Affiliation: University of Tokyo
- Topographical differences in the sensitivity of the human nasal mucosa to olfactory and trigeminal stimuliTadashi Ishimaru
Hyotan machi ENT Clinic, Japan
Neurosci Lett 493:136-9. 2011..8 ppm, CO(2) 5% and 10%). These data suggest that the middle turbinate has regions which are sensitive to both olfactory and trigeminal stimuli...
- Intrinsic chemosensory signal recorded from the human nasal mucosa in patients with smell lossTadashi Ishimaru
Hyotan machi ENT Clinic, Hyotan machi 2 13, Kanazawa 920 0845, Japan
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 270:1335-8. 2013..The present data show that in the studied patients trigeminal function seems to be preserved, while it appears that in some patients olfactory function is preserved to a certain degree...
- Effects of smoking on odour identification in Japanese subjectsTadashi Ishimaru
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Nanto General Hospital, Nanto, Toyama, Japan
Rhinology 45:224-8. 2007..Thus, the aim of this study was to investigate the effects of smoking on odour identification...
- Olfactory and gustatory disturbances caused by digitalism: a case reportTadashi Ishimaru
Department of Otolaryngology, Nanto General Hospital, 2007 5 Umeno, Nanto, Toyama, Japan
Auris Nasus Larynx 33:465-9. 2006....
- Recordings of the optical intrinsic signal from the middle turbinate in response to olfactory and trigeminal stimulation: a pilot studyTadashi Ishimaru
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Smell and Taste Clinic, University of Dresden Medical School Technische Universität Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 265:781-5. 2008..When the nasal cavity was exposed to H2S, a significant change of the IOS was found; responses to CO2 were even more pronounced. The present results argue for the idea that the IOS is an indicator of intranasal chemosensory activation...
- Superior turbinate osteoma: a case reportTadashi Ishimaru
Department of Otolaryngology, Nanto General Hospital, 2007 5, Umeno, Nanto, Toyama 939 1724, Japan
Auris Nasus Larynx 32:291-3. 2005..This is a report of a 61-year-old female presenting superior turbinate osteoma with headaches. The osteoma was resected by endoscopic sinus surgery (ESS) and the patient was relieved of headaches...
- Optical recordings from the human nasal mucosa in response to olfactory stimulationTadashi Ishimaru
Smell and Taste Clinic, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Dresden Medical School Technische Universität Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 74, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Neurosci Lett 423:231-5. 2007..Response areas were significantly larger for the 5.6 ppm H(2)S stimuli. While further experiments are needed, recordings of the intrinsic optical signal may be used to obtain responses from the nasal cavity to specific olfactory stimuli...
- Potential changes with gamma-band oscillation at the frontal scalp elicited by intravenous olfactory stimulation in humansTadashi Ishimaru
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa 920 8641, Japan
Chem Senses 27:711-7. 2002..The gamma-band potential at the frontal scalp is a useful measure of central disturbance...
- Optical recording of the intrinsic signal from the human olfactory cleftTadashi Ishimaru
Smell and Taste Clinic, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Dresden Medical School, Technische Universitaet Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 116:335-41. 2007..To obtain information on the functional status of the olfactory mucosa, I used endoscopy to investigate the optical intrinsic signal recording from the human olfactory cleft...
- Hemodynamic response of the frontal cortex elicited by intravenous thiamine propyldisulphide administrationTadashi Ishimaru
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Nanto General Hospital, Fukumitsu 939 1724, Japan
Chem Senses 29:247-51. 2004..Oxyhemoglobin response appears to be linked to olfactory related response. NIRS is a useful technique for the development of an objective form of IVO testing...
- Lateralized differences in olfactory functionVolker Gudziol
Smell and Taste Clinic, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Dresden Medical School, Dresden, Germany
Laryngoscope 117:808-11. 2007..The aim of the presented study was to evaluate side differences of odor identification in large groups of healthy subjects and in patients with nasal symptoms...
- The influence of olfactory loss on dietary behaviorsKatja Aschenbrenner
Smell and Taste Clinic, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Dresden Medical School, Fetscherstrasse 74, Dresden, Germany
Laryngoscope 118:135-44. 2008..To assess dietary behavior and possible changes in food selection in patients with smell loss...
- [Recent clinical trends in smell disorder]Tadashi Ishimaru
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Nanto General Hospital, 2007 5 Umeno, Nanto shi, Toyama 939 1724, Japan
No To Shinkei 57:659-66. 2005
- Role of nerve growth factor in the olfactory systemTakaki Miwa
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Takaramachi, Kanazawa 920 8640, Japan
Microsc Res Tech 58:197-203. 2002..These findings suggested that the presence of NGF in the olfactory bulb plays an essential role in regeneration, maintenance, and development in the olfactory system of mammals...
- Electrically stimulated olfactory evoked potential in olfactory disturbanceTadashi Ishimaru
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Japan
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 111:518-22. 2002..80+/-0.00 (n = 8), respectively. The differences between the T&T thresholds of EOEP-detectable and -undetectable cases were significant. We concluded that EOEP is suitable for electrophysiological olfactometry...