Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Tohoku University
- Mrozowska P, Fukuda M. Regulation of podocalyxin trafficking by Rab small GTPases in 2D and 3D epithelial cell cultures. J Cell Biol. 2016;213:355-69 pubmed publisher..Our results give substantial insight into regulation of the transcytosis of this apical marker and highlight differences between trafficking mechanisms in 2D and 3D cell cultures. ..
- Marubashi S, Ohbayashi N, Fukuda M. A Varp-Binding Protein, RACK1, Regulates Dendrite Outgrowth through Stabilization of Varp Protein in Mouse Melanocytes. J Invest Dermatol. 2016;136:1672-1680 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that RACK1 competes with Rab40C for binding to the ANKR2 domain of Varp and regulates dendrite outgrowth through stabilization of Varp in mouse melanocytes. ..
- Fukuda M. TBC proteins: GAPs for mammalian small GTPase Rab?. Biosci Rep. 2011;31:159-68 pubmed publisher..g. leanness in mice and insulin resistance in humans). The present study reviews the structure and function of mammalian TBC proteins, especially in relation to Rab small GTPases. ..
- Kobayashi H, Etoh K, Ohbayashi N, Fukuda M. Rab35 promotes the recruitment of Rab8, Rab13 and Rab36 to recycling endosomes through MICAL-L1 during neurite outgrowth. Biol Open. 2014;3:803-14 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest the existence of a novel mechanism that recruits multiple Rab proteins at the Arf6-positive compartment by MICAL-L1. ..
- Matsui T, Noguchi K, Fukuda M. Dennd3 functions as a guanine nucleotide exchange factor for small GTPase Rab12 in mouse embryonic fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:13986-95 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that Dennd3 not only functions as a Rab12-GEF but also modulates Akt signaling in mouse embryonic fibroblast cells. ..
- Ohbayashi N, Maruta Y, Ishida M, Fukuda M. Melanoregulin regulates retrograde melanosome transport through interaction with the RILP-p150Glued complex in melanocytes. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:1508-18 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a new mechanism by which the dynein-dynactin motor complex recognizes Mreg on mature melanosomes through interaction with RILP and is involved in the centripetal movement of melanosomes. ..
- Fukuda M, Kobayashi H, Ishibashi K, Ohbayashi N. Genome-wide investigation of the Rab binding activity of RUN domains: development of a novel tool that specifically traps GTP-Rab35. Cell Struct Funct. 2011;36:155-70 pubmed..Recombinant RBD35 was found to trap GTP-Rab35 specifically both in vitro and in PC12 cells, and overexpression of fluorescently tagged RBD35 in PC12 cells strongly inhibited nerve growth factor-dependent neurite outgrowth. ..
- Marubashi S, Shimada H, Fukuda M, Ohbayashi N. RUTBC1 Functions as a GTPase-activating Protein for Rab32/38 and Regulates Melanogenic Enzyme Trafficking in Melanocytes. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:1427-40 pubmed publisher..These results collectively indicate that proper spatiotemporal regulation of Rab32/38 is essential for the trafficking of all three melanogenic enzymes in mouse melanocytes. ..
- Fukuda M. Rab27 effectors, pleiotropic regulators in secretory pathways. Traffic. 2013;14:949-63 pubmed publisher..g. exosome secretion and mast cell secretion) even within the same cell type. In this review article, I describe the current state of our understanding of the functions of Rab27 effectors in secretory pathways. ..