Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology
- Ishigami A, Ohsawa T, Hiratsuka M, Taguchi H, Kobayashi S, Saito Y, et al. Abnormal accumulation of citrullinated proteins catalyzed by peptidylarginine deiminase in hippocampal extracts from patients with Alzheimer's disease. J Neurosci Res. 2005;80:120-8 pubmed
- Takahashi K, Kishimoto Y, Konishi T, Fujita Y, Ito M, Shimokado K, et al. Ascorbic acid deficiency affects genes for oxidation-reduction and lipid metabolism in livers from SMP30/GNL knockout mice. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1840:2289-98 pubmed publisher..Results from using this unique model of AA deficiency, the SMP30/GNL-KO mouse, now provide new information about formerly unknown AA functions that will implement further study of AA in vivo. ..
- Sase T, Arito M, Onodera H, Omoteyama K, Kurokawa M, Kagami Y, et al. Hypoxia-induced production of peptidylarginine deiminases and citrullinated proteins in malignant glioma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;482:50-56 pubmed publisher..Our data may contribute to understanding of pathophysiology of malignant gliomas from the aspects of protein citrullination. ..
- Ishigami A, Ohsawa T, Asaga H, Akiyama K, Kuramoto M, Maruyama N. Human peptidylarginine deiminase type II: molecular cloning, gene organization, and expression in human skin. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2002;407:25-31 pubmed..In an immunohistochemical study of human skin, the type II enzyme was expressed by all the living epidermal layers, suggesting that PAD type II is functionally important during terminal differentiation of epidermal keratinocytes. ..
- Ishigami A, Fujita T, Inoue H, Handa S, Kubo S, Kondo Y, et al. Senescence marker protein-30 (SMP30) induces formation of microvilli and bile canaliculi in Hep G2 cells. Cell Tissue Res. 2005;320:243-9 pubmed
- Jang B, Ishigami A, Kim Y, Choi E. The Peptidylarginine Deiminase Inhibitor Cl-Amidine Suppresses Inducible Nitric Oxide Synthase Expression in Dendritic Cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that Cl-amidine acts as a novel suppressor of iNOS expression, suggesting that Cl-amidine has the potential to ameliorate the effects of excessive iNOS/NO-linked immune responses. ..