Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: The University of Tokyo
- RET, ROS1 and ALK fusions in lung cancerKengo Takeuchi
Pathology Project for Molecular Targets, The Cancer Institute, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Tokyo, Japan
Nat Med 18:378-81. 2012....
- Pulmonary inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor expressing a novel fusion, PPFIBP1-ALK: reappraisal of anti-ALK immunohistochemistry as a tool for novel ALK fusion identificationKengo Takeuchi
Pathology Project for Molecular Targets, Division of Pathology, Thoracic Center, Cancer Institute Hospital, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 17:3341-8. 2011..By using sensitive immunohistochemistry, therefore, we reassessed "ALK-negative" IMT cases defined with conventional immunohistochemistry (approximately 50% of all examined cases)...
- Identification of a novel fusion, SQSTM1-ALK, in ALK-positive large B-cell lymphomaKengo Takeuchi
Pathology Project for Molecular Targets, Cancer Institute, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research 3 8 31 Ariake, Koto, Tokyo 135 8550, Japan
Haematologica 96:464-7. 2011..SQSTM1-ALK may be a rare fusion, but our data provide novel biological insights and serve as a key for the accurate diagnosis of this rare lymphoma...
- Lymphomatoid gastropathy: a distinct clinicopathologic entity of self-limited pseudomalignant NK-cell proliferationKengo Takeuchi
The Cancer Institute, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Tokyo, Japan
Blood 116:5631-7. 2010..However, LyGa is recognized as a pseudomalignant process because of its clinical characteristics. The concept of LyGa should be well recognized...
- KIF5B-ALK, a novel fusion oncokinase identified by an immunohistochemistry-based diagnostic system for ALK-positive lung cancerKengo Takeuchi
The Cancer Institute, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 15:3143-9. 2009..The sensitivity of EML4-ALK detection by immunohistochemistry should be increased adequately...
- Multiplex reverse transcription-PCR screening for EML4-ALK fusion transcriptsKengo Takeuchi
Division of Pathology, The Cancer Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 14:6618-24. 2008..To allow sensitive detection of EML4-ALK fusion transcripts, we have now developed a multiplex reverse transcription-PCR (RT-PCR) system that captures all in-frame fusions between the two genes...
- EML4-ALK fusion is linked to histological characteristics in a subset of lung cancersKentaro Inamura
Department of Pathology, The Cancer Institute, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research JFCR, Tokyo, Japan
J Thorac Oncol 3:13-7. 2008..Tumors featuring EML4-ALK fusion constitute one subtype of NSCLC that might be highly sensitive to ALK inhibitors. Herein, we present results of a first large scale study of EML4-ALK fusion in lung cancers...
- Activation status of receptor tyrosine kinase downstream pathways in primary lung adenocarcinoma with reference of KRAS and EGFR mutationsMiyako Hiramatsu
Division of Pathology, The Cancer Institute, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research JFCR, 3 8 31 Ariake, Koto ku, Tokyo 135 8550, Japan
Lung Cancer 70:94-102. 2010..The signal proteins were differently related to mutation status from cultured cells...
- Increased incidence of interstitial pneumonia by CHOP combined with rituximabDaisuke Ennishi
Department of Oncology and Hematology, Cancer Institute Hospital, 3 10 6 Ariake, Koto ku, Tokyo 135 8550, Japan
Int J Hematol 87:393-7. 2008..jirovecii and fungal infection. The need for prophylactic antifungals and ST during R-CHOP should be evaluated by randomized controlled trials...
- Prognostic value of C-reactive protein, lactase dehydrogenase and anemia in recurrent or refractory aggressive lymphomaKazuhito Suzuki
Department of Medical Hematology Oncology, Cancer Institute Hospital, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, 3 8 31 Ariake, Koto ku, Tokyo 1358550, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 43:37-44. 2013..Prognostic predictors for newly diagnosed malignant lymphoma are well known. However, they have not been compared for patients with recurrent or refractory malignant lymphoma...
- KLC1-ALK: a novel fusion in lung cancer identified using a formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue onlyYuki Togashi
Pathology Project for Molecular Targets, The Cancer Institute, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 7:e31323. 2012..This finding will broaden the potential value of archival FFPE tissues and provide further biological and clinical insights into ALK-positive lung cancer...
- EML4-ALK lung cancers are characterized by rare other mutations, a TTF-1 cell lineage, an acinar histology, and young onsetKentaro Inamura
Division of Pathology, The Cancer Institute, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Koto ku, Tokyo, Japan
Mod Pathol 22:508-15. 2009....
- Identification of CD20 C-terminal deletion mutations associated with loss of CD20 expression in non-Hodgkin's lymphomaYasuhito Terui
Departments of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Division of Clinical Chemotherapy, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 15:2523-30. 2009..With increasing use, resistance to rituximab is a continuing concern, but CD20 mutation as a cause of resistance has not previously been reported...
- Allelotypes of lung adenocarcinomas featuring ALK fusion demonstrate fewer onco- and suppressor gene changesHironori Ninomiya
Division of Pathology, The Cancer Institute, Ariake 3 8 31, Koutou ku, Tokyo 135 8550, Japan
BMC Cancer 13:8. 2013..EML4-ALK fusion confers a characteristic histology and is detected more frequently in never or light smokers and younger patients...
- Identification of anaplastic lymphoma kinase fusions in renal cancer: large-scale immunohistochemical screening by the intercalated antibody-enhanced polymer methodEmiko Sugawara
Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer 118:4427-36. 2012..In this context, ALK inhibitor therapy would constitute a therapeutic advance, as has previously been demonstrated with lung cancer, inflammatory myofibroblastic tumors, and anaplastic large cell lymphomas...
