Affiliation: Tohoku University
- Recent advances in the development of amyloid imaging agentsShozo Furumoto
Biomedical Engineering Research Organization, Tohoku University, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Curr Top Med Chem 7:1773-89. 2007....
- Amyloid PET in mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer's disease with BF-227: comparison to FDG-PETKatsutoshi Furukawa
Department of Geriatrics and Gerontology, Division of Brain Sciences, Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer, Tohoku University, 4 1 Seiryomachi, Aobaku, Sendai 980 8498, Japan
J Neurol 257:721-7. 2010..We conclude that [(11)C]BF-227-PET has a possibility to be a useful technology for early detection of AD pathology and also even in the MCI stage...
- A modified method of 3D-SSP analysis for amyloid PET imaging using [¹¹C]BF-227Tomohiro Kaneta
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Tohoku University, 1 1 Seiryomachi, Aobaku, Sendai 980 8574, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 25:732-9. 2011....
- Brain accumulation of amyloid β protein visualized by positron emission tomography and BF-227 in Alzheimer's disease patients with or without diabetes mellitusNaoki Tomita
Department of Geriatrics and Gerontology, Division of Brain Sciences, Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer, Tohoku University, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Geriatr Gerontol Int 13:215-21. 2013..To discover the mechanism of developing dementia in AD patients with DM in a living state, we studied the distribution of amyloid β (Αβ) protein of diabetic AD patients...
- Synthesis of [11C]interleukin 8 using a cell-free translation system and L-[11C]methionineRyuichi Harada
Department of Pharmacology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Nucl Med Biol 39:155-60. 2012..This study clearly demonstrates that cell-free protein production system combined with positron emitter-labeled amino acid holds great promise as a novel approach to prepare radiolabeled proteins and peptides for PET imaging...
- Comparison study of amyloid PET and voxel-based morphometry analysis in mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer's diseaseMasaaki Waragai
Department of Geriatrics and Gerontology, Division of Brain Sciences, Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
J Neurol Sci 285:100-8. 2009..These findings suggest that amyloid PET using [11C]BF-227 is better suited for the prediction of conversion from MCI to AD, while VBM-MRI appears to be better suited for tracking the severity of dementia...
- Analysis of early phase [11C]BF-227 PET, and its application for anatomical standardization of late-phase images for 3D-SSP analysisTomohiro Kaneta
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Tohoku University, 1 1 Seiryomachi, Aobaku, Sendai, 980 8574, Japan
Jpn J Radiol 32:138-44. 2014....
- Synthesis and preliminary evaluation of 2-arylhydroxyquinoline derivatives for tau imagingTetsuro Tago
Cyclotron and Radioisotope Center CYRIC, Tohoku University, Sendai, 980 8578, Japan
J Labelled Comp Radiopharm 57:18-24. 2014..15% ID/g at 30 min postinjection) and showed the labeling of NFTs in an AD brain section by autoradiography assay. These findings indicate the availability of [(11) C]THK-951 for in vivo PET imaging of tau pathology in AD...
- In vitro and in vivo characterization of 2-deoxy-2-18F-fluoro-D-mannose as a tumor-imaging agent for PETShozo Furumoto
Department of Pharmacology, Graduate School of Medicine, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
J Nucl Med 54:1354-61. 2013....
- Advances in molecular imaging for the diagnosis of dementiaNobuyuki Okamura
Tohoku University, Pharmacology, Sendai, Japan
Expert Opin Med Diagn 3:705-16. 2009..New targets for molecular imaging are focusing on protein misfolding diseases associated with the neurotoxic deposition of aggregated tau, α-synuclein and prion proteins...
- In vivo detection of amyloid plaques in the mouse brain using the near-infrared fluorescence probe THK-265Nobuyuki Okamura
Department of Pharmacology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan Innovation of New Biomedical Engineering Center, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
J Alzheimers Dis 23:37-48. 2011..These findings strongly support the usefulness of THK-265 as an NIRF imaging probe for the noninvasive measurement of brain amyloid load...
- Initial evaluation of dynamic human imaging using 18F-FRP170 as a new PET tracer for imaging hypoxiaTomohiro Kaneta
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 21:101-7. 2007..In the present study, we analyzed dynamic whole-body imaging in healthy volunteers and dynamic tumor imaging in three patients with lung cancer...
- Tumor detection using 18F-labeled matrix metalloproteinase-2 inhibitorShozo Furumoto
Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer and Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Scinces, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Nucl Med Biol 30:119-25. 2003..Our results suggest that [(18)F]SAV03M could be potentially suitable for tumor imaging with PET...
