Affiliation: Tokyo Metropolitan Komagome Hospital
- Kamisawa T, Kuruma S, Tabata T, Chiba K, Iwasaki S, Koizumi S, et al. Pancreaticobiliary maljunction and biliary cancer. J Gastroenterol. 2015;50:273-9 pubmed publisher..To detect PBM without biliary dilatation early, MRCP is recommended for patients showing gallbladder wall thickening on screening US under suspicion of PBM. ..
- Kanemasa Y, Kamisawa T, Tabata T, Kuruma S, Iwasaki S, Chiba K, et al. Mixed acinar-endocrine carcinoma of the pancreas treated with S-1. Clin J Gastroenterol. 2013;6:459-64 pubmed publisher..This pathological change and clinical course may imply that S-1 was effective against the acinar component but less effective against the neuroendocrine component caused by tumor differentiation. ..
- Kuruma S, Kamisawa T, Tu Y, Egawa N, Tsuruta K, Tonooka A, et al. Hemosuccus pancreaticus due to intraductal papillary-mucinous carcinoma of the pancreas. Clin J Gastroenterol. 2009;2:27-29 pubmed publisher..In particular, this may be the first report of hemosuccus pancreaticus induced by intraductal papillary-mucinous carcinoma of the pancreas without mucin hypersecretion. ..
- Mori E, Kamisawa T, Tabata T, Shibata S, Chiba K, Kuruma S, et al. A case of IgG4-related mesenteritis. Clin J Gastroenterol. 2015;8:400-5 pubmed publisher..Although IgG4-related retroperitoneal fibrosis could not be confirmed histologically, the tumor responded well to steroid therapy. ..
- Kamisawa T, Egawa N, Nakajima H, Okamoto A. Clinical and radiological findings in dominance of Santorini's duct. Digestion. 2004;70:146-51 pubmed..Although Santorini's duct functions well in most cases in which it is dominant, pancreatitis or pancreatic-type pain occurs in half of such cases due to relative impairment of function of the minor duodenal papilla. ..
- Hanaoka M, Kammisawa T, Koizumi S, Kuruma S, Chiba K, Kikuyama M, et al. Clinical features of IgG4-related rhinosinusitis. Adv Med Sci. 2017;62:393-397 pubmed publisher..IgG4-related rhinosinusitis is a distinct entity of IgG4-related disease, and is associated in patients with multiple IgG4-related diseases. ..
- Kamisawa T, Kuruma S, Chiba K, Tabata T, Koizumi S, Kikuyama M. Biliary carcinogenesis in pancreaticobiliary maljunction. J Gastroenterol. 2017;52:158-163 pubmed publisher..Patients with a relatively long common channel have a similar, albeit slightly lower, risk for gallbladder cancer compared with PBM patients. ..
- Kamisawa T, Suyama M, Fujita N, Maguchi H, Hanada K, Ikeda S, et al. Pancreatobiliary reflux and the length of a common channel. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci. 2010;17:865-70 pubmed publisher..Patients with a common channel > or = 5 mm (redefined HCPBD) should be monitored for the development of gallbladder cancer, as they frequently showed significant pancreatobiliary reflux. ..
- Kikuyama M, Kamisawa T, Kuruma S, Chiba K, Koizumi S, Tabata T, et al. A case of pancreaticobiliary maljunction with a connecting duct without a long common channel. Clin J Gastroenterol. 2017;10:196-199 pubmed publisher..The bile amylase level was markedly elevated. This case of a rare configuration of PBM with a connecting duct without a long common channel is the first such reported case in the English literature. ..
- Kamisawa T, Yoshiike M, Egawa N, Nakajima H, Tsuruta K, Okamoto A. Treating patients with autoimmune pancreatitis: results from a long-term follow-up study. Pancreatology. 2005;5:234-8; discussion 238-40 pubmed..Indications of steroid therapy for AIP are thought to be obstructive jaundice due to stenosis of the bile duct, other associated systemic autoimmune, and DM coincidental with AIP. ..
- Kamisawa T, Tu Y, Nakajima H, Egawa N, Tsuruta K, Okamoto A, et al. Sclerosing cholecystitis associated with autoimmune pancreatitis. World J Gastroenterol. 2006;12:3736-9 pubmed..We propose the use of a new term, sclerosing cholecystitis, for these cases that are induced by the same mechanism as sclerosing pancreatitis or sclerosing cholangitis in AIP. ..
- Fukai M, Kamisawa T, Horiguchi S, Hishima T, Kuruma S, Chiba K, et al. A case of annular pancreas with Wirsung's duct encircling the duodenum: embryological hypothesis based on cholangiopancreatographic and immunohistochemical findings. Clin J Gastroenterol. 2017;10:283-288 pubmed publisher..The tip of the ventral anlage overgrew and adhered to the dorsal anlage, and the annular duct fused with the main duct of the dorsal anlage. ..
- Kamisawa T, Okazaki K, Kawa S, Ito T, Inui K, Irie H, et al. Amendment of the Japanese Consensus Guidelines for Autoimmune Pancreatitis, 2013 III. Treatment and prognosis of autoimmune pancreatitis. J Gastroenterol. 2014;49:961-70 pubmed publisher..The long-term outcome is less clear, as there are many unknown factors, such as relapse, pancreatic exocrine or endocrine dysfunction, and associated malignancy. ..