- Phase II/III study of R-CHOP-21 versus R-CHOP-14 for untreated indolent B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: JCOG 0203 trialTakashi Watanabe
Hematology and Stem Cell Transplantation Division, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
J Clin Oncol 29:3990-8. 2011..To improve progression-free survival (PFS) in patients treated with R-CHOP as the primary end point, we conducted a phase III study...
- An imaging-based rapid evaluation method for complement-dependent cytotoxicity discriminated clinical response to rituximab-containing chemotherapyYuji Mishima
Olympus Bio Imaging Laboratory, Clinical Chemotherapy, Cancer Institute of the Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 15:3624-32. 2009....
- Central nervous system event in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in the rituximab eraNaoto Tomita
Bay area Lymphoma Information Network, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Sci 103:245-51. 2012..The efficacy and manner of CNS prophylaxis in patients for each involvement site should be evaluated further...
- Cancer of unknown primary site: a review of 28 cases and the efficacy of cisplatin/docetaxel therapy at a single institute in JapanHisakazu Nishimori
Division of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Cancer Institute Hospital, Koto ku, Tokyo 135 8550, Japan
Acta Med Okayama 64:285-91. 2010..In conclusion, CDDP/TXT chemotherapy is effective with tolerable toxicity in patients with CUP. Japanese patients with CUP might be chemosensitive and may survive longer...
- Implications for differential diagnosis of lung cancer-associated lymphadenopathy in lymphoepithelioid cell lymphoma (Lennert's lymphoma) arising simultaneously with lung cancer: a case reportRira Hoshi
Department of Cytology, Cancer Institute Hospital, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Tokyo, Japan
Acta Cytol 54:197-201. 2010..We describe details from fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) of LCL in a patient simultaneously suffering from lung cancer, in whom extensive lymph node metastasis was suspected clinically...
- R-CHOP with dose-attenuated radiation therapy could induce good prognosis in gastric diffuse large B cell lymphomaYuko Mishima
Division of Hematology, Cancer Institute Hospital, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, 3 8 31 Ariake, Koto ku, Tokyo, 135 8550, Japan
Exp Hematol Oncol 1:30. 2012..abstract:..
- Absence of tumor-specific over-expression of Polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1) in major non-Hodgkin lymphoma and relatively low expression of Plk1 in nasal NK/T cell lymphomaHidenori Imai
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Hematol 89:673-8. 2009..The 4-year overall survival rates by Kaplan-Meier analysis for Plk1-negative and positive patients were 80 and 38%, respectively (p = 0.02)...
- Monitoring serum hepatitis C virus (HCV) RNA in patients with HCV-infected CD20-positive B-cell lymphoma undergoing rituximab combination chemotherapyDaisuke Ennishi
Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Cancer Institute Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Hematol 83:59-62. 2008..Further studies will be necessary to investigate more fully the relationship between changes in HCV viral load and liver function during chemotherapy for HCV-infected patients...
- Clinicopathological features of 171 cases of primary thyroid lymphoma: a long-term study involving 24553 patients with Hashimoto's diseaseNatsuko Watanabe
Ito Hospital, 4 3 6 Jingumae, Shibuya ku, Tokyo, Japan
Br J Haematol 153:236-43. 2011..The 5-year overall survival rate was 85% (95% confidence interval, 79-91%). This study demonstrated that PTL showed good response to radiotherapy and chemotherapy and had a favourable prognosis...
- Carcinosarcomatous malignancy, osteosarcoma and squamous cell carcinoma, in giant cell tumor of the right distal femurRikuo Machinami
Department of Pathology, Cancer Institute, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Ariake 3 10 6, Kouto ku, Tokyo 135 8550, Japan
Pathol Res Pract 204:583-8. 2008..Although secondary malignant giant cell tumor is known as a sarcoma arising at the site of a previously diagnosed giant cell tumor, this case should be regarded as a new type of secondary malignant giant cell tumor of bone...
- Small non-mucinous bronchioloalveolar carcinoma with anaplastic lymphoma kinase immunoreactivity: a novel ALK fusion gene?Morio Yamamoto
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Shizuoka Cancer Center, Nagaizumi, Shizuoka, Japan
Cancer Sci 103:390-2. 2012..However, FISH studies failed to reveal EML4-ALK and KIF5B-ALK fusion genes in this BAC. These findings suggest the possibility that a novel or unknown ALK fusion gene plays a crucial role in BAC development...
- ERas is expressed in primate embryonic stem cells but not related to tumorigenesisYujiro Tanaka
Division of Regenerative Medicine, Center for Molecular Medicine, Jichi Medical University, Tochigi, Japan Department of Pediatric Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Cell Transplant 18:381-9. 2009..Therefore, cynomolgus ES cells are more similar to human than mouse ES cells despite that ERas is expressed in cynomolgus and mouse ES cells but not in human ES cells...
- Comparison of peripheral T-cell lymphomas and diffuse large B-cell lymphomaNaoto Tomita
Department of Hematology, Yokohama City University Medical Center, Japan, Yokohama, Japan
Cancer 109:1146-51. 2007..Peripheral T-cell lymphomas (PTCLs) are a biologically heterogeneous subgroup of lymphomas with poor prognosis. In this study, the authors analyzed the clinical behaviors of PTCLs and diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL)...
- Secretion of interleukin-6 and vascular endothelial growth factor by spindle cell sarcoma complicating Castleman's disease (so-called 'vascular neoplasia')Chihiro Kakiuchi
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Pathol 197:264-71. 2002..High levels of IL-6 and/or VEGF have been reported to play a role in CD. This is the first case report that clarifies the site of such cytokine production, showing the possibility of CD as a paraneoplastic phenomenon...