Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Tohoku University
- Nakamura Y, Yamazaki Y, Konosu Fukaya S, Ise K, Satoh F, Sasano H. Aldosterone biosynthesis in the human adrenal cortex and associated disorders. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2015;153:57-62 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize the available reports on the regulation of aldosterone biosynthesis in the normal adrenal cortex, in associated disorders, and in in vitro models. ..
- Shibahara I, Saito R, Zhang R, Chonan M, Shoji T, Kanamori M, et al. OX40 ligand expressed in glioblastoma modulates adaptive immunity depending on the microenvironment: a clue for successful immunotherapy. Mol Cancer. 2015;14:41 pubmed publisher..Glioblastoma directs immunostimulation or immunosuppression through OX40 signaling, depending on its microenvironment. ..
- Kitawaki Y, Nakamura Y, Kubota Nakayama F, Yamazaki Y, Miki Y, Hata S, et al. Tumor microenvironment in functional adrenocortical adenomas: immune cell infiltration in cortisol-producing adrenocortical adenoma. Hum Pathol. 2018;77:88-97 pubmed publisher..These results all indicated that exposure to local excessive cortisol could result in senescence of tumors cells and play essential roles in constituting the characteristic tissue microenvironment of CPAs. ..
- Lalli E, Sasano H. 5th International ACC Symposium: An Outlook to Current and Future Research on the Biology of Adrenocortical Carcinoma: Diagnostic and Therapeutic Applications. Horm Cancer. 2016;7:44-8 pubmed publisher..These advances need now to be translated to create cellular and animal models more relevant to human disease in order to develop new and more effective diagnostic procedures and targeted therapies against this deadly malignancy. ..
- Sasano H, Suzuki T, Miki Y, Moriya T. Intracrinology of estrogens and androgens in breast carcinoma. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2008;108:181-5 pubmed..However, intracrine mechanisms of androgens as well as their biological or clinical significance in the patients with breast cancer have not been fully elucidated in contrast to those in estrogens. ..
- Adachi K, Miki Y, Saito R, Hata S, Yamauchi M, Mikami Y, et al. Intracrine steroid production and mammalian target of rapamycin pathways in pulmonary lymphangioleiomyomatosis. Hum Pathol. 2015;46:1685-93 pubmed publisher..The results indicated that LAM tumors can be further classified into "aromatase" and "mTOR" groups on the basis of the patterns of immunoreactivity, and the 2 types could benefit from different modes of therapy. ..
- Nakamura Y, Yamazaki Y, Felizola S, Ise K, Morimoto R, Satoh F, et al. Adrenocortical carcinoma: review of the pathologic features, production of adrenal steroids, and molecular pathogenesis. Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am. 2015;44:399-410 pubmed publisher..This article summarizes the current status of the histopathological diagnosis, molecular pathogenesis, and hormonal features of ACC. ..
- Okamoto H, Fujishima F, Kamei T, Nakamura Y, Ozawa Y, Miyata G, et al. Murine double minute 2 predicts response of advanced esophageal squamous cell carcinoma to definitive chemoradiotherapy. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:208 pubmed publisher..These issues could contribute to the formulation of treatment strategy for patients with advanced ESCC. ..
- Nakagawa S, Miki Y, Miyashita M, Hata S, Takahashi Y, Rai Y, et al. Tumor microenvironment in invasive lobular carcinoma: possible therapeutic targets. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2016;155:65-75 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to demonstrate the differences of tumor microenvironment including CAFs and proliferation and maturation of intratumoral vessels between ILC and IDC. ..
- Ohashi K, Hayashi T, Sakamoto M, Iuchi H, Suzuki H, Ebisawa T, et al. Aldosterone-producing adrenocortical carcinoma with prominent hepatic metastasis diagnosed by liver biopsy: a case report. BMC Endocr Disord. 2016;16:3 pubmed publisher..We have reported the first case of aldosterone-producing adrenocortical carcinoma diagnosed solely by immunohistochemical staining for adrenocortical-specific Ad4BP/SF1 and steroidogenic enzymes in a metastatic liver tumor. ..
