Enoch Y Park
Affiliation: Shizuoka University
- Kato T, Hasegawa M, Yamamoto T, Miyazaki T, Suzuki R, Wakita T, et al. Expression of a functional intrabody against hepatitis C virus core protein in Escherichia coli and silkworm pupae. Protein Expr Purif. 2018;150:61-66 pubmed publisher..These purified intrabodies can be used in biochemical analyses of the inhibitory mechanism of HCV propagation and as protein interference reagents, thus providing a potential pathway to developing a new type of antiviral drug. ..
- Miyazaki T, Kato T, Park E. Heterologous expression, purification and characterization of human ?-1,2-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase II using a silkworm-based Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus bacmid expression system. J Biosci Bioeng. 2018;126:15-22 pubmed publisher..Although insects typically produce pauci-mannosidic-type glycans, the structure of N-glycans in the recombinant hGnTII was suggested to be of the complex type, and the removal of the glycans did not affect the enzymatic activity. ..
- Adegoke O, Kato T, Park E. An ultrasensitive alloyed near-infrared quinternary quantum dot-molecular beacon nanodiagnostic bioprobe for influenza virus RNA. Biosens Bioelectron. 2016;80:483-490 pubmed publisher..Our bioprobe detection system produced a LOD as low as ~1 copy/mL and is more sensitive than conventional molecular tests and rapid influenza detection tests (RIDTS) probes. ..
- Ahmed S, Kim J, Suzuki T, Lee J, Park E. Enhanced catalytic activity of gold nanoparticle-carbon nanotube hybrids for influenza virus detection. Biosens Bioelectron. 2016;85:503-508 pubmed publisher..The nanohybrid preparation and colorimetric detection methods reported herein may be easily adapted to other nanohybrid structures with enzyme mimetic properties for broader applications in catalysis and nanobiotechnology. ..
- Adegoke O, Seo M, Kato T, Kawahito S, Park E. An ultrasensitive SiO2-encapsulated alloyed CdZnSeS quantum dot-molecular beacon nanobiosensor for norovirus. Biosens Bioelectron. 2016;86:135-142 pubmed publisher..The additional merits of our detection system are rapidity, specificity and improved sensitivity over conventional molecular test probes. ..
- Kato T, Oizumi T, Ogata M, Murakawa A, Usui T, Park E. Novel enzymatic synthesis of spacer-linked P(k) trisaccharide targeting for neutralization of Shiga toxin. J Biotechnol. 2015;209:50-7 pubmed publisher..This cellulase-mediated condensation using cellulase and glycosyltransferase is a valuable tool for the synthesis of spacer-linked oligosaccharide. ..
- Ali M, Kato T, Park E. Improved insecticidal activity of a recombinant baculovirus expressing spider venom cyto-insectotoxin. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2015;99:10261-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, the BmNPV/Polh-Cit1a showed a significant reduction in the median lethal time (LT50) against silkworm larvae compared with those of control BmNPV that lacked the cit1a gene. ..
- Ahmed S, Oh S, Baba R, Zhou H, Hwang S, Lee J, et al. Synthesis of Gold Nanoparticles with Buffer-Dependent Variations of Size and Morphology in Biological Buffers. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2016;11:65 pubmed publisher..Most NPs synthesized using buffers showed a uniquely wide range of pH stability and excellent cell viability without the need for further modifications. ..
- Minkner R, Park E. Purification of virus-like particles (VLPs) expressed in the silkworm Bombyx mori. Biotechnol Lett. 2018;40:659-666 pubmed publisher..Within this, the stability of the VLPs which has to be considered for the purification is as well discussed. ..
- Kato T, Arai S, Ichikawa H, Park E. Versatility of chitosan/BmNPV bacmid DNA nanocomplex as transfection reagent of recombinant protein expression in silkworm larvae. Biotechnol Lett. 2016;38:1449-57 pubmed publisher..This is the first finding that chitosan/BmNPV bacmid DNA nanocomplexes can rival the performance of commercially available transfection reagents for the expression of recombinant proteins in Bm5 cells and silkworm larvae. ..
- Ogata M, Chuma Y, Yasumoto Y, Onoda T, Umemura M, Usui T, et al. Synthesis of tetravalent LacNAc-glycoclusters as high-affinity cross-linker against Erythrina cristagalli agglutinin. Bioorg Med Chem. 2016;24:1-11 pubmed publisher..We concluded that the subtle modification in the epitope-presenting scaffolds exerts the significant effect in the recognition efficiency involved in the LacNAc moieties by ECA. ..
- Ahmed S, Kim J, Suzuki T, Lee J, Park E. Detection of influenza virus using peroxidase-mimic of gold nanoparticles. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2016;113:2298-303 pubmed publisher..Biotechnol. Bioeng. 2016;113: 2298-2303. © 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc...
