- A review of minodronic acid hydrate for the treatment of osteoporosisShinji Tanishima
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Misasa Onsen Hospital, Misasa, Tottori, Japan
Clin Interv Aging 8:185-9. 2013..On the basis of studies conducted to date, minodronic acid hydrate is considered effective for improving bone density and preventing fractures. We anticipate further investigations in the future...
- Minodronic acid influences receptor activator of nuclear factor kappaB ligand expression and suppresses bone resorption by osteoclasts in rats with collagen-induced arthritisShinji Tanishima
Division of Orthopedic Surgery, Department of Medicine of Sensory and Motor Organs, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago 683 8504, Japan
Mod Rheumatol 17:198-205. 2007..These results demonstrated that minodronic acid inhibited the differentiation and the activation of osteoclasts not by inducing apoptosis but by inhibiting the RANKL-RANK system, and thereby suppressing bone resorption...
- Clinical features and surgical outcomes of lumbar spinal stenosis in patients aged 80 years or older: a multi-center retrospective studyYoshiro Nanjo
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, 36 1 Nishi cho, Yonago, Tottori, Japan
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 133:1243-8. 2013..The purpose of this study was to clarify the clinical features and surgical outcomes for LSS in the elderly aged 80 years or older...
- Influence of glucocorticoid on bone in 3-, 6-, and 12-month-old rats as determined by bone mass and histomorphometryTomofumi Ogoshi
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, School of Medicine, Tottori University Faculty of Medicine, 36 1 Nishi cho, Yonago, Tottori, 683 8504, Japan
Mod Rheumatol 18:552-61. 2008..The pathology induced by 20 mg/kg prednisolone in 6-month-old female rats seems to be most similar to glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis in humans...
- Clinical features and surgical outcomes of cervical spondylotic myelopathy in patients aged 80 years or older: a multi-center retrospective studyHideki Nagashima
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago, Tottori, 683 8504, Japan
Eur Spine J 20:240-6. 2011..Since this age group shows a rapid deterioration after onset, prompt decompression surgery is required...
- Spinal subdural haematoma concurrent with cranial subdural haematoma: Report of two cases and review of literatureHideki Nagashima
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago, Japan
Br J Neurosurg 24:537-41. 2010..Spontaneous resolution of spinal subdural haematoma was observed; therefore, surgery for this condition should be indicated only for patients with moderate or severe paraparesis or paraparesis deteriorated...