Affiliation: Tanabe Seiyaku Co
- Facile synthesis of (R)-4-mercaptopyrrolidine-2-thione from L-aspartic acidM Seki
Product and Technology Development Laboratory, Tanabe Seiyaku Co Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 65:973-6. 2001..R)-4-Mercapto pyrrolidine-2-thione 1 was readily obtained from 8b through cyclization with acetic anhydride, thionation with Lawesson's reagent and facile removal of the S-benzoyl group with sodium methoxide...
- A novel synthesis of (+)-biotin from L-cysteineMasahiko Seki
CMC Research Laboratory, Tanabe Seiyaku Co, Ltd, 3 16 89, Kashima, Yodogawa ku, Osaka, 532 8505, Japan
J Org Chem 67:5527-36. 2002..The final cyclization to bicyclic compound 7b, a precursor to 1, was realized by a palladium-catalyzed intramolecular allylic amination of cis-allylic carbonate 6b that was elaborated from 5...
- A practical synthesis of (+)-biotin from L-cysteineMasahiko Seki
Export and Import Group, Purchasing Department, Logistics Division, Tanabe Seiyaku Co, Ltd 3 2 10, Dosho Machi, Chuo Ku, Osaka 541 8505, Japan
Chemistry 10:6102-10. 2004..Compound 9 was hydrogenated and the protecting groups removed to furnish 1 in 10 steps and in 34 % overall yield from L-cysteine...
- Biological significance and development of practical synthesis of biotinMasahiko Seki
Tanabe Seiyaku Co, Ltd, 3 2 10, Dosho Machi, Osaka 541 8505, Japan
Med Res Rev 26:434-82. 2006....
- A practical procedure for the large-scale preparation of methyl (2R,3S)-3-(4-methoxyphenyl)glycidate, a key intermediate for diltiazemToshiyuki Furutani
Product and Technology Development Laboratory, Tanabe Seiyaku Co, Ltd, 3 16 89, Kashima, Yodogawa ku, Osaka 532 8505, Japan
J Org Chem 67:4599-601. 2002....