Affiliation: Tokyo Women's Medical University
- Lifting of lesions during endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR) of early colorectal cancer: implications for the assessment of resectabilityH Kato
Dept of Surgery, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Daini Hospital, Japan
Endoscopy 33:568-73. 2001..This study assessed the indications for and limitations of endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR) for early colorectal cancer, focusing on the way in which the lesion lifts after submucosal injection...
- Comparison between SIDS-related court cases in the United States and Japan--a trend seen in legal precedents in the United StatesT Sawaguchi
Department of Legal Medicine, Tokyo Women s Medical University School of Medicine, 8 1 Kawada cho, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8666, Japan
Forensic Sci Int 130:S88-90. 2002..As the public becomes more aware of SIDS through campaigns and other means, the pattern seen in the legal disputes refer to SIDS lawsuits in Japan may change into that seen in the United States...
- Analysis of SIDS-related civil and criminal court cases in JapanT Sawaguchi
Department of Legal Medicine, Tokyo Women s Medical University School of Medicine, 8 1 Kawada cho Shinjuku, Tokyo 162 8666, Japan
Forensic Sci Int 130:S81-7. 2002..Several conferences should be convened as soon as possible to provide an opportunity to resolve the main points of difference between these three professional groups and, thus, attain a unified view...
- A large inflammatory fibroid polyp of the colon treated by endoclip-assisted endoscopic polypectomy: A case reportT Sakamoto
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Tokyo Women s Medical University Daini Hospital, 2 1 10 Nishi ogu, Tokyo 116 8567, Japan
Dig Liver Dis 37:968-72. 2005....
- [Pneumothorax in elderly patients]T Ohira
First Department of Surgery, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Kyobu Geka 58:706-8. 2005..As the next step, we try to perform video assisted thoracic surgery (VATS) or operation without video. To stop smoking is important before and after operation. We reviewed about pneumothorax in old patients...
- RASSF1A gene promoter methylation in esophageal cancer specimensS Yamaguchi
Department of General Surgical Science, Gunma University Graduate School, Graduate School of Medicine, Maebashi, Gunma, Japan
Dis Esophagus 18:253-6. 2005..There was no correlation with its prognosis. In conclusion, it was suggested that an inactivation of the RASSF1A gene due to promoter methylation was associated with de-differentiation of the tumor in ESCC...
- Predominant presence of Streptococcus anginosus in the saliva of alcoholicsE Morita
Department of Oral Health, National Institute of Public Health, Wako-shi, Japan
Oral Microbiol Immunol 20:362-5. 2005..In alcoholics, however, there was an extremely high level of S. anginosus, suggesting that they, rather than healthy people and general esophageal cancer patients, have a high risk for S. anginosus infection...
- Basic and clinical research on photodynamic therapy at Tokyo Medical University HospitalH Kato
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Tokyo Medical University Hospital, Tokyo 160-0023, Japan
Lasers Surg Med 38:371-5. 2006..Moreover, we introduce basic research on cancers and infectious diseases in order to expand the clinical applications of PDT...
- Identification and phylogenetic analysis of hepatitis C virus in forensic blood samples obtained from injecting drug usersH Kato
Department of Forensic Medical Science, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kawasumi 1, Mizuho cho, Mizuho ku, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
Forensic Sci Int 168:27-33. 2007..HCV isolates identified in this study did not phylogenetically segregate, thus multiple transmission route of HCV among IDUs seems be exist in Japan...
- Two distinct subtypes of the HLA-DRw12 haplotypes in the Japanese population detected by nucleotide sequence analysis and oligonucleotide genotypingA Abe
Department of Transplantation Immunology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Japan
Immunogenetics 30:422-6. 1989..Results of this study demonstrated that the DRw12 haplotypes in the Japanese population are genetically diverse, as many other DR haplotypes are...
