Affiliation: Tokyo Metropolitan Institute for Neuroscience
- Pathogeneses of respiratory infections with virulent and attenuated vaccinia virusesDaisuke Hayasaka
Center for Infectious Disease and Vaccine Research, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Virol J 4:22. 2007..In this study, we analyzed virus replication and host immune responses after intranasal infection with lethal and non-lethal doses of VV using the WR strain and the less virulent Wyeth strain...
- Increased permeability of human endothelial cell line EA.hy926 induced by hantavirus-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytesDaisuke Hayasaka
Center for Infectious Disease and Vaccine Research, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Virus Res 123:120-7. 2007..These results suggest that cytotoxic T lymphocyte activity contribute to capillary leakage observed in patients with hantavirus pulmonary syndrome or hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome...
- Recombinant adenovirus vector vaccine induces stronger cytotoxic T-cell responses than recombinant vaccinia virus vector, plasmid DNA, or a combination of theseKen Maeda
Center for Infectious Disease and Vaccine Research, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
Viral Immunol 18:657-67. 2005....
- A BHK-21 cell culture-adapted tick-borne encephalitis virus mutant is attenuated for neuroinvasivenessAkiko Goto
Laboratory of Public Health, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Kita-18 Nishi-9, Kita-ku, Sapporo 060-0818, Japan
Vaccine 21:4043-51. 2003..The attenuation process involved a single amino acid change in the E protein, which may have resulted in the rapid clearance of the virus due to its high affinity for negatively charged molecules in vivo...
- Amino acid changes responsible for attenuation of virus neurovirulence in an infectious cDNA clone of the Oshima strain of tick-borne encephalitis virusDaisuke Hayasaka
Department of Environmental Veterinary Science, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
J Gen Virol 85:1007-18. 2004..Comparative neurovirulence tests revealed how the accumulation of individual mutations (E-S(40)-->P, NS5-V(378)-->A and NS5-R(674)-->K) can result in the attenuation of a virus...
- [Phylogenetic analysis and pathogenicity of tick-borne encephalitis virus from Japan and far-east Russia]Ikuo Takashima
Laboratory of Public Health, Department of Environmental Veterinary Sciences, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Uirusu 55:35-44. 2005..One amino acid change in envelope protein and 2 amino acid changes in Ns5 protein showed a synergistic effect on reduced neurovirulence in mice...
- Immunopathogenesis of hantavirus pulmonary syndrome and hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome: Do CD8+ T cells trigger capillary leakage in viral hemorrhagic fevers?Masanori Terajima
Immunol Lett 113:117-20. 2007..CD8+ T cells may be a potential target for therapy of some viral hemorrhagic fevers...