Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Tohoku University
- [Dynamic organization of chromatin in DNA repair]Tsuyoshi Ikura
Tanpakushitsu Kakusan Koso 51:310-4. 2006
- DNA damage-dependent acetylation and ubiquitination of H2AX enhances chromatin dynamicsTsuyoshi Ikura
Department of Biochemistry, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Seiryoumachi 2 1, Aobaku Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 27:7028-40. 2007..We conclude that the sequential acetylation and ubiquitination of H2AX by TIP60-UBC13 promote enhanced histone dynamics, which in turn stimulate a DNA damage response...
- [Role of histone variant in DNA metabolism]Tsuyoshi Ikura
Tanpakushitsu Kakusan Koso 51:2083-5. 2006
- Bach1-mediated suppression of p53 is inhibited by p19(ARF) independently of MDM2Hironari Nishizawa
Department of Biochemistry, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Cancer Sci 103:897-903. 2012..The p19(ARF)-Bach1 interaction constitutes a regulatory pathway of p53 in parallel with the p19(ARF)-MDM2 pathway...
- Methionine adenosyltransferase II serves as a transcriptional corepressor of Maf oncoproteinYasutake Katoh
Department of Biochemistry, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Miyagi 980 8575, Japan
Mol Cell 41:554-66. 2011..MATII serves as a transcriptional corepressor of MafK by interacting with chromatin regulators and supplying SAM for methyltransferases...
- Bach1 inhibits oxidative stress-induced cellular senescence by impeding p53 function on chromatinYoshihiro Dohi
Department of Biochemistry, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Seiryo machi 2 1, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Nat Struct Mol Biol 15:1246-54. 2008..Because Bach1 is regulated by oxidative stress and heme, our data show that Bach1 connects oxygen metabolism and cellular senescence as a negative regulator of p53...
- A critical role for the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme Ubc13 in initiating homologous recombinationGuang Yu Zhao
CREST Laboratory, Department of Radiation Genetics, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Yoshida Konoe, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Mol Cell 25:663-75. 2007..Furthermore, generation of ssDNA/RPA complexes at DSBs is severely attenuated in the absence of Ubc13. These data reveal a critical and unexpected role for vertebrate Ubc13 in the initiation of HR at the level of DSB processing...
- Deubiquitylation of histone H2A activates transcriptional initiation via trans-histone cross-talk with H3K4 di- and trimethylationTakeya Nakagawa
Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki 852 8523, Japan
Genes Dev 22:37-49. 2008..Our studies revealed a novel mode of trans-histone cross-talk, in which H2A ubiquitylation controls the di- and trimethylation of H3K4, resulting in regulation of transcriptional initiation...
- Dynamic interaction of p220(NPAT) and CBP/p300 promotes S-phase entryAiyan Wang
Section of Molecular Craniofacial Embryology, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8549, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 325:1509-16. 2004..Overall, our findings demonstrate that p220(NPAT) and CBP/p300 form a transient complex at the G1/S boundary to play cooperative roles to promote the S-phase entry...
- Absence of Ku70 gene obliterates X-ray-induced lacZ mutagenesis of small deletions in mouse tissuesYoshihiko Uehara
Department of Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, Tohoku University, 2 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai, Japan
Radiat Res 170:216-23. 2008..These data indicate a predominant role of non-homologous end joining in the production of radiation-induced mutations in vivo...
- Chromatin dynamics and DNA repairTsuyoshi Ikura
Research Institute for Radiation Biology and Medicine, Department of Experimental Oncology, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima 734-8553, Japan
Front Biosci 8:s149-55. 2003..Defects in the proper maintenance of chromatin states after repair could be a factor in the aging process, as well as in other pathologies...