- Miyazaki T, Ishizaki M, Dohra H, Park S, Terzic A, Kato T, et al. Insulin-like peptide 3 expressed in the silkworm possesses intrinsic disulfide bonds and full biological activity. Sci Rep. 2017;7:17339 pubmed publisher..This is the first report concerning the production of fully active pINSL3 without post-expression treatments and provides an efficient production platform for expressing relaxin/insulin superfamily peptides. ..
- Lee J, Morita M, Takemura K, Park E. A multi-functional gold/iron-oxide nanoparticle-CNT hybrid nanomaterial as virus DNA sensing platform. Biosens Bioelectron. 2018;102:425-431 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this Au/MNP-CNT-based DNA sensing system exhibited excellent detection potential, and such hybrid materials could be universally applied as a highly sensitive and selective biosensing system. ..
- Kato T, Kikuta K, Kanematsu A, Kondo S, Yagi H, Kato K, et al. Alteration of a recombinant protein N-glycan structure in silkworms by partial suppression of N-acetylglucosaminidase gene expression. Biotechnol Lett. 2017;39:1299-1308 pubmed publisher..Suppression of BmFDL gene expression by shRNA is not sufficient to synthesize complex N-glycans in silkworm larvae but can modify the N-glycan synthetic pathway. ..
- Adegoke O, Morita M, Kato T, Ito M, Suzuki T, Park E. Localized surface plasmon resonance-mediated fluorescence signals in plasmonic nanoparticle-quantum dot hybrids for ultrasensitive Zika virus RNA detection via hairpin hybridization assays. Biosens Bioelectron. 2017;94:513-522 pubmed publisher..The plasmonic NP-Qdot-MB biosensor probes exhibited excellent selectivity toward ZIKV RNA and could serve as potential diagnostic probes for the point-of care detection of the virus. ..
- Kato T, Ahmad S, Park E. Functional Analysis of Ribonucleotide Reductase from Cordyceps militaris Expressed in Escherichia coli. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2017;182:1307-1317 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the pathway from ADP to 3'deoxyADP via CmRNR does not exist in C. militaris and cordycepin production in C. militaris may be mediated by other enzymes. ..
- Adegoke O, Park E. Gold Nanoparticle-Quantum Dot Fluorescent Nanohybrid: Application for Localized Surface Plasmon Resonance-induced Molecular Beacon Ultrasensitive DNA Detection. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2016;11:523 pubmed..The limit of detection was ~11 fg/mL (1.4 fM) while the biosensor probe efficiently distinguished between single-base mismatch and noncomplementary sequence target. ..
- Takemura K, Adegoke O, Takahashi N, Kato T, Li T, Kitamoto N, et al. Versatility of a localized surface plasmon resonance-based gold nanoparticle-alloyed quantum dot nanobiosensor for immunofluorescence detection of viruses. Biosens Bioelectron. 2017;89:998-1005 pubmed publisher..The detection of influenza virus H1N1 was accomplished with high sensitivity. The versatility of the biosensor was demonstrated for the detection of clinically isolated influenza virus H3N2 and norovirus-like particles (NoV-LPs). ..
- Ahmed S, Takemeura K, Li T, Kitamoto N, Tanaka T, Suzuki T, et al. Size-controlled preparation of peroxidase-like graphene-gold nanoparticle hybrids for the visible detection of norovirus-like particles. Biosens Bioelectron. 2017;87:558-565 pubmed publisher..We believe that the engineered catalytic Grp-Au NP hybrids could find potential applications in the future development of biocatalysts and bioassays. ..
- Deo V, Kato T, Park E. Virus-Like Particles Displaying Recombinant Short-Chain Fragment Region and Interleukin 2 for Targeting Colon Cancer Tumors and Attracting Macrophages. J Pharm Sci. 2016;105:1614-1622 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the potential of VLP-rscFv-rhIL2 as an intelligent nano biomaterial that is capable of attracting macrophages...
- Lee J, Takemura K, Park E. Plasmonic Nanomaterial-Based Optical Biosensing Platforms for Virus Detection. Sensors (Basel). 2017;17: pubmed publisher..This review describes several P-NMs as potential candidates of optical sensing platforms and introduces various applications in the optical biosensing field. ..
- Kato T, Itagaki K, Yoshimoto M, Hiramatsu R, Suhaimi H, Kohsaka T, et al. Transduction of a Neospora caninum antigen gene into mammalian cells using a modified Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus for antibody production. J Biosci Bioeng. 2017;124:606-610 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that BmNPV prepared from silkworm hemolymph induces the production of antigen-specific antibodies in immunized mice and can be used for antibody production and vaccine development. ..
- Kato T, Kako N, Kikuta K, Miyazaki T, Kondo S, Yagi H, et al. N-Glycan Modification of a Recombinant Protein via Coexpression of Human Glycosyltransferases in Silkworm Pupae. Sci Rep. 2017;7:1409 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that silkworms can be used as alternatives to insect and mammalian hosts to produce recombinant glycoproteins with complex N-glycans. ..