- Saito R, Miki Y, Ishida N, Inoue C, Kobayashi M, Hata S, et al. The Significance of MMP-1 in EGFR-TKI-Resistant Lung Adenocarcinoma: Potential for Therapeutic Targeting. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..To conclude, this study provides insights into the development of a possible alternative therapy manipulating MMP-1 and the mTOR signaling pathway in EGFR-TKI-resistant lung adenocarcinoma. ..
- Babaya N, Makutani Y, Noso S, Hiromine Y, Ito H, Taketomo Y, et al. Case report: schwannoma arising from the unilateral adrenal area with bilateral hyperaldosteronism. BMC Endocr Disord. 2017;17:74 pubmed publisher..A clinical and morphologic diagnosis of juxta-adrenal schwannoma is difficult, particularly in a case of hyperaldosteronism, as shown in this case. These data suggest the complexity and difficulty diagnosing adrenal incidentaloma. ..
- Iida S, Miki Y, Suzuki T, Mori K, Saito M, Niikawa H, et al. Activation of AXL and antitumor effects of a monoclonal antibody to AXL in lung adenocarcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2014;34:1821-7 pubmed..AXL-targeted therapy, possibly through inhibiting ERK activation of carcinoma cells, could confer clinical benefits on patients with lung adenocarcinoma. ..
- Nakano K, Miki Y, Hata S, Ebata A, Takagi K, McNamara K, et al. Identification of androgen-responsive microRNAs and androgen-related genes in breast cancer. Anticancer Res. 2013;33:4811-9 pubmed..Our findings indicated that the recruitment of IQWD1 to ARs may be a prerequisite for the growth stimulation by androgens through ARs in breast cancer cells. ..
- Iwabuchi E, Miki Y, Ono K, Onodera Y, Suzuki T, Hirakawa H, et al. In situ detection of estrogen receptor dimers in breast carcinoma cells in archival materials using proximity ligation assay (PLA). J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;165:159-169 pubmed publisher..The evaluation of ER dimer patterns could provide pivotal information as to the prediction of response to endocrine therapy of breast cancer patients. ..
- Miki Y, Hata S, Ono K, Suzuki T, Ito K, Kumamoto H, et al. Roles of Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor in Aromatase-Dependent Cell Proliferation in Human Osteoblasts. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that AhR could regulate estrogen synthesis and metabolism in bone tissues through cytokine/aromatase signaling. ..
- Sakurai M, Miki Y, Takagi K, Suzuki T, Ishida T, Ohuchi N, et al. Interaction with adipocyte stromal cells induces breast cancer malignancy via S100A7 upregulation in breast cancer microenvironment. Breast Cancer Res. 2017;19:70 pubmed publisher..The results of our study suggest that paracrine production of cytokines from ASCs stimulates breast carcinoma cell growth via upregulation of S100A7 expression in breast cancer cell lines. ..
- Konosu Fukaya S, Nakamura Y, Satoh F, Felizola S, Maekawa T, Ono Y, et al. 3Î²-Hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase isoforms in human aldosterone-producing adenoma. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2015;408:205-12 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that HSD3B1 is involved in aldosterone production, despite its lower levels of expression compared with HSD3B2, and also possibly associated with KCNJ5 mutation in APA. ..
- Zhang Y, Dai J, McNamara K, Bai B, Shi M, Chan M, et al. Prognostic significance of proline, glutamic acid, leucine rich protein 1 (PELP1) in triple-negative breast cancer: a retrospective study on 129 cases. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:699 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we propose that PELP1/Ki-67 double high expression in tumors is an independent prognostic factor for predicting a poor outcome for patients with TNBC. ..
- Nakamura Y, Maekawa T, Felizola S, Satoh F, Qi X, Velarde Miranda C, et al. Adrenal CYP11B1/2 expression in primary aldosteronism: immunohistochemical analysis using novel monoclonal antibodies. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2014;392:73-9 pubmed publisher..CYP11B2 immunoreactivity in the ZG could also serve as a potential immunohistochemical marker differentiating morphologically hyperplastic ZG of IHA and APA adjacent adrenal. ..
- Inoue T, Miki Y, Kakuo S, Hachiya A, Kitahara T, Aiba S, et al. Expression of steroidogenic enzymes in human sebaceous glands. J Endocrinol. 2014;222:301-12 pubmed publisher..These results all indicated that local androgen biosynthesis and metabolism in human sebaceous glands could play a pivotal role in sebum synthesis and secretion. ..