Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Soka University
- Nakajima K, Graeber M, Sonoda M, Tohyama Y, Kohsaka S, Kurihara T. In vitro proliferation of axotomized rat facial nucleus-derived activated microglia in an autocrine fashion. J Neurosci Res. 2006;84:348-59 pubmed..In summary, the microglia isolated from the axFN were found to be proliferative in an autocrine fashion and to have some cellular properties in common with those observed in vivo. ..
- Nakajima K, Yamamoto S, Tohyama Y, Kohsaka S. Close association of p38 and JNK with plasminogen-dependent upregulation of PAI-1 in rat astrocytes in vitro. Neurosci Lett. 2010;471:66-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, p38 and JNK were shown to be the major MAPKs involved in the signaling cascade leading to PAI-1 induction in astrocytes stimulated with PLGn. ..
- Nakajima K, Kanamatsu T, Koshimoto M, Kohsaka S. Microglia derived from the axotomized adult rat facial nucleus uptake glutamate and metabolize it to glutamine in vitro. Neurochem Int. 2017;102:1-12 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate that axoFN-microglia express functional GLT-1 and GS proteins, and are strongly suggested to serve as Glu scavengers in vivo. ..
- Nakajima K, Tohyama Y, Kohsaka S, Kurihara T. Ability of rat microglia to uptake extracellular glutamate. Neurosci Lett. 2001;307:171-4 pubmed..All together, these results indicate that microglia can act as glutamate scavengers in vivo by expressing the glutamate transporter GLT-1...
- Nakajima K, Tohyama Y, Kohsaka S, Kurihara T. Protein kinase C alpha requirement in the activation of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase, which is linked to the induction of tumor necrosis factor alpha in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated microglia. Neurochem Int. 2004;44:205-14 pubmed....
- Nakajima K, Matsushita Y, Tohyama Y, Kohsaka S, Kurihara T. Differential suppression of endotoxin-inducible inflammatory cytokines by nuclear factor kappa B (NFkappaB) inhibitor in rat microglia. Neurosci Lett. 2006;401:199-202 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that the induction of IL-1beta and TNFalpha in endotoxin-stimulated microglia is differentially regulated at the level of NFkappaB activation. ..