Affiliation: Tohoku University
- Use of microscope-integrated near-infrared indocyanine green videoangiography in the surgical treatment of intramedullary cavernous malformations: report of 8 casesToshiki Endo
Department of Neurosurgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
J Neurosurg Spine 18:443-9. 2013..The purpose of this paper is to examine the potential utility of ICG videoangiography in the surgical treatment of intramedullary CMs...
- Prediction of neurological recovery using apparent diffusion coefficient in cases of incomplete spinal cord injuryToshiki Endo
Department of Neurosurgery, School of Medicine, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Neurosurgery 68:329-36. 2011..Apparent diffusion coefficient (ADC) values obtained by diffusion-weighted imaging can differentiate cytotoxic edema from vasogenic edema through microscopic motion of water protons...
- Malignant intracranial epithelioid hemangioendothelioma presumably originating from the lung: case reportToshiki Endo
Department of Neurosurgery, Yamagata Prefectural Shinjo Hospital, Shinjo, Japan
J Neurooncol 67:337-43. 2004..Emphasis is placed on the histological features of this rare tumor and its potential for malignancy...
- Cortical changes following spinal cord injury with emphasis on the Nogo signaling systemToshiki Endo
Department of Neurosurgery, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Neuroscientist 15:291-9. 2009..Here, human and animal studies of spinal cord injury are reviewed, with special emphasis on the contribution of the Nogo signaling system to cortical plasticity...
- Surgical treatment of spinal intradural arachnoid cysts using endoscopyToshiki Endo
Department of Neurosurgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Aoba ku, Sendai, Japan
J Neurosurg Spine 12:641-6. 2010..They evaluated the usefulness and reliability of endoscopic treatment for this clinical entity based on long-term follow-up results...
- Concurrent dural and perimedullary arteriovenous fistulas at the craniocervical junction: case series with special reference to angioarchitectureKenichi Sato
Department of Neuroendovascular Therapy, Tohoku University Graduate School ofMedicine, Sendai, Japan
J Neurosurg 118:451-9. 2013..The purpose of this study was to describe the clinical and angiographic characteristics of such concurrent lesions...
- Long-term outcome of cervical and thoracolumbar dural arteriovenous fistulas with emphasis on sensory disturbance and neuropathic painMizuya Shinoyama
Department of Neurosurgery, Kohnan Hospital, Sendai, Japan
World Neurosurg 73:401-8. 2010..Here we report long-term outcomes and detailed sensory evaluations of surgically treated SDAVF, including 14 patients with the craniocervical fistulas...
- Surgical treatment of spinal extradural arteriovenous fistula with parenchymal drainage: report on 5 casesKuniyasu Niizuma
Department of Neurosurgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan Department of Neuroendovascular Therapy, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan Department of Neurosurgery, Iwate Prefectural Central Hospital, Morioka, Japan
Neurosurgery 73:onsE287-3; discussion onsE293-4. 2013..Treatment includes endovascular and open microsurgical interventions. We reviewed the clinical records of patients treated for a type A SEDAVF to evaluate the feasibility of our treatment strategy...
- An analysis of flow dynamics in cerebral cavernous malformation and orbital cavernous angioma using indocyanine green videoangiographyKensuke Murakami
Department of Neurosurgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 154:1169-75. 2012..We attempted direct visualization of blood flow within CCMs and orbital cavernous angiomas (CAs), and analyzed flow dynamics using indocyanine green videoangiography (ICG-VAG)...
- Cervical perimedullary arteriovenous shunts: a study of 22 consecutive cases with a focus on angioarchitecture and surgical approachesToshiki Endo
Departments of Neurosurgery and Neuroendovascular Therapy, Tohoku University, Graduate School of Medicine Department of Neuroendovascular Therapy, Kohnan Hospital, Sendai, Japan
Neurosurgery 75:238-49; discussion 249. 2014..Reports of cervical perimedullary arteriovenous shunt (PMAVS) are limited, and treatment strategies have not been established...
- [Recurrent cerebellar abscess secondary to middle ear cholesteatoma: case report]Toshiki Endo
Department of Neurosurgeuy, Shinjo Prefectual Hospital, 12 55, Wakabacho, Shinjo, Yamagata 996 0025, Japan
No Shinkei Geka 30:431-5. 2002..Recognizing middle ear cholesteatoma as one of the major causes of neurological entities in the cerebellopontine angle portion, accurate otological examination and prompt treatment can possibly bring about a better prognosis...
- [Usefulness of pulsed water jet in dissecting sphenoid ridge meningioma while preserving arteries]Toshiki Endo
Department of Neurosurgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine
No Shinkei Geka 42:1019-25. 2014..We consider the pulsed water jet as a useful device, especially when the need to dissect meningioma from parent arteries exists. The jet can help neurosurgeons simultaneously achieve tumor resection and preservation of blood vessels. ..