- First isolation of Clostridium difficile 027 in JapanH Kato
Department of Bacterial Pathogenesis and Infection Control, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Tokyo, Japan
Euro Surveill 12:E070111.3. 2007
- Changes in survival during the past two decades for breast cancer at the Kyoto University HospitalM Ueno
Outpatient Oncology Unit, Kyoto University Hospital, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Eur J Surg Oncol 33:696-9. 2007..To report the changes in survival over 20 years of 775 breast cancer women operated between 1982 and 2003 at the Kyoto University Hospital in Japan, reflecting changes in clinical practice over that period...
- Intraductal tubular adenoma, pyloric gland-type, of the pancreasH Fukatsu
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama, Japan
Endoscopy 39:E88-9. 2007
- High-grade broad ligament cancer of müllerian origin: immunohistochemical analysis of a case and review of the literatureY Handa
Department of Gynecology, Hokkaido Cancer Center, Sapporo, Japan
Int J Gynecol Cancer 17:705-9. 2007..This feature, together with the positive expression of ER in this case, may raise the possible hormonal influence on the etiology of broad ligament cancer of müllerian origin...
- Breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP) affected acquired resistance to gefitinib in a "never-smoked" female patient with advanced non-small cell lung cancerJ Usuda
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Tokyo Medical University Hospital, Tokyo 160 0023, Japan
Lung Cancer 58:296-9. 2007..We describe, for the first time, a case in which expression of BCRP was associated with acquired resistance to gefitinib, independent of EGFR mutations...
- Molecular analysis of Clostridium difficile at a university teaching hospital in Japan: a shift in the predominant type over a five-year periodE Sawabe
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Tokyo Medical and Dental University Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 8519, Japan
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 26:695-703. 2007..Our findings emphasize the importance of monitoring specific strains to control and prevent nosocomial infection...
- Cutaneous Malassezia flora in atopic dermatitis differs between adults and childrenY Takahata
Department of Dermatology, Yamaguchi University Graduate School of Medicine, Ube, Yamaguchi, Japan
Br J Dermatol 157:1178-82. 2007..However, a comparative analysis of Malassezia flora between adults and children with AD has not been performed...
- Evaluation of chest wall invasion by lung cancer using respiratory dynamic MRIS Akata
Department of Radiology, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol 52:36-9. 2008....
- Clinical course of fetal congenital atrioventricular block in the Japanese population: a multicentre experienceY Maeno
Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume, Japan
Heart 91:1075-9. 2005..Patients with CAVB should be subjected to close long term follow up to check for the need for pacemaker implantation or for late onset cardiac dysfunction...
- [True pulmonary carcinosarcoma suspected as a metastatic lung tumor]H Hiyoshi
Department of Surgery, Tsuboi Hospital, Koriyama, Japan
Kyobu Geka 57:360-3. 2004..True pulmonary carcinosarcoma is one of the very rarest neoplasms of the lung...
- Carbonic anhydrase II deficiency in a Japanese patient produced by a nonsense mutation (TAT-->TAG) at Tyr-40 in exon 2, (Y40X)H Soda
Department of Pediatrics and Child Health, Kurume University School of Medicine, Japan
Hum Mutat 5:348-50. 1995
- A point mutation in exon 3 (His 107-->Tyr) in two unrelated Japanese patients with carbonic anhydrase II deficiency with central nervous system involvementH Soda
Department of Pediatrics and Child Health, Kurume University School of Medicine, Japan
Hum Genet 97:435-7. 1996..Our patients exhibit severe mental retardation, not seen in the Belgian and American patients...
- P1148A in fibrillin-1 is not a mutation leading to Shprintzen-Goldberg syndromeY Watanabe
Hum Mutat 10:326-7. 1997
- Venous hemangioma of the mediastinumK Abe
Department of Radiology, Tokyo Medical University, Japan
Eur Radiol 11:73-5. 2001..We believe that it is necessary to include a mediastinal hemangioma for differential diagnosis, when little or no enhancement effects are noted at early and delayed CT examination...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms in the coding regions of human CXC-chemokine receptors CXCR1, CXCR2 and CXCR3H Kato
Department of Human Genetics, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Genes Immun 1:330-7. 2000..However, CXCR variations identified in this study will provide valuable information for the future studies in medical sciences as well as in human genetics...
