Affiliation: Taisho Pharmaceutical Co
- A novel low molecular weight VEGF receptor-binding antagonist, VGA1102, inhibits the function of VEGF and in vivo tumor growthYasuji Ueda
Taisho Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, 1 403 Yoshino cho, Kita ku, 331 9530 Saitama, Japan
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 54:16-24. 2004..These results suggest that VGA1102 inhibits VEGF function resulting in inhibition of tumor angiogenesis, which led to suppression of growth of human tumors transplanted into nude mice...
- VGA1155, a novel binding antagonist of VEGF, inhibits angiogenesis in vitro and in vivoYasuji Ueda
Taisho Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, 1 403 Yoshino cho, Kita ku, Saitama, Japan
Anticancer Res 24:3009-17. 2004..VGA1155 thus exhibits promise as an antiangiogenic or anti-tumor agent with fewer side-effects...
- Antitumor effects of synthetic VEGF-receptor binding antagonist, VGA1155Yasuji Ueda
Taisho Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, 1 403 Yoshino cho, Kita ku, Saitama 331 9530, Japan
Anticancer Res 25:3973-7. 2005..These results suggest that VGA1155 has antitumor effects in vivo through the inhibition of VEGF binding to its receptors...
- A novel low molecular weight antagonist of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor binding: VGA1155Yasuji Ueda
Taisho Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Saitama, Japan
Mol Cancer Ther 2:1105-11. 2003..These VGA1155 activities may provide a useful basis for the development of antiangiogenic and antitumor agents...
- Discovery of 7-methoxy-6-[4-(4-methyl-1,3-thiazol-2-yl)-1H-imidazol-5-yl]-1,3-benzothiazole (TASP0382088): a potent and selective transforming growth factor-β type I receptor inhibitor as a topical drug for alopeciaHideaki Amada
Medicinal Chemistry Laboratories, Taisho Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Saitama, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 61:286-91. 2013..Furthermore, the topical application of 3% 11 lotion significantly inhibited Smad2 phosphorylation in mouse skin at 8 h after application (71% inhibition, compared with vehicle-treated animals)...
- Blocking S1P interaction with S1P₁ receptor by a novel competitive S1P₁-selective antagonist inhibits angiogenesisYasuyuki Fujii
Department of Molecular Function and Pharmacology Laboratories, Taisho Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, 1 403 Saitama, Saitama 331 9530, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 419:754-60. 2012..These findings revealed that S1P(1) is a critical component of VEGF-related angiogenic responses and also provide evidence for the efficacy of TASP0277308 for anti-cancer therapies...
- Anti-tumor angiogenesis effect of aminopeptidase inhibitor bestatin against B16-BL6 melanoma cells orthotopically implanted into syngeneic miceYasushi Aozuka
Division of Pathogenic Biochemistry, Department of Bioscience, Institute of Natural Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Cancer Lett 216:35-42. 2004..These findings suggest that bestatin is an active anti-angiogenic agent that may inhibit tumor angiogenesis in vivo and tube-like formation of endothelial cells in vitro through its inhibition of APN/CD13 activity...
- New selective amplifier genes containing c-Mpl for hematopoietic cell expansionTakeyuki Nagashima
DNAVEC Research, Incorporated, 1 25 11, Kannondai, Tsukuba shi, Ibaraki ken 305 0856, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 303:170-6. 2003..The Mpl-type SAGs induced more potent proliferation of Ba/F3 and cynomolgus CD34(+) cells than the GCR-type SAG. One mutant Mpl-type SAG (Delta GCRMplTmR) successfully lost the responsiveness to TPO without affecting the Tm-dependence...
- In vivo expansion of gene-modified hematopoietic cells by a novel selective amplifier gene utilizing the erythropoietin receptor as a molecular switchTakeyuki Nagashima
DNAVEC Research Inc, Ibaraki 305 0856, Japan
J Gene Med 6:22-31. 2004..In this study, we have developed a new-generation SAG, in which the erythropoietin (EPO) receptor (EPOR) is utilized instead of the steroid receptor as a molecular switch...
- Cytoplasmic expression and extracellular deposition of an antiangiogenic factor, pigment epithelium-derived factor, in human atherosclerotic plaquesHiromitsu Baba
Division of Pathophysiological and Experimental Pathology, Department of Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:1938-44. 2005..To assess the expression and distribution of a neurotrophic/antiangiogenic factor, pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF), related to angiogenesis that is a possibly key event during atherogenesis in human atherosclerotic plaques...
- Development of immunostimulatory virotherapy using non-transmissible Sendai virus-activated dendritic cellsYasuo Yoneyama
Department of Gene Therapy, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan Department of Frontier Surgery, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 355:129-35. 2007..This is the first demonstration that non-transmissible SeV vector, SeV/dF, could be a DC-activator; DC/SeV/dF-based cancer immunotherapy may, therefore, warrant further investigation...