Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Tokyo
- Hosoe J, Kadowaki H, Miya F, Aizu K, Kawamura T, Miyata I, et al. Structural Basis and Genotype-Phenotype Correlations of INSR Mutations Causing Severe Insulin Resistance. Diabetes. 2017;66:2713-2723 pubmed publisher....
- Yamauchi T, Iwabu M, Okada Iwabu M, Kadowaki T. Adiponectin receptors: a review of their structure, function and how they work. Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2014;28:15-23 pubmed publisher..Such knowledge can then be used to provide therapeutic targets aimed at managing obesity-linked diseases including type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome. ..
- Hara K, Shojima N, Hosoe J, Kadowaki T. Genetic architecture of type 2 diabetes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;452:213-20 pubmed publisher....
- Kato A, Fujimaki Y, Fujimori S, Izumida Y, Suzuki R, Ueki K, et al. A qualitative study on the impact of internalized stigma on type 2 diabetes self-management. Patient Educ Couns. 2016;99:1233-1239 pubmed publisher..This can hinder devotion to their treatment regimen and affect their degree of compliance with physicians. Internalized stigma can be assessed by observing a patient's illness-related negative self-image. ..
- Kubota T, Kubota N, Kadowaki T. Imbalanced Insulin Actions in Obesity and Type 2 Diabetes: Key Mouse Models of Insulin Signaling Pathway. Cell Metab. 2017;25:797-810 pubmed publisher..This Review focuses on recent progress in understanding insulin signaling and insulin resistance using key mouse models for elucidating pathophysiology of human obesity and type 2 diabetes. ..
- Sato H, Kubota N, Kubota T, Takamoto I, Iwayama K, Tokuyama K, et al. Anagliptin increases insulin-induced skeletal muscle glucose uptake via an NO-dependent mechanism in mice. Diabetologia. 2016;59:2426-2434 pubmed publisher..Anagliptin may be a promising agent to ameliorate skeletal muscle insulin resistance in obese patients with type 2 diabetes. ..
- Eto K, Yamashita T, Hirose K, Tsubamoto Y, Ainscow E, Rutter G, et al. Glucose metabolism and glutamate analog acutely alkalinize pH of insulin secretory vesicles of pancreatic beta-cells. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2003;285:E262-71 pubmed..Moreover, glutamate derived from glucose may be one of the mediators of this alkalinizing effect of glucose, which may have potential relevance to the alteration of secretory function by glutamate...
- Kadowaki T, Yamauchi T, Kubota N, Hara K, Ueki K, Tobe K. Adiponectin and adiponectin receptors in insulin resistance, diabetes, and the metabolic syndrome. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:1784-92 pubmed..This Review describes the pathophysiology of adiponectin and adiponectin receptors in insulin resistance, diabetes, and the metabolic syndrome. ..
- Yamauchi T, Hara K, Maeda S, Yasuda K, Takahashi A, Horikoshi M, et al. A genome-wide association study in the Japanese population identifies susceptibility loci for type 2 diabetes at UBE2E2 and C2CD4A-C2CD4B. Nat Genet. 2010;42:864-8 pubmed publisher..78 × 10?¹?, whereas the UBE2E2 locus did not show association to T2D. In conclusion, we identified two new loci at UBE2E2 and C2CD4A-C2CD4B associated with susceptibility to T2D. ..
- Sasaki M, Sasako T, Kubota N, Sakurai Y, Takamoto I, Kubota T, et al. Dual Regulation of Gluconeogenesis by Insulin and Glucose in the Proximal Tubules of the Kidney. Diabetes. 2017;66:2339-2350 pubmed publisher....
- Take K, Waki H, Sun W, Wada T, Yu J, Nakamura M, et al. CDK5 Regulatory Subunit-Associated Protein 1-like 1 Negatively Regulates Adipocyte Differentiation through Activation of Wnt Signaling Pathway. Sci Rep. 2017;7:7326 pubmed publisher..Our results identify CDKAL1 as novel negative regulator of adipocyte differentiation and provide insights into the link between CDKAL1 and metabolic diseases such as type 2 diabetes and obesity. ..
- Ueki K, Sasako T, Okazaki Y, Kato M, Okahata S, Katsuyama H, et al. Effect of an intensified multifactorial intervention on cardiovascular outcomes and mortality in type 2 diabetes (J-DOIT3): an open-label, randomised controlled trial. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..However, safe and effective treatment targets for these risk factors have not been determined for such interventions...
- Kadowaki T, Hara K, Kubota N, Tobe K, Terauchi Y, Yamauchi T, et al. The role of PPARgamma in high-fat diet-induced obesity and insulin resistance. J Diabetes Complications. 2002;16:41-5 pubmed..These results revealed that both in mice and humans, PPARgamma is a thrifty gene mediating Type 2 diabetes. ..
- Awazawa M, Ueki K, Inabe K, Yamauchi T, Kubota N, Kaneko K, et al. Adiponectin enhances insulin sensitivity by increasing hepatic IRS-2 expression via a macrophage-derived IL-6-dependent pathway. Cell Metab. 2011;13:401-412 pubmed publisher..These data have unraveled an insulin-sensitizing action initiated by adiponectin leading to upregulation of hepatic IRS-2 via an IL-6 dependent pathway through a still unidentified adiponectin receptor. ..
- Kadowaki T, Yamauchi T, Waki H, Iwabu M, Okada Iwabu M, Nakamura M. Adiponectin, adiponectin receptors, and epigenetic regulation of adipogenesis. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 2011;76:257-65 pubmed publisher....
- Sakurai Y, Kubota N, Takamoto I, Obata A, Iwamoto M, Hayashi T, et al. Role of insulin receptor substrates in the progression of hepatocellular carcinoma. Sci Rep. 2017;7:5387 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that upregulated Irs1 by Wnt/?-catenin signaling plays a crucial role in the progression of HCC. ..