Affiliation: University of Fukui
- Oligodeoxynucleotides containing palindrome sequences with internal 5'-CpG-3' act directly on human NK and activated T cells to induce IFN-gamma production in vitroS Iho
Department of Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Fukui Medical University, Japan
J Immunol 163:3642-52. 1999..These results indicate that oligo-DNAs containing CG palindrome act directly on human NK cells and activated T cells to induce IFN-gamma production...
- Nicotine induces human neutrophils to produce IL-8 through the generation of peroxynitrite and subsequent activation of NF-kappaBSumiko Iho
Department of Immunology and Medical Zoology, Fukui Medical University, Yoshida gun, Fukui, Japan
J Leukoc Biol 74:942-51. 2003..In conclusion, nicotine stimulates neutrophil-IL-8 production via nAChR by generating peroxynitrite and subsequent NF-kappaB activation, and the IL-8 appears to contribute to leukocytosis in tobacco smokers...
- DNA from Mycobacterium bovis bacillus Calmette-Guérin (MY-1) inhibits immunoglobulin E production by human lymphocytesS Fujieda
Departments of Otorhinolaryngology and Immunology, Fukui Medical University, Fukui, Matsuoka, Yoshida, Japan
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 160:2056-61. 1999..These results suggest that exposure to MY-1 may be a novel strategy for the treatment of IgE-related allergic disease...
- Synthetic oligodeoxynucleotides inhibit IgE induction in human lymphocytesS Fujieda
Departments of Otorhinolaryngology and Immunology, Fukui Medical University, Fukui, Japan
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 162:232-9. 2000..Also, the ODNs inhibited induction of epsilon germline transcripts by IL-4. Our findings indicate that synthetic ODNs appear to be candidates for the treatment of IgE-dependent allergic disease in humans...
- CpG-DNA-induced IFN-alpha production involves p38 MAPK-dependent STAT1 phosphorylation in human plasmacytoid dendritic cell precursorsRumiko Takauji
Department of Forensic Medicine, Fukui Medical University, Yochida gun, Japan
J Leukoc Biol 72:1011-9. 2002....
- Collaborative action of NF-kappaB and p38 MAPK is involved in CpG DNA-induced IFN-alpha and chemokine production in human plasmacytoid dendritic cellsYouko Osawa
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Fukui, 23 3 Matsuoka Shimoaizuki, Eiheiji cho, Yoshida gun, Fukui 910 1193, Japan
J Immunol 177:4841-52. 2006....