Affiliation: University of Tokyo
- Japanese public long-term care insured: preferences for future long-term care facilities, including relocation, waiting times, and individualized careKanae Sawamura
Center for the Strategy of Emergence, The Japan Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan Electronic address
J Am Med Dir Assoc 16:350.e9-350.e20. 2015..To optimize resource allocation, we aim to clarify the priorities of the functions of long-term care facilities from the viewpoint of future beneficiaries...
- Provision of individualized care and built environment of nursing homes in JapanKanae Sawamura
Research Department, Institute for Health Economics and Policy, No 11 Toyo Kaiji Bldg, 1 5 11, Nishi sinbashi, Minato ku, Tokyo 105 0003, Japan
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 56:416-24. 2013..Raising fees for the group-care model can be an effective measure to achieve it in facilities with conventional structure...
- Lay diagnoses and views on causes, coping strategies, and treatment for schizophreniaKanae Sawamura
Research Department, Institute for Health Economics and Policy, 1 5 11 Nishi Sinbashi, Minato ku, Tokyo, Japan
Community Ment Health J 48:309-16. 2012..To enhance mental health literacy, it is important to help people distinguish a mental illness from mere stress. Lay diagnoses do not necessary have to be detailed, as long as people recognize a situation as an illness...
- Interception of potential adverse drug events in long-term psychiatric care unitsKanae Sawamura
Musashi Hospital, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Kodaira, Tokyo, Japan
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 59:379-84. 2005..To improve the current situation, organizational efforts, such as increasing staff in the evening, and educating the staff about medications, will be required, as well as improvements in the medications themselves...
- Short-term verbal memory deficits in patients with obsessive-compulsive disorderKanae Sawamura
Musashi Hospital, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, and Department of Mental Health, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 59:527-32. 2005..This slowness possibly contributes to impaired memory performances that patients showed during the encoding process, since the efficient use of organizational strategies in limited time is difficult for them...
- The effect of an educational leaflet on depressive patients' attitudes toward treatmentKanae Sawamura
Institute for Health Economics and Policy, No 11 Toyo Kaiji Bldg, 1 5 11, Nishi sinbashi, Minato ku, Tokyo, 105 0003, Japan
Psychiatry Res 177:184-7. 2010..Our results indicate that the educational leaflet is an effective tool for enhancement of face-to-face education by medical professionals. Trial registration UMIN000002981, www.umin.ac.jp/ctr/index.htm...
- Prescription pattern of antipsychotic drugs for schizophrenic inpatients in Japan: research on East Asia Psychotropic Prescription Pattern-Antipsychotics studyReiji Yoshimura
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 60:778-9. 2006