- Vascular reconstruction and complications in living donor liver transplantation in infants weighing less than 6 kilograms: the Kyoto experienceYasumasa Shirouzu
Departments of Transplant Surgery, Kyoto University Hospital, Kyoto, Japan
Liver Transpl 12:1224-32. 2006..04). In conclusion, our surgical technique for smaller-size recipients resulted in an acceptable rate of vascular complications. Overcoming early posttransplantation complications will further improve outcomes in infantile LDLT...
- Development of pulmonary hypertension in 5 patients after pediatric living-donor liver transplantation: de novo or secondary?Yasumasa Shirouzu
Department of Transplant Surgery, Kyoto University Hospital, Kyoto, Japan
Liver Transpl 12:870-5. 2006..Periodic echocardiography is essential for early detection and treatment of PH especially in the recipients with portal hypertension not only preoperatively but also postoperatively...
- Current role of liver transplantation for the treatment of urea cycle disorders: a review of the worldwide English literature and 13 cases at Kyoto UniversityDaisuke Morioka
Organ Transplant Unit, Kyoto University Hospital, Kyoto, Japan
Liver Transpl 11:1332-42. 2005..In conclusion, LT should be considered to be the definitive treatment for UCDs at this stage, although some issues remain unresolved...
- Electrofusion of mesenchymal stem cells and islet cells for diabetes therapy: a rat modelGoichi Yanai
Department of Organ Reconstruction, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
PLoS ONE 8:e64499. 2013..These results show that electrofusion between MSCs and islet cells yield special cells with β-cell function and robustness of MSCs and seems feasible for novel therapeutic strategy for diabetes mellitus...
- Inhibition of acute rejection after skin or cardiac transplantation by administration of donor antigens in the ratYasumasa Shirouzu
Department of Surgery, Kurume University Faculty of Medicine, 67 Asahimachi, Kurume, Fukuoka, Japan
Surg Today 34:341-8. 2004..We examined differences in host immunologic changes induced by the intravenous or intraportal administration of donor antigens at engrafting and evaluated their contribution to graft survival using a rat transplantation model...
- The fungal DNA examination is useful as a sensitive parameter for the initiation and the quit of antifungal therapy in immunocompromised pediatric patients after surgeryShigeki Hikida
Departments of Pediatric Surgery, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume 830 0011, Japan
Kurume Med J 51:125-31. 2004..We conclude that the fungal DNA examination could be a sensitive parameter not only to start but to quit antifungal medication in pediatric patients with mycosis...