- Epidemiology of Helicobacter pylori infection in children: a serologic study of the Kyushu region in JapanY Yamashita
Department of Pediatrics and Child Health, Kurume University School of Medicine, Fukuoka, Japan
Pediatr Int 43:4-7. 2001..005). CONCLUSIONS: The intermediate prevalence of H. pylori seropositivity in healthy children between that measured in developed and developing countries is consistent with the socioeconomic 'westernization' of Japan...
- Screening for deletions in interval D16-22 of the Y chromosome in azoospermic and oligozoospermic Japanese menH Kato
Advanced Fertility Center, Huchu Hospital, Osaka, Japan
J Hum Genet 46:110-4. 2001..There were no correlations between the severity of spermatogenic defects and the extent of the microdeletions. These results suggested that genes in the interval D16-22 of the Y chromosome might have important roles in spermatogenesis...
- Comparison of surgical management of thoracic esophageal carcinoma between two referral centers in Japan and ChinaW Fang
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Shanghai Chest Hospital, China
Jpn J Clin Oncol 31:203-8. 2001....
- Three-field lymph node dissection for esophageal cancer in elderly patients over 70 years of ageW Fang
Department of Surgery, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 72:867-71. 2001..For elderly patients with multiorgan dysfunction, however, less invasive procedures might be more appropriate...
- Determination of hepatitis B virus genotype G by polymerase chain reaction with hemi-nested primersH Kato
Second Department of Medicine, Nagoya City University Medical School, Nagoya 467-8601, Japan
J Virol Methods 98:153-9. 2001..A possible method for serological determination of hepatitis B surface antigen of genotype G is suggested, without amplification or sequencing nucleotides, which would expand epidemiological and clinical researches on HBV genotype G...
- Multiplanar reconstruction MR image of primary adenoid cystic carcinoma of the central airway: (MPR of central airway adenoid cystic carcinoma)S Akata
Department of Radiology, Tokyo Medical University, 6-7-1 Nishi-shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, 160-0023, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Imaging 25:332-6. 2001..MPR MR may help in planning therapeutic strategy and in posttherapeutic follow-up...
- Atypically enhancing hepatic cavernous hemangiomas: high-spatial-resolution gadolinium-enhanced triphasic dynamic gradient-recalled-echo imaging findingsH Kato
Department of Radiology, Gifu University School of Medicine, 40 Tsukasamachi, Gifu 500-8705, Japan
Eur Radiol 11:2510-5. 2001....
- Analyses of serum lipoprotein(a) and the relation to phenotypes and genotypes of apolipoprotein(a) in type 2 diabetic patients with retinopathyM Suehiro
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Fukuoka University School of Medicine
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 110:319-24. 2002..In conclusion, other factors than phenotypes and genotypes in the 5'-untranslated region of apo(a) may be responsible for the elevation of serum Lp(a) in diabetic patients with retinopathy...
- High frequency of antibiotic-associated diarrhea due to toxin A-negative, toxin B-positive Clostridium difficile in a hospital in Japan and risk factors for infectionM Komatsu
Division of Clinical Microbiology, Department of Clinical Pathology, Tenri Hospital, 200 Mishima, Tenri, Nara 632 8552, Japan
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 22:525-9. 2003..These results indicate that A-/B+ strains of Clostridium difficile can cause intestinal infection in humans and they spread nosocomially in the same manner as A+/B+ strains...
- The impact of additional prognostic factors on survival and their relationship with the anatomical extent of disease expressed by the 6th Edition of the TNM Classification of Malignant Tumors and the proposals for the 7th EditionJean Paul Sculier
Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles ULB, Brussels, Belgium
J Thorac Oncol 3:457-66. 2008..To identify, in the international staging database of the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer, those prognostic factors that were significant and independent of clinical stage...