Affiliation: Shiseido Research Center
- Development of an in vitro skin sensitization test using human cell lines: the human Cell Line Activation Test (h-CLAT). I. Optimization of the h-CLAT protocolT Ashikaga
Safety and Analytical Research Center, Shiseido Co, Ltd, 2 12 1 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama shi, Kanagawa 236 8643, Japan
Toxicol In Vitro 20:767-73. 2006..We propose to call this kind of in vitro skin sensitization test h-CLAT, which is short for human Cell Line Activation Test...
- A comparative evaluation of in vitro skin sensitisation tests: the human cell-line activation test (h-CLAT) versus the local lymph node assay (LLNA)Takao Ashikaga
Shiseido Co Ltd, Quality Assessment Centre, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
Altern Lab Anim 38:275-84. 2010..In conclusion, the h-CLAT is expected to be a useful cell-based in vitro method for predicting skin sensitisation potential...
- Effect of the photocatalytic activity of TiO(2) on plasmid DNAT Ashikaga
Life Science Research Center, Safety Research Labs, Shiseido, 1050, Nippa cho, Kohoku Ku, Yokohama, Japan
Mutat Res 466:1-7. 2000..Polyhydric alcohols showed an inverse correlation between the inhibitory effect on DNA strand-breaking activity and the octanol/water partition coefficient (logP)...
- Evaluation of CD86 expression and MHC class II molecule internalization in THP-1 human monocyte cells as predictive endpoints for contact sensitizersT Ashikaga
Shiseido Safety and Analytical Center, Safety Research Labs, 2 12 1 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama shi, 236 8643, Japan
Toxicol In Vitro 16:711-6. 2002..The inducing effects of chemicals on the two phenotypical alterations were the same. These results suggest that these test systems can be used to predict contact-sensitizing ability of chemicals as an in vitro sensitization assay...
- Quantitative polymerase chain reaction using an external control mRNA for determination of gene expression in a heterogeneous cell populationM Shibata
Shiseido Skin Biology Research Laboratories, Yokohama, Japan
Toxicol Sci 49:290-6. 1999..Cytokine gene expression was measured by quantitative PCR and was corrected based on external rat GAPDH cDNA. The reliability of this quantitative PCR was superior to that of the conventional method with an internal control...
- Development of an in vitro skin sensitization test using human cell lines; human Cell Line Activation Test (h-CLAT). II. An inter-laboratory study of the h-CLATH Sakaguchi
Safety and Microbial Control Research Center, Kao Corporation, 2606 Akabane, Ichikai Maich, Haga Gun Tochigi 321 3497, Japan
Toxicol In Vitro 20:774-84. 2006....