Affiliation: University of Tokyo
- A carbamate-type cholinesterase inhibitor 2-sec-butylphenyl N-methylcarbamate insecticide blocks L-type Ca2+ channel in guinea pig ventricular myocytesHaruko Futagawa
Laboratory of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tokyo, Japan
Jpn J Pharmacol 90:12-20. 2002..These results indicate that BPMC, in addition to the inhibition of ChE, blocks L-type Ca2+ channels by accelerating voltage-dependent inactivation...
- [Molecular and pharmacological bases for the gating regulation of L-type voltage-dependent Ca2+ channels]Satomi Adachi-Akahane
Laboratory of Cell Signaling, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tokyo, Japan
Nihon Yakurigaku Zasshi 123:197-209. 2004..These integrative studies on the gating regulation of cardiac L-type Ca(2+) channels will provide the molecular basis for the pharmacology of Ca(2+) channel modulators...
- L-type Ca2+ channels serve as a sensor of the SR Ca2+ for tuning the efficacy of Ca2+-induced Ca2+ release in rat ventricular myocytesHajime Takamatsu
Laboratory of Cell Signaling, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
J Physiol 552:415-24. 2003....
- High-affinity binding of [3H]DTZ323 to the diltiazem-binding site of L-type Ca2+ channelsMasafumi Hagiwara
Laboratory of Cell Signaling, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Tokyo 113 0033, Bunkyo, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 466:63-71. 2003..These results indicate that [3H]DTZ323 is a potent and selective radioligand for the diltiazem-binding site of L-type Ca(2+) channels...
- Carbon monoxide protects cardiomyogenic cells against ischemic death through L-type Ca2+ channel inhibitionKoichi Uemura
Department of Forensic Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 334:661-8. 2005..A whole cell patch-clamp experiment supports that CO inhibits L-type Ca(2+) channel mediated influx of Ca(2+) and the ischemic death of H9c2 cells...
- Key roles of Phe1112 and Ser1115 in the pore-forming IIIS5-S6 linker of L-type Ca2+ channel alpha1C subunit (CaV 1.2) in binding of dihydropyridines and action of Ca2+ channel agonistsShinji Yamaguchi
Laboratory of Cell Signaling, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Mol Pharmacol 64:235-48. 2003..A model of the DHP receptor is proposed to visualize possible interactions of Phe1112, Ser1115, and other DHP-sensing residues with a typical DHP ligand nifedipine...
- Negative modulation of L-type Ca2+ channels via beta-adrenoceptor stimulation in guinea-pig detrusor smooth muscle cellsHiroyuki Kobayashi
Laboratory of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 470:9-15. 2003..These results indicate that, in detrusor smooth muscles, the stimulation of beta-adrenoceptors exerts negative modulation of L-type Ca(2+) channels via cAMP/protein kinase A-dependent mechanism...
- Design, synthesis, and BK channel-opening activity of hexahydrodibenzazepinone derivativesToshihiko Tashima
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Laboratory of Organic and Medicinal Chemistry, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem 14:8014-31. 2006..Finally, we concluded that the critical structure for BK channel-opening activity is the hexahydrodibenzazepinone monomer substituted with a phenyl-bearing alkynyl substituent on the lactam amide...
- Essential, completely conserved glycine residue in the domain III S2-S3 linker of voltage-gated calcium channel alpha1 subunits in yeast and mammalsKazuko Iida
Biomembrane Signaling Project 2, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science, 3 18 22 Honkomagome, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8613, Japan
J Biol Chem 282:25659-67. 2007..Because the Gly residue has never been studied in any VGCC, these findings provide new insights into the structure-function relationships of VGCCs...
- The renal-specific transporter mediates facilitative transport of organic anions at the brush border membrane of mouse renal tubulesTomoki Imaoka
Department of Molecular Pharmacokinetics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 0033, Japan
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:2012-22. 2004..In addition to the kidney, mouse RST was detected in the brain capillaries and the choroid plexus, and it may also play a role in efflux transport of organic anions across the barriers of the central nervous system...
- Solution structure of ADO1, a toxin extracted from the saliva of the assassin bug, Agriosphodrus dohrniCedric Bernard
Architecture et Fonction des Macromolecules Biologiques, UMR 6098, CNRS and Universités d Aix Marseille I and II, Marseille, France
Proteins 54:195-205. 2004....
- [Pharmacological basis of Ca2+ channels and Ca2+ channel antagonists]Satomi Adachi-Akahane
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, School of Medicine, Toho University
Clin Calcium 15:1589-97. 2005..The pharmacological and molecular basis for the unique action of Ca2+ channel blockers will be discussed...
- Coexpression of a Ca(v)1.2 protein lacking an N-terminus and the first domain specifically suppresses L-type calcium channel activityTatsuhiko Ebihara
Molecular Neurophysiology Group, Neuroscience Research Institute, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8566, Japan
FEBS Lett 529:203-7. 2002..These findings support that an N-terminus-truncated mutant could serve as a specific genetically encoded inhibitor for L-channels...
- DHP-insensitive L-type-like Ca channel of ascidian acquires sensitivity to DHP with single amino acid change in domain III P-regionHiroko Izumi-Nakaseko
Advanced Medical Science, The Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato 108 8639, Japan
FEBS Lett 549:67-71. 2003..These results reinforce the view that Ser(1016) in TuCa1/A1016S participates in DHP binding, but there exist other novel sites that fully acquire sensitivity to FPL-64176...
- Biochemical characterization of cysteine-rich peptides from Oxyopes sp. venom that block calcium ion channelsElba Villegas
Centro de Investigación en Biotecnología UAEM, Av Universidad 2001, Cuernavaca, Morelos 62210, Mexico
Toxicon 52:228-36. 2008..Because of their structural and biochemical characteristics OxyTx1 and OxyTx2 may represent a new family of insecticidal peptides...