Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Toho University
- Light and glutamate-induced degradation of the circadian oscillating protein BMAL1 during the mammalian clock resettingT Tamaru
Department of Physiology, Toho University School of Medicine, Tokyo 143 8540, Japan
J Neurosci 20:7525-30. 2000..A rapid decrease of BMAL1 protein suggests that BMAL1 protein might be implicated in the light-transducing pathway within the SCN...
- Circadian expression of hnRNP U, a nuclear multi-potent regulatory protein, in the murine suprachiasmatic nucleusTeruya Tamaru
Department of Physiology, Toho University School of Medicine, 5 21 16 Ohmori nishi, Ohta ku, 143 8540, Tokyo, Japan
Neurosci Lett 341:111-4. 2003..These findings suggest that hnRNP U participates in nuclear regulatory events that are involved in mammalian central and peripheral circadian clocks...
- Nucleocytoplasmic shuttling and phosphorylation of BMAL1 are regulated by circadian clock in cultured fibroblastsTeruya Tamaru
Department of Physiology, Toho University School of Medicine, 5 21 16 Ohmori nishi Ohta ku, Tokyo 143 8540, Japan
Genes Cells 8:973-83. 2003..However, the molecular clockwork that cause these fundamental feedback loops to stably oscillate with a approximately 24 h-periodicity remain unclear...
- Synchronization of circadian Per2 rhythms and HSF1-BMAL1:CLOCK interaction in mouse fibroblasts after short-term heat shock pulseTeruya Tamaru
Department of Physiology and Advanced Research Center for Medical Science, Toho University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e24521. 2011..These findings reveal that even a short-term HS pulse can reset circadian rhythms and cause the HSF1-BMAL1:CLOCK interaction, suggesting the pivotal role of crosstalk between the mammalian circadian and HSR systems...
- CK2alpha phosphorylates BMAL1 to regulate the mammalian clockTeruya Tamaru
Department of Physiology, Toho University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Nat Struct Mol Biol 16:446-8. 2009..Notably, phosphorylation at Ser90 follows a rhythmic pattern. These findings reveal that CK2 is an essential regulator of the mammalian circadian system...
- Circadian clock control by SUMOylation of BMAL1Luca Cardone
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, 1 rue Laurent Fries, 67404 Illkirch, Strasbourg, France
Science 309:1390-4. 2005..This reveals an additional level of regulation within the core mechanism of the circadian clock...
- CLOCK-mediated acetylation of BMAL1 controls circadian functionJun Hirayama
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of California Irvine, Irvine 92697 4625, California, USA
Nature 450:1086-90. 2007..These findings reveal that the enzymatic interplay between two clock core components is crucial for the circadian machinery...