Affiliation: Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology
- Zhao B, Katagiri T, Kondo H, Hirono I. Comparative analysis of two types of CXCL8 from Japanese flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). Dev Comp Immunol. 2015;52:37-47 pubmed publisher..The transcripts of IgM only significantly increased on day 7 post-injection of pCI-CXCL8_L1b. ..
- Koiwai K, Kondo H, Hirono I. RNA-seq identifies integrin alpha of kuruma shrimp Marsupenaeus japonicus as a candidate molecular marker for phagocytic hemocytes. Dev Comp Immunol. 2018;81:271-278 pubmed publisher..This study presents Mj-Intgα as a candidate molecular marker for future functional characterization of hemocytes. ..
- Matsumoto T, Feroudj H, Kikuchi R, Kawana Y, Kondo H, Hirono I, et al. DNA Microarray Analysis on the Genes Differentially Expressed in the Liver of the Pufferfish, Takifugu rubripes, Following an Intramuscular Administration of Tetrodotoxin. Microarrays (Basel). 2014;3:226-44 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results demonstrate that the intramuscular administration of TTX changes the expression of hepatic genes involved in various signaling pathways. ..
- Koiwai K, Alenton R, Kondo H, Hirono I. Extracellular trap formation in kuruma shrimp (Marsupenaeus japonicus) hemocytes is coupled with c-type lysozyme. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;52:206-9 pubmed publisher..Fluorescence imaging revealed that c-type lysozyme proteins were released around the ET complex after E. coli stimulation, suggesting the presence of a coupled antimicrobial immune response involving ET formation and AMP release. ..
- Elbahnaswy S, Koiwai K, Zaki V, Shaheen A, Kondo H, Hirono I. A novel viral responsive protein (MjVRP) from Marsupenaeus japonicus haemocytes is involved in white spot syndrome virus infection. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;70:638-647 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that MjVRP+ haemocytes have a supporting role in the pathogenesis of WSSV. ..
- Kondo H, Van P, Dang L, Hirono I. Draft Genome Sequence of Non-Vibrio parahaemolyticus Acute Hepatopancreatic Necrosis Disease Strain KC13.17.5, Isolated from Diseased Shrimp in Vietnam. Genome Announc. 2015;3: pubmed publisher..Normally, AHPND is caused by VibrioÂ parahaemolyticus, but the genomic sequence of the strain indicated that it belonged to VibrioÂ harveyi. The sequence data included plasmid-like sequences and putative virulence genes. ..