Affiliation: Tokyo Metropolitan Institute for Neuroscience
- Pathogeneses of respiratory infections with virulent and attenuated vaccinia virusesDaisuke Hayasaka
Center for Infectious Disease and Vaccine Research, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Virol J 4:22. 2007..In this study, we analyzed virus replication and host immune responses after intranasal infection with lethal and non-lethal doses of VV using the WR strain and the less virulent Wyeth strain...
- Increased permeability of human endothelial cell line EA.hy926 induced by hantavirus-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytesDaisuke Hayasaka
Center for Infectious Disease and Vaccine Research, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Virus Res 123:120-7. 2007..These results suggest that cytotoxic T lymphocyte activity contribute to capillary leakage observed in patients with hantavirus pulmonary syndrome or hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome...
- Recombinant adenovirus vector vaccine induces stronger cytotoxic T-cell responses than recombinant vaccinia virus vector, plasmid DNA, or a combination of theseKen Maeda
Center for Infectious Disease and Vaccine Research, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
Viral Immunol 18:657-67. 2005....
- A BHK-21 cell culture-adapted tick-borne encephalitis virus mutant is attenuated for neuroinvasivenessAkiko Goto
Laboratory of Public Health, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Kita 18 Nishi 9, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 0818, Japan
Vaccine 21:4043-51. 2003..The attenuation process involved a single amino acid change in the E protein, which may have resulted in the rapid clearance of the virus due to its high affinity for negatively charged molecules in vivo...
- Amino acid changes responsible for attenuation of virus neurovirulence in an infectious cDNA clone of the Oshima strain of tick-borne encephalitis virusDaisuke Hayasaka
Department of Environmental Veterinary Science, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
J Gen Virol 85:1007-18. 2004..Comparative neurovirulence tests revealed how the accumulation of individual mutations (E-S(40)-->P, NS5-V(378)-->A and NS5-R(674)-->K) can result in the attenuation of a virus...
- [Phylogenetic analysis and pathogenicity of tick-borne encephalitis virus from Japan and far-east Russia]Ikuo Takashima
Laboratory of Public Health, Department of Environmental Veterinary Sciences, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Uirusu 55:35-44. 2005..One amino acid change in envelope protein and 2 amino acid changes in Ns5 protein showed a synergistic effect on reduced neurovirulence in mice...
- Immunopathogenesis of hantavirus pulmonary syndrome and hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome: Do CD8+ T cells trigger capillary leakage in viral hemorrhagic fevers?Masanori Terajima
Immunol Lett 113:117-20. 2007..CD8+ T cells may be a potential target for therapy of some viral hemorrhagic fevers...