- An experimental study on O-[18F]fluoromethyl-L-tyrosine for differentiation between tumor and inflammatory tissuesManami Suzuki
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Cyclotron and Radioisotope Center, Tohoku University, Aoba, Aramaki, Aoba, Sendai, Miyagi 980 8578, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 19:589-95. 2005..The aim of this study was to assess the potency of 18F-FMT for differentiating tumor and inflammatory tissues using an animal model with an implanted tumor and experimentally induced inflammatory foci...
- Tumor blood flow interruption after radiotherapy strongly inhibits tumor regrowthKatsuyoshi Hori
Department of Vascular Biology, Division of Cancer Control, Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer, Tohoku University, 4 1 Seiryomachi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Cancer Sci 99:1485-91. 2008..Our data thus show that destruction of tumor microcirculation after irradiation is quite effective for preventing cancer recurrence...
- Synthesis and in vivo biodistribution of BPA-Gd-DTPA complex as a potential MRI contrast carrier for neutron capture therapyKazunori Takahashi
Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science, Tohoku University, Sendai 980 8578, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem 13:735-43. 2005..The visualization experiment of boron distribution in the tumor-bearing rat by alpha-autoradiography indicates that boron was accumulated in the tumor and the intestines at 20 min after injection...
- Reactivity of electrochemically concentrated anhydrous [18F]fluoride for microfluidic radiosynthesis of 18F-labeled compoundsRebecca Wong
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Sendai 980 8578, Japan
Appl Radiat Isot 70:193-9. 2012....
- O-[18F]fluoromethyl-L-tyrosine is a potential tracer for monitoring tumour response to chemotherapy using PET: an initial comparative in vivo study with deoxyglucose and thymidineGengo Yamaura
Department of Clinical Oncology, Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer, Tohoku University, 4 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba Ward, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 33:1134-9. 2006..To compare the utility of a new artificial amino acid, O-[18F]fluoromethyl-L-tyrosine ([18F]FMT), for monitoring cancer chemotherapy with deoxyglucose and thymidine...
- [Development of [18F]FRP-170 injection for imaging hypoxia by PET]Yoichi Ishikawa
Cyclotron and Radioisotope Center, Tohoku University
Kaku Igaku 42:1-10. 2005..The radiation-absorbed dose to the whole body was estimated to be 1.0 mSv/185 MBq. The [18F]FRP-170 injection proved to be suitable for clinical use without acute toxicity or mutagenicity...
- Quinoline and benzimidazole derivatives: candidate probes for in vivo imaging of tau pathology in Alzheimer's diseaseNobuyuki Okamura
BF Research Institute, Osaka 541 0045, Japan
J Neurosci 25:10857-62. 2005..Autoradiography using 11C-labeled BF-158 further demonstrated labeling of NFTs in AD brain sections. These findings suggest the potential usefulness of quinoline and benzimidazole derivatives for in vivo imaging of tau pathology in AD...
- 2-(2-[2-Dimethylaminothiazol-5-yl]ethenyl)-6- (2-[fluoro]ethoxy)benzoxazole: a novel PET agent for in vivo detection of dense amyloid plaques in Alzheimer's disease patientsYukitsuka Kudo
Tohoku University Biomedical Engineering Research Organization, Sendai, Japan
J Nucl Med 48:553-61. 2007..This study reports a novel compound, 2-(2-[2-dimethylaminothiazol-5-yl]ethenyl)-6-(2-[fluoro]ethoxy)benzoxazole (BF-227), for in vivo detection of dense amyloid deposits using PET...
- Evaluation of O-[11C]methyl-L-tyrosine and O-[18F]fluoromethyl-L-tyrosine as tumor imaging tracers by PETKiichi Ishiwata
Positron Medical Center, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology, 1 1 Naka cho, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 173 0022, Japan
Nucl Med Biol 31:191-8. 2004..O-[(11)C]methyl-L-tyrosine was metabolically stable, whereas a negligible low amount of metabolites was observed for O-[(18)F]fluoromethyl-L-tyrosine. Both tracers showed the potential for tumor imaging...
- Comparison of 18F-fluoromethylcholine and 2-deoxy-D-glucose in the distribution of tumor and inflammationKazuo Kubota
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Radiology, International Medical Center of Japan, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 20:527-33. 2006..The distribution characteristics of 18F-fluoromethylcholine (18F-choline) in tumor and inflammatory tissue were compared with those of 14C or 3H-2-deoxyglucose (2DG) as a substitute for fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG)...
- Simple automated preparation of O-[11C]methyl-l-tyrosine for routine clinical useYoichi Ishikawa
CYRIC Tohoku University, Aramaki, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8578, Japan
Appl Radiat Isot 63:55-61. 2005..60% (decay-corrected, based on [(11)C]MeI). Radiochemical purity was over 97%. The automated preparation was carried out using a miniature module employing manifold valves...
- [Alzheimer' s disease]Nobuyuki Okamura
Department of Pharmacology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine
Nihon Rinsho 65:320-6. 2007....