Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Tokyo Metropolitan University
- Complex regulation of ABA biosynthesis in plantsMitsunori Seo
Dept of Biological Sciences, Tokyo Metropolitan University, Hachioji shi, 192 0397, Tokyo, Japan
Trends Plant Sci 7:41-8. 2002..There have been recent advances in the study of ABA biosynthesis and new insights into the regulation of ABA biosynthesis in relation to physiological phenomena...
- Drought induction of Arabidopsis 9-cis-epoxycarotenoid dioxygenase occurs in vascular parenchyma cellsAkira Endo
Department of Biological Sciences, Tokyo Metropolitan University, Hachiouji, Tokyo 192 0397, Japan
Plant Physiol 147:1984-93. 2008..The spatial constraint of AtNCED3 expression in vascular tissues provides a novel insight into plant systemic response to drought stresses...
- Activation of abscisic acid biosynthesis in the leaves of Arabidopsis thaliana in response to water deficitKeiichi Ikegami
Department of Biological Sciences, Tokyo Metropolitan University, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0397, Japan
J Plant Res 122:235-43. 2009....
- Tissue-specific localization of an abscisic acid biosynthetic enzyme, AAO3, in ArabidopsisHanae Koiwai
Department of Biological Sciences, Tokyo Metropolitan University, Hachioji-shi, Tokyo 192-0397, Japan
Plant Physiol 134:1697-707. 2004..These results indicate that the ABA synthesized in vascular systems is transported to various target tissues and cells, and also that the guard cells themselves are able to synthesize ABA...
- A unique short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase in Arabidopsis glucose signaling and abscisic acid biosynthesis and functionsWan Hsing Cheng
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, and Department of Molecular Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Plant Cell 14:2723-43. 2002..The surprisingly restricted spatial and temporal expression of SDR1 suggests the dynamic mobilization of ABA precursors and/or ABA...
- Comparative studies on the Arabidopsis aldehyde oxidase (AAO) gene family revealed a major role of AAO3 in ABA biosynthesis in seedsMitsunori Seo
Plant Science Center, RIKEN Institute of Physical and Chemical Research, Suehiro cho 1 7 22, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa, 230 0045 Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 45:1694-703. 2004..We have concluded that AAO3 is the AAO that plays a major role in ABA biosynthesis in Arabidopsis seeds as well as in leaves...
- Functional analysis of Arabidopsis NCED6 and NCED9 genes indicates that ABA synthesized in the endosperm is involved in the induction of seed dormancyValerie Lefebvre
Laboratoire de Biologie des Semences, UMR 204 INRA INAPG, Institut Jean Pierre Bourgin, 78026 Versailles Cedex, France
Plant J 45:309-19. 2006..These demonstrate that ABA synthesized in both the endosperm and the embryo participates in the hormonal balance that controls seed dormancy and germination...
- Regulation of hormone metabolism in Arabidopsis seeds: phytochrome regulation of abscisic acid metabolism and abscisic acid regulation of gibberellin metabolismMitsunori Seo
Growth Regulation Research Group, RIKEN Plant Science Center, Suehiro cho 1 7 22, Tsurumi, Yokohama, Kanagawa 230 0045, Japan
Plant J 48:354-66. 2006....