Affiliation: Tokai University
- Tammam K, Ikari Y, Yoshimachi F, Saito F, Hassan W. Impact of transradial coronary intervention on bleeding complications in octogenarians. Cardiovasc Interv Ther. 2017;32:18-23 pubmed publisher..0001). In octogenarians, major bleeding complication was significant at 30Â days after PCI. TRI had lower bleeding complication rate than TFI in this population. Octogenarians may be a subgroup of patients who derive benefits from TRI. ..
- Torii S, Fujii T, Murakami T, Nakazawa G, Ijichi T, Nakano M, et al. Impact of a single universal guiding catheter on door-to-balloon time in primary transradial coronary intervention for ST segment elevation myocardial infarction. Cardiovasc Interv Ther. 2017;32:114-119 pubmed publisher..Primary PCI with a single universal guiding catheter reduced D2B time by skipping several procedural steps, and reduced the total number of catheters needed. This technique could reduce patient mortality as well as total medical cost. ..
- Nagaoka M, Tsumuraya N, Nie M, Ikari Y. Zero Contrast Coronary Intervention Using Intravascular Ultrasound Guidance in a Patient with Allergy to Contrast Medium. Tokai J Exp Clin Med. 2016;41:152-5 pubmed..After PCI, stent expansion and a lack of edge dissection or incomplete apposition were confirmed by IVUS. Thus, PCI without contrast injection under IVUS may be feasible in selected patients with allergy to iodinated contrast. ..
- Ikari Y, Awata M, Mitsudo K, Akasaka T, Saito S, Ishihara T, et al. Efficient distal tip size of primary guidewire for antegrade percutaneous coronary intervention in chronic total occlusion: The G-FORCE study. Int J Cardiol. 2017;227:94-99 pubmed publisher..Tapered and regular distal tip guidewires are equivalent as a first choice for CTO. Tapered guidewires are superior for CTO lesions with a J-CTO score=0. ..
- Fujii T, Sakai K, Nakano M, Ohno Y, Nakazawa G, Shinozaki N, et al. Impact of the origin of the collateral feeding donor artery on short-term mortality in ST-elevation myocardial infarction with comorbid chronic total occlusion. Int J Cardiol. 2016;218:158-163 pubmed publisher..71, 95% confidence interval 1.60-14.2, P=0.0005). The origin of the collateral donor artery from the IRA had an impact on short-term mortality in STEMI patients with comorbid CTO lesions. ..
- Fujii T, Nagamatsu H, Nakano M, Ohno Y, Nakazawa G, Shinozaki N, et al. Clinical outcomes in patients with acute hemodynamic collapse supported by extracorporeal life support. Intern Emerg Med. 2017;12:1207-1214 pubmed publisher..However, witnessed CPA with bystander CPR and a less than 40 min interval from CPA to start of ECLS were suggested as factors associated with survival in these CPA patients. ..
- Fujii T, Nakano M, Ohno Y, Nakazawa G, Shinozaki N, Matsukage T, et al. Collateral filling efficiency of comorbid chronic total occlusion segment on short-term mortality in ST-elevation myocardial infarction. Int J Cardiol. 2017;230:346-352 pubmed publisher..28, 95% CI 1.20-9.96, P=0.0203). Poor collateral filling of the CTO segment assessed by Rentrop grade was an independent angiographic predictor for 30-day death in patients with STEMI combined with CTO. ..
- Ikari Y, Torii S, Shioi A, Okano T. Impact of menaquinone-4 supplementation on coronary artery calcification and arterial stiffness: an open label single arm study. Nutr J. 2016;15:53 pubmed publisher..7 %). The benefits of MK-4 supplementation were only observed in patients with vitamin K insufficiencies correlated with high PIVKA-2 baseline levels, reducing baPWV but not CAC. This study was registered as UMIN 000002760. ..
- Tanaka S, Ikari Y, Ijichi T, Nakazawa G. Treat-to-target lipid control is effective but highlighted poor prognosis without indication of statin following percutaneous coronary intervention. Cardiovasc Interv Ther. 2016;: pubmed..008-0.77) were predictors of survival. Statin use was a significant predictor of improved mortality rates under treat-to-target guidelines. However, it also highlighted a poor prognosis in patients without an indication for statins. ..