Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Tokyo Women's Medical University
- JAK-STAT and JAK-PI3K-mTORC1 pathways regulate telomerase transcriptionally and posttranslationally in ATL cellsOsamu Yamada
Medical Research Institute and Department of Hematology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Mol Cancer Ther 11:1112-21. 2012..These signaling proteins represent novel and promising molecular therapeutic targets for IL-2-dependent ATL...
- Combined analysis of cell growth and apoptosis-regulating proteins in HPVs associated anogenital tumorsTsuyoshi Mitsuishi
Department of Dermatology, Nippon Medical School, 1 1 5 Sendagi, Bunkyou ku, Tokyo, 113 8603, Japan
BMC Cancer 10:118. 2010..Here we evaluated molecules that are relevant to cellular proliferation and regulation of apoptosis in HPV associated anogenital tumors...
- Activation of STAT5 confers imatinib resistance on leukemic cells through the transcription of TERT and MDR1Osamu Yamada
Department of Hematology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, 8 1 Kawada cho, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, Japan
Cell Signal 23:1119-27. 2011..Together, these findings indicate a novel mechanism that contributes toward multidrug resistance involving STAT5 as a sensor for cytotoxic drugs in CML patients...
- Akt and PKC are involved not only in upregulation of telomerase activity but also in cell differentiation-related function via mTORC2 in leukemia cellsOsamu Yamada
Department of Hematology, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Histochem Cell Biol 134:555-63. 2010....
- Leukemic cells with increased telomerase activity exhibit resistance to imatinibOsamu Yamada
Department of Hematology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Leuk Lymphoma 49:1168-77. 2008....
- Multistep regulation of telomerase during differentiation of HL60 cellsOsamu Yamada
Department of Hematology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Leukoc Biol 83:1240-8. 2008..These results indicate that telomerase activity is regulated by at least two mechanisms during granulocytic and monocytic differentiation, with one mechanism being transcriptional and the other being post-translational...
- Overexpression of telomerase confers a survival advantage through suppression of TRF1 gene expression while maintaining differentiation characteristics in K562 cellsOsamu Yamada
Medical Research Institute and Department of Hematology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Japan
Cell Transplant 12:365-77. 2003..These data suggest that ectopic expression of hTERT by normal hematopoietic stem cells may confer a survival advantage without changing their innate biological characteristics...
- Killer T-cell induction in patients with blastic natural killer cell lymphoma/leukaemia: implications for successful treatment and possible therapeutic strategiesO Yamada
Department of Haematology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Japan
Br J Haematol 113:153-60. 2001....
- Establishment of a stable HL60 subline having the potential for monocytic differentiation using granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor: possible use for the study of monocytic differentiation and oxidative stressM Ujihara
Institute of Clinical Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Japan
Atherosclerosis 139:301-6. 1998..HL60/DU-1 cell line is a promising model for the study of monocytic differentiation and the effects of oxygen radicals...
- Clinical and cytogenetic remission induced by interferon-alpha in a patient with chronic eosinophilic leukemia associated with a unique t(3;9;5) translocationO Yamada
Department of Hematology, Tokyo Women s Medical College, Japan
Am J Hematol 58:137-41. 1998....
- Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor ensures macrophage survival and generation of the superoxide anion: a study using a monocytic-differentiated HL60 sublineM Ujihara
Department of Medicine, Institute of Clinical Endocrinology, Tokyo, Japan
Free Radic Biol Med 31:1396-404. 2001..This unique function may play an important role in ensuring survival and promoting function in atherosclerotic lesions...
- Selective effect of cyclosporine monotherapy for pure red cell aplasia not associated with granular lymphocyte-proliferative disordersO Yamada
Department of Haematology, Tokyo Women s Medical College, Tokyo, Japan
Br J Haematol 106:371-6. 1999..An examination of the lymphocytes in patients with pure red cell aplasia could potentially be used to plan better therapeutic modalities and assess prognosis...
- Granzyme-B-containing lymphocyte involvement in epidermal injury in graft-versus-host diseaseY Higaki
Department of Dermatology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Dermatology 202:94-8. 2001..Skin lesions from graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) show histological features of epidermal cell death with lymphocyte infiltration. Perforin and granzyme B are involved in the process of apoptosis induced by cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTL)...
- Transient posttranslational up-regulation of telomerase activity during megakaryocytic differentiation of K562 cellsM Nakatake
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Ochanomizu University, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 314:1080-5. 2004..These results suggest that PKC acts as a transient post-translational activator of telomerase during megakaryocytic differentiation...
- Identification and cornification-related gene expression of canine keratinocyte differentiation-associated protein, KdapH Yagihara
Department of Veterinary Clinical Pathology, Nippon Veterinary and Animal Science University, 1 7 1 Kyonan cho, Musashino shi, Tokyo 180 8602, Japan
Vet J 172:141-6. 2006....
- Cell cycle analysis and expression of cell cycle regulator genes in myeloma cells overexpressing cyclin D1K Yata
Division of Haematology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kawasaki Medical School, Kurashiki, Okayama, Japan
Br J Haematol 114:591-9. 2001....
- A three-dimensional cell culture model for bovine endometrium: regeneration of a multicellular spheroid using ascorbateN Yamauchi
Laboratory of Reproductive Biology and Technology, Department of Developmental Biology, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Ikenodai 2, Kukizaki, Inashiki Gun, Ibaraki 305 8602, Japan
Placenta 24:258-69. 2003..The spheroid displays an endometrium-mimic feature. Thus, we conclude that spheroids formed by BES and BEE are a useful in vitro model of bovine endometrium...