Affiliation: Tottori University
- Pollen augments the influence of desert dust on symptoms of adult asthma patientsMasanari Watanabe
Department of Respirology and Rheumatology, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Tottori, Japan
Allergol Int 60:517-24. 2011..East Asian desert dust storms that occur during mainly spring are called Asian dust storms (ADS). Our objective was to study the association of pollen and ADS with symptoms of adult asthma patients in Japan...
- Lower-lobe shrinkage relative to total lung volume in collagen vascular diseasesM Watanabe
Department of Respirology and Rheumatology, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, 36 1 Nishimachi, Yonago, 683 8504, Japan
Radiol Med 116:211-8. 2011..In this study, chest computed tomography (CT) findings were compared between patients with CVD-IP and IIP...
- [Lung cancer metastasis to the gingiva]M Watanabe
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Tottori University School of Medicine, 36-1 Nishi-machi Yonago, Tottori, 683-8504, Japan
Nihon Kokyuki Gakkai Zasshi 39:50-4. 2001..The prognosis in all was very poor, and the QOL was compromised. However, several cases have improved with therapy to the gingiva. We believe that initial therapy should be directed at metastatic gingival tumors of the lung...
- p53 polymorphism in human papillomavirus-associated esophageal cancerH Kawaguchi
Department of Surgery II, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Cancer Res 60:2753-5. 2000..The particular type of p53 polymorphism may indicate a potential candidate for HPV-associated SCC...
- CYFRA 21-1 determination in patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma: clinical utility for detection of recurrencesH Kawaguchi
Department of Surgery II, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Cancer 89:1413-7. 2000..While there are reports that CYFRA 21-1 is a useful tumor marker, to our knowledge the clinical utility of this marker to detect recurrences for squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagus has not been addressed...
- Measuring subepithelial thickness using endobronchial ultrasonography in a patient with asthma: a case reportA Yamasaki
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, 36 1 Nishi machi, Yonago shi, Tottori ken 683 8504, Japan
Lung 181:115-20. 2003..Two weeks of montelukast therapy diminished the amount of subepithelial edema. Endobronchial ultrasonography is a promising technique for determining subepithelial edema in the asthmatic airway...
- [A case of stage IV advanced lung adenocarcinoma treated effectively using paclitaxel with the fibrosing radiographically on the chest CT]T Sako
Third Dept. of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 28:989-92. 2001..After the change of therapy, the reduction in the tumor has continued and the tumor progression is under control without a decline in the patient's QOL from the start of the chemotherapy over 6 months to the present...
- Prognostic factors in patients with submucosal carcinoma of the oesophagusM Watanabe
The Department of Surgery II, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, 812, Japan
Br J Cancer 83:609-13. 2000..Based on our findings, vessel invasion, intramural metastasis and lymph node metastasis are thus considered to be significant prognostic factors in patients with submucosal carcinoma of the oesophagus...
- An obstructed venous aneurysm presenting as an abdominal mass: report of a caseY Kishi
Department of Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Surg Today 31:336-9. 2001..This report serves to demonstrate that a venous aneurysm should be considered in the differential diagnosis of an asymptomatic abdominal mass...
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy using low-dose consecutive intraarterial infusions of cisplatin combined with 5-fluorouracil for locally advanced cervical adenocarcinomaY Aoki
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Niigata University, 1 757 Asahimachi dori, Niigata, 951 8510, Japan
Gynecol Oncol 81:496-9. 2001....