Affiliation: Toray Industries
- Preparation of a superantigen-adsorbing device and its superantigen removal efficacies in vitro and in vivoKeishi Miwa
Medical Devices Research Laboratory, Pioneering Research Laboratories, Toray Industries Inc, 2 1 Sonoyama 3 chome, Otsu, Shiga 529 0842, Japan
Int J Infect Dis 7:21-6. 2003..A new superantigen-adsorbing device (SAAD) was developed, and its characteristics and efficacy in septic animals were evaluated...
- Superantigen-induced multiple organ dysfunction in a toxin-concentration-controlled and sequential parameter-monitored swine sepsis modelKeishi Miwa
Specialty Material Research Laboratories, Toray Industries, Inc, 2 1 Sonoyama 3 chome, Otsu, Shiga 520 0842, Japan
Int J Infect Dis 10:14-24. 2006....
- Physiological response to superantigen-adsorbing hemoperfusion in toxin-concentration-controlled septic swineKeishi Miwa
New Frontiers Research Laboratories, Toray Industries, Inc, Kanagawa, Japan
Blood Purif 24:319-26. 2006..The effects of hemoadsorption with a superantigen-adsorbing device (SAAD) were evaluated in septic swine...
- A rapid enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay with two modes of detection for measuring cytokine concentrationKeishi Miwa
Toray Industries, Inc, New Frontiers Research Labs, Kamakura, Kanagawa, Japan
J Clin Lab Anal 23:40-4. 2009..1-5 ng/mL cytokine concentration range. These results demonstrate that the STICKELISA system is a simple, rapid, and quantitative method for bedside cytokine measurement in critical-care settings...
- A device for adsorbing unbound, unconjugated bilirubin and its effects in vitro and in a hyperbilirubinemic newborn pigletKeishi Miwa
New Frontiers Research Laboratories, Toray Industries Inc, Kanagawa, Japan
J Perinat Med 35:232-5. 2007..A novel blood purification material that we previously reported as a superantigen- and cytokine-adsorbing device (SCAD) was evaluated for its ability to adsorb unbound, unconjugated bilirubin (UUBil) in vitro and in vivo...
- Mixed bacterial infection model of sepsis in rabbits and its application to evaluate superantigen-adsorbing deviceMayumi Fukuyama
Specialty Material Research Laboratories, Toray Industries, Inc, Shiga, Japan
Blood Purif 23:119-27. 2005..Superantigens are suspected to be the potent and lethal pathogens of gram-positive sepsis, and a new therapy that targeted to superantigens are required...
- Time-saving multiplex detection of single nucleotide polymorphisms by ultrasensitive DNA microarrayMakiko Ichikawa
Toray Industries, Inc, New Frontiers Research Laboratories, 6 10 1, Tebiro, Kamakura, Kanagawa 248 0036, Japan
J Biochem 148:557-63. 2010..With the high sensitivity and rapid processing, our SNP detection system utilizing ultrasensitive microarray is a promising device applicable for diagnostic utility...
- Antibodies against superantigenic exotoxins produced by Staphylococcus aureus in sera from mothers and their infants' cord bloodNaoto Takahashi
Maternal and Perinatal Center, Tokyo Women s Medical University School of Medicine, Japan
Am J Perinatol 23:413-9. 2006..Neonates whose mothers have positive IgG titers against TSST-1 should be protected because the antibody is composed of the subclasses transferred well through the placenta...
- The role of immune response to Staphylococcus aureus superantigens and disease severity in relation to the sensitivity to tacrolimus in atopic dermatitisHisayo Fukushima
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Science, Tokyo, Japan
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 141:281-9. 2006..Therefore, we investigated the prevalence and role of SAgs in the pathophysiology and immunosuppressive drug sensitivity in AD patients...
- Continuous exposure of mice to superantigenic toxins induces a high-level protracted expansion and an immunological memory in the toxin-reactive CD4+ T cellsLuqiu Chen
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Ohtsu, Japan
J Immunol 168:3817-24. 2002..CD8(+) T cells are low responders to SAGTs...