airway inflammation. Peptides. 2012;35:182-9 pubmed publisher..From these findings, newly prepared IK312532/NS-RP might be of clinical importance in improving duration of action and medication compliance for treatment of airway inflammatory diseases. ..
- Onoue S, Matsui T, Aoki Y, Ishida H, Nukaya H, Kou K, et al. Self-assembled micellar formulation of chafuroside A with improved anti-inflammatory effects in experimental asthma/COPD-model rats. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2012;45:184-9 pubmed publisher..From these observations, the SAM formulation might be an efficacious approach for enhancing the therapeutic potential of CFA for treatment of inflammatory diseases. ..
- Onoue S, Seto Y, Ochi M, Inoue R, Ito H, Hatano T, et al. In vitro photochemical and phototoxicological characterization of major constituents in St. John's Wort (Hypericum perforatum) extracts. Phytochemistry. 2011;72:1814-20 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results suggested that hypericin, pseudohypericin, and hyperforin might be responsible for the in vitro phototoxic effects of SJW extract...