- Exclusively epidural spinal metameric arteriovenous shunts: case report and literature reviewAlaa Elkordy
Department of Neurosurgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Tohoku University, 1 1 Seiryo Aoba, Sendai 980 8574, Japan Department of Neuroendovascular Therapy, Graduate School of Medicine, Tohoku University, 1 1 Seiryo Aoba, Sendai 980 8574, Japan Neuroendovascular Section, Department of Neurology, Tanta University, 45 El Geish St, Tanta 31111, Egypt
Spine J 15:e15-22. 2015..Most SAMS cases have intra- and extradural AVMs and suffer from hematomyelia, subarachnoid hemorrhage, or venous congestive myelopathy...
- 5-aminolevulinic acid fluorescence-guided resection of intramedullary ependymoma: report of 9 casesTomoo Inoue
Department of Neurosurgery, Tohoku University, Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Neurosurgery 72:ons159-68; discussion ons168. 2013..Resection guided by 5-aminolevulinic acid (5-ALA) fluorescence has proved to be useful in intracranial glioma surgery. However, the effects of 5-ALA on spinal cord tumors remain unknown...
- Cognard type V intracranial dural arteriovenous shunt: case reports and literature review with special consideration of the pattern of spinal venous drainageShinya Haryu
Department of Neurosurgery and Department of Neuroendovascular Therapy, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan Department of Neurosurgery, Kohnan Hospital, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Neurosurgery 74:E135-42; discussion E142. 2014..We investigated the angiographic and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) characteristics of Cognard type V DAVS to determine the reason for the difficulty in early diagnosis...
- Subependymoma in the lateral ventricle manifesting as intraventricular hemorrhageYousuke Akamatsu
Department of Neurosurgery, National Hospital Organization Sendai Medical Center, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 50:1020-3. 2010..Since subependymomas are quite benign and show poor vascularity, intraventricular or subarachnoid hemorrhages are very rare, but do occasionally occur...
- Intracerebral cystic rhabdoid papillary meningioma in an 11-year-old patientWenting Jia
Department of Neurosurgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai, Miyagi, 980 8574, Japan
Childs Nerv Syst 30:2151-5. 2014..Rhabdoid papillary meningioma is a rare meningioma variant categorized as WHO grade III. We report an 11-year-old girl with an intracerebral rhabdoid papillary meningioma...
- Transplantation of bone marrow stromal cell-derived neural precursor cells ameliorates deficits in a rat model of complete spinal cord transectionMisaki Aizawa-Kohama
Department of Stem Cell Biology and Histology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Cell Transplant 22:1613-25. 2013..Our results indicated BM-NPCs as an effective method to deliver neuronal lineage cells in a severely injured spinal cord. However, reestablishment of neuronal networks in completed transected spinal cord was still a challenging task. ..
- Fatal subarachnoid hemorrhage, with brainstem and cerebellar infarction, caused by Aspergillus infection after cerebral aneurysm surgery: case reportToshiki Endo
Department of Neurosurgery, Kohnan Hospital, Sendai, Japan
Neurosurgery 50:1147-50; discussion 1150-1. 2002..We describe a case of Aspergillus arteritis that caused SAH without aneurysm formation, followed by successive brainstem and cerebellar infarction...
- Surgical and histological observations of trochlear neurinoma: case reportMisaki Kohama
Department of Neurosurgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 49:217-20. 2009..Preoperative diagnosis of trochlear neurinoma must distinguish the neurological presentations of trochlear and trigeminal neurinomas and to analyze the microanatomy of the tumor and skull base structures on neuroimaging...
- De novo formation of orbital cavernous malformation 9 years after surgical management of dural arteriovenous fistula in the anterior middle fossa: case reportShunsuke Omodaka
Department of Neurosurgery, Kohnan Hospital, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 50:324-7. 2010..The coexistence of recurrent dAVF with newly formed orbital CM is extremely rare, but may indicate the underlying mechanism of the formation of CMs and recurrent dAVF...
- Axial loading during magnetic resonance imaging in patients with lumbar spinal canal stenosis: does it reproduce the positional change of the dural sac detected by upright myelography?Haruo Kanno
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Nishitaga National Hospital, Sendai, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 37:E985-92. 2012..We compared the sizes of the dural sac among conventional magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), axial loaded MRI, and upright myelography in patients with lumbar spinal canal stenosis (LSCS)...
- Effects of sevoflurane on electrocorticography in patients with intractable temporal lobe epilepsyToshiki Endo
Department of Neuroanesthesia, Kohnan Hospital, Sendai, Japan
J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 14:59-62. 2002..When epilepsy surgeries are performed under sevoflurane anesthesia, it is important to consider that sevoflurane may suppress electric activities when it is used with other anesthetic agents...