Affiliation: University of Tokyo
- Luminal and cancer cells in the breast show more rapid telomere shortening than myoepithelial cells and fibroblastsRie Kurabayashi
Division of Metabolic Care and Endocrine Surgery, Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Hum Pathol 39:1647-55. 2008..Tissue quantitative fluorescence in situ hybridization, applicable to analysis of individual cells in tissue sections, is considered to be a powerful technique with considerable promise for studies in oncology...
- Specific subtelomere loss on chromosome der(11)t(3;11)(q23;q23)x2 in anaplastic thyroid cancer cell line OCUT-1Makoto Kammori
Division of Metabolic Care Unit and Endocrine Surgery, Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Int J Mol Med 18:9-16. 2006..Our findings suggest that telomere shortening and subtelomere loss are correlated with genetic instability in this anaplastic thyroid carcinoma cell line...
- Telomere metabolism and diagnostic demonstration of telomere measurement in the human esophagus for distinguishing benign from malignant tissue by tissue quantitative fluorescence in situ hybridizationMakoto Kammori
Department of Breast, Tokyo Metropolitan Tama Cancer Detection Center, Fuchu shi, Tokyo, Japan
Oncology 71:430-6. 2006..We hypothesized that the very rapid cell proliferation observed in esophageal squamous cell carcinomas might accelerate the telomere shortening and chromosomal instability associated with carcinogenesis...
- Prognostic utility of fluorescence in situ hybridization for determining HER2 gene amplification in breast cancerMakoto Kammori
Department of Surgery, Kanaji Thyroid Hospital, Tokyo 114 0015, Japan
Oncol Rep 19:651-6. 2008..Moreover, triple negativity for HER2, ER and PR is a potentially very important prognostic marker...
- Changes of telomere length with agingKaiyo Takubo
Department of Clinical Pathology, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology, Tokyo, Japan
Geriatr Gerontol Int 10:S197-206. 2010..Our Q-FISH method using our original software program "Tissue Telo" is excellent for measuring telomere lengths using tissue sections and PNA probes...
- The pathological findings of vasculitis simultaneously occurring with carcinoma, invasive breast carcinoma in a patient with Behçet's diseaseMakoto Kammori
Division of Breast and Endocrine Surgery, Department of Surgery, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Breast Cancer 13:378-81. 2006..At 10 months follow-up the patient remains disease free. Malignancies associated with BD are very uncommon. The pathological findings showed small vessel vasculitis and lobulitis of the breast in association with invasive carcinoma...
- Primary non-Hodgkin's lymphoma of the breast treated nonsurgically: report of three casesToshihisa Ogawa
Department of Breast and Endocrine Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Breast Cancer 18:68-72. 2011..Although a standard treatment has yet to be established, an initial treatment with combination therapy without surgical intervention including axillary dissection appears to be appropriate for this rare disease...
- Preoperative evaluation of thyroid pathology in patients with primary hyperparathyroidismToshihisa Ogawa
Department of Endocrine Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Thyroid 17:59-62. 2007..The prevalence of thyroid disease associated with hyperparathyroidism is high, and evaluation of the thyroid pathology by US enables the shift from bilateral neck exploration to the minimally invasive parathyroid surgery...
- [Long-term results of breast-conservation therapy for breast neoplasms]Toshihisa Ogawa
Department of Metabolic Care and Endocrine Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo
Nihon Rinsho 65:422-7. 2007
- Oestrogen receptor-beta1 but not oestrogen receptor-betacx is of prognostic value in apocrine carcinoma of the breastNaoko Honma
Research Team for Geriatric Diseases, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology, Tokyo, Japan
APMIS 116:923-30. 2008..ER-beta1 itself, independent of ER-alpha expression and tamoxifen treatment, seems to have a tumor-suppressive effect, at least in apocrine carcinomas. Further study of ER-beta1 is desired to optimize breast cancer treatment...
- Expression of human telomerase reverse transcriptase gene and protein, and of estrogen and progesterone receptors, in breast tumors: preliminary data from neo-adjuvant chemotherapyMakoto Kammori
Division of Breast and Endocrine Surgery, Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Int J Oncol 27:1257-63. 2005..These results suggest that detection of hTERT protein by ICH can be used to distinguish breast cancers as a potential diagnostic and therapeutic marker...