Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Shiseido Research Center
- Upregulation of the IFN-gamma-stimulated genes in the development of delayed pigmented spots on the dorsal skin of F1 mice of HR-1 x HR/DeHirofumi Aoki
Shiseido Research Center, Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama shi, Kanagawa, Japan
J Invest Dermatol 124:1053-61. 2005..Reciprocal activation among these cells to maintain this interactive network results in constitutive melanocyte activation and chronic melanin synthesis in delayed pigmented lesions...
- Gene expression profiling analysis of solar lentigo in relation to immunohistochemical characteristicsH Aoki
Shiseido Research Center, 2 12 2 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama shi, Kanagawa 236 8643, Japan
Br J Dermatol 156:1214-23. 2007..Although considerable knowledge about acute pigmentation has recently been accumulated, little is yet known about the mechanisms underlying chronic- and delayed-type hyperpigmentation, such as solar lentigo...
- Immunohistochemical survey of the distribution of epidermal melanoblasts and melanocytes during the development of UVB-induced pigmented spotsRikako Furuya
Shiseido Research Center, Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama 236 8643, Japan
J Dermatol Sci 55:99-107. 2009..Repeated exposures to ultraviolet B radiation (UVB) induce pigmented spots on dorsal skin of (HR-1 x HR/De) F(1) hairless mouse. We showed previously that this mouse is suitable for studies of melanocyte function...
- Hyperpigmentation in human solar lentigo is promoted by heparanase-induced loss of heparan sulfate chains at the dermal-epidermal junctionShunsuke Iriyama
Shiseido Research Center, 2 2 1 Hayabuchi, Tsuzuki ku, Yokohama 224 8558, Japan
J Dermatol Sci 64:223-8. 2011..However, it is not clear whether heparanase-induced loss of heparan sulfate at the DEJ is involved in the pigmentation process in sun-exposed skin...
- Expressions of rod and cone photoreceptor-like proteins in human epidermisMoe Tsutsumi
Shiseido Research Center, Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama, Japan
Exp Dermatol 18:567-70. 2009..PCR analysis confirmed the expression of rhodopsin-like and opsin-like genes in human retina and the skin. These results suggest that a series of proteins, which play a crucial role in visual perception, are expressed in human epidermis...
- Involvement of microphthalmia-associated transcription factor (MITF) in expression of human melanocortin-1 receptor (MC1R)Hirofumi Aoki
Shiseido Research Center, 2 2 1 Hayabuchi, Tsuzuki ku, Yokohama shi, Kanagawa 224 8558, Japan
Life Sci 71:2171-9. 2002..These results suggested that MITF regulates not only the expression of enzymes involved in melanin synthesis, but also the expression of a receptor which plays an essential role in melanocyte functions...