Affiliation: University of Tokyo
- Akuta N, Suzuki F, Hirakawa M, Kawamura Y, Sezaki H, Suzuki Y, et al. Amino acid substitution in HCV core/NS5A region and genetic variation near IL28B gene affect treatment efficacy to interferon plus ribavirin combination therapy. Intervirology. 2012;55:231-41 pubmed publisher..ISDR was an important predictor of SVR, and SVR after ETR. aa substitution in core/NS5A region and genetic variation near IL28B were important predictors of treatment efficacy to IFN/ribavirin. ..
- Akuta N, Kawamura Y, Suzuki F, Saitoh S, Arase Y, Fujiyama S, et al. Analysis of association between circulating miR-122 and histopathological features of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in patients free of hepatocellular carcinoma. BMC Gastroenterol. 2016;16:141 pubmed..Longitudinal examination of serial liver biopsies showed the association of serum miR-122 with histopathological features of HCC-free NAFLD patients. ..
- Akuta N, Chayama K, Suzuki F, Someya T, Kobayashi M, Tsubota A, et al. Risk factors of hepatitis C virus-related liver cirrhosis in young adults: positive family history of liver disease and transporter associated with antigen processing 2(TAP2)*0201 Allele. J Med Virol. 2001;64:109-16 pubmed..05). Our findings suggest that a positive family history of liver disease and TAP2*0201 polymorphism may be risk factors for HCV-related liver cirrhosis in young adults...
- Akuta N, Suzuki F, Kawamura Y, Yatsuji H, Sezaki H, Suzuki Y, et al. Substitution of amino acid 70 in the hepatitis C virus core region of genotype 1b is an important predictor of elevated alpha-fetoprotein in patients without hepatocellular carcinoma. J Med Virol. 2008;80:1354-62 pubmed publisher..The results highlight the importance of eradication of mutant type virus of aa 70 for reducing the risk of hepatocarcinogenesis...
- Akuta N, Suzuki F, Seko Y, Kawamura Y, Sezaki H, Suzuki Y, et al. Emergence of telaprevir-resistant variants detected by ultra-deep sequencing after triple therapy in patients infected with HCV genotype 1. J Med Virol. 2013;85:1028-36 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that it is difficult to predict at baseline the emergence of telaprevir-resistant variants after commencement of triple therapy in prior non-responders of HCV genotype 1, even with the use of ultra-deep sequencing...