- Kamisawa T, Imai M, Egawa N, Tsuruta K, Okamoto A. Serum IgG4 levels and extrapancreatic lesions in autoimmune pancreatitis. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2008;20:1167-70 pubmed publisher..The number of associated extrapancreatic lesions was significantly greater in patients with a high-serum IgG4 level. AIP patients with serum IgG4 levels of more than or equal to 220 mg/dl frequently have extrapancreatic lesions. ..
- Kamisawa T, Okamoto A. Biliopancreatic and pancreatobiliary refluxes in cases with and without pancreaticobiliary maljunction: diagnosis and clinical implications. Digestion. 2006;73:228-36 pubmed
- Kamisawa T, Takuma K, Egawa N, Tsuruta K, Sasaki T. Autoimmune pancreatitis and IgG4-related sclerosing disease. Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010;7:401-9 pubmed publisher..Clinicians should consider IgG4-related sclerosing disease in the differential diagnosis to avoid unnecessary surgery. ..
- Kamisawa T, Kaneko K, Itoi T, Ando H. Pancreaticobiliary maljunction and congenital biliary dilatation. Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2017;2:610-618 pubmed publisher..However, complete excision of the intrapancreatic bile duct and removal of stenoses of the hepatic ducts are necessary to prevent serious complications after surgery. ..
- Kamisawa T, Takuma K, Anjiki H, Egawa N, Kurata M, Honda G, et al. Pancreaticobiliary maljunction. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009;7:S84-8 pubmed publisher..Pancreatobiliary reflux and premalignant changes in the gallbladder can occur in patients with a relatively long common channel (high confluence of pancreaticobiliary ducts)...
- Kamisawa T, Tsuruta K, Okamoto A, Horiguchi S, Hayashi Y, Yun X, et al. Frequent and significant K-ras mutation in the pancreas, the bile duct, and the gallbladder in autoimmune pancreatitis. Pancreas. 2009;38:890-5 pubmed publisher..Significant K-ras mutation occurs most frequently in the pancreatobiliary regions of patients with AIP. Autoimmune pancreatitis may be a risk factor of pancreatobiliary cancer. ..
- Kamisawa T, Nakajima H, Egawa N, Funata N, Tsuruta K, Okamoto A. IgG4-related sclerosing disease incorporating sclerosing pancreatitis, cholangitis, sialadenitis and retroperitoneal fibrosis with lymphadenopathy. Pancreatology. 2006;6:132-7 pubmed..Autoimmune pancreatitis is usually associated with elevated serum IgG4 concentrations, and sometimes with sclerosing cholangitis and Sjögren's syndrome. This study aimed to elucidate the proposed entity of IgG4-related sclerosing disease...
- Kamisawa T, Egawa N, Nakajima H, Tsuruta K, Okamoto A. Extrapancreatic lesions in autoimmune pancreatitis. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2005;39:904-7 pubmed..To examine extrapancreatic lesions associated with autoimmune pancreatitis...
- Kamisawa T, Takuma K, Tabata T, Egawa N, Yamaguchi T. Long-term follow-up of chronic pancreatitis patients with K-ras mutation in the pancreatic juice. Hepatogastroenterology. 2011;58:174-6 pubmed..This study aimed to identify a high risk group for developing pancreatic cancer associated with chronic pancreatitis, particularly the presence of K-ras mutations in the pancreatic juice...
- Kamisawa T, Horiguchi S, Hayashi Y, Yun X, Yamaguchi T, Tsuruta K, et al. K-ras mutation in the major duodenal papilla and gastric and colonic mucosa in patients with autoimmune pancreatitis. J Gastroenterol. 2010;45:771-8 pubmed publisher..AIP patients may have risk factors for gastric and colonic cancer, but the mechanisms of K-ras mutation and its clinical implications are not clear. ..
- Kamisawa T, Takuma K, Anjiki H, Egawa N, Kurata M, Honda G, et al. Sclerosing cholangitis associated with autoimmune pancreatitis differs from primary sclerosing cholangitis. World J Gastroenterol. 2009;15:2357-60 pubmed..To clarify the characteristic features of biliary lesions in patients with autoimmune pancreatitis (AIP) and compare them with those of primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC)...
- Kamisawa T, Kurata M, Honda G, Tsuruta K, Okamoto A. Biliopancreatic reflux-pathophysiology and clinical implications. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg. 2009;16:19-24 pubmed publisher..Obstruction of a long common channel easily causes bile flow into the pancreas. Even if no obstruction is present, biliopancreatic reflux can still result in acute pancreatitis in some cases...
- Notohara K, Kamisawa T, Uchida K, Zen Y, Kawano M, Kasashima S, et al. Gastrointestinal manifestation of immunoglobulin G4-related disease: clarification through a multicenter survey. J Gastroenterol. 2018;53:845-853 pubmed publisher..Characteristic histologic findings are observed in the muscularis propria and gastric mucosa. Cases with IPT may be heterogeneous, and there may be mimickers of IgG4-GID. ..
- Kamisawa T, Tu Y, Egawa N, Tsuruta K, Okamoto A. Pancreatographic investigation of the pancreatic duct system. Surg Radiol Anat. 2007;29:405-8 pubmed..Aim of this study was to clarify the anatomy of the pancreatic duct system of the head of the pancreas and investigate the embryology of the normal pancreatic duct system...
- Kamisawa T, Chen P, Tu Y, Nakajima H, Egawa N. Autoimmune pancreatitis metachronously associated with retroperitoneal fibrosis with IgG4-positive plasma cell infiltration. World J Gastroenterol. 2006;12:2955-7 pubmed..Some cases of retroperitoneal fibrosis might be a retroperitoneal lesion of IgG4-related sclerosing disease...