Affiliation: University of Tokyo
- [Epidemiological investigation of beta-lactam antibiotic induced vancomycin-resistant MRSA from clinical isolated MRSA--comparison of detection rate of BIVR with or without CZX]Yasuko Hososaka
Graduate School of Medicine, Health Sciences and Nursing, University of Tokyo
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 78:717-21. 2004..3%, 27.0%, and 20.0%, respectively. These results mean that addition of beta-lactam as ceftizoxime in pre-culture induces the ability of resistance to vancomycin for MRSA having a capacity as BIVR...
- Investigation of beta-lactam antibiotic-induced vancomycin-resistant MRSA (BIVR)Hideaki Hanaki
Research Center for Anti infective Drugs, The Kitasato Institute, 5 9 1 Shirokane, Minato ku, Tokyo, 108 0072, Japan
J Infect Chemother 11:104-6. 2005..9% (85/1731; P < 0.001; chi2 test). Uridine-diphosphate-N-acetylmuramyl-L: -alanyl-D: -isoglutamyl-L: -lysine, used as the peptidoglycan material of S. aureus, showed the same results as beta-lactam antibiotics in BIVR...
- Characterization of oxacillin-susceptible mecA-positive Staphylococcus aureus: a new type of MRSAYasuko Hososaka
Kitasato Research Center for Anti infection Drugs, 5 9 1 Shirokane, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8642, Japan
J Infect Chemother 13:79-86. 2007..In this study, the occurrence of OS-MRSA at a certain frequency was noted; precautions are called for in the classification of oxacillin-resistant S. aureus and in the treatment of OS-MRSA infection...
- Nosocomial infection of beta-lactam antibiotic-induced vancomycin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (BIVR)Yasuko Hososaka
Kitasato Research Center for Anti infection Drugs, 5 9 1 Shirokane, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 0072, Japan
J Infect Chemother 12:181-4. 2006..An important message given by this study would be that nosocomial BIVR infection could occur in any hospital where MRSA infection is treated with vancomycin and beta-lactam antibiotics...
- Occurrence of vancomycin-intermediate-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in JapanHideaki Hanaki
Kitasato Research Center for Anti infection Drugs, The Kitasato Institute, 5 9 1 Shirokane, Minato ku, Tokyo, 108 0072, Japan
J Infect Chemother 13:118-21. 2007..All these VISA strains had type II staphylococcal cassette chromosome, mec. This study revealed, for the first time in Japan, the presence of intermediate vancomycin-resistant MRSA in this country...