- Tropical-wood-induced bullous erythema multiformeS Shimizu
Department of Dermatology, Ogikubo Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Dermatology 200:59-62. 2000..Exotic woods such as pao ferro should be added to the list of contact allergens that can induce bullous erythema multiforme...
- Multiple elastofibromasSatoko Shimizu
Department of Dermatology, Sapporo City General Hospital, Japan
J Am Acad Dermatol 50:126-9. 2004..Although the pathomechanism of the occurrence of multiple elastofibromas is unknown, it should be included in the differential diagnosis of multiple subcutaneous nodules...
- Subcutaneous nodules on the buttocks as a manifestation of dialysis-related amyloidosis: a clinicopathological entity?S Shimizu
Department of Dermatology, Sapporo City General Hospital, North 11, West 13, Chuo Ku, Sapporo 060 8604, Japan
Br J Dermatol 149:400-4. 2003..Although this condition is rare, a review of the literature indicates that the majority of such lesions occur around the buttock region...
- Keratosis follicularis squamosa (Dohi): a follicular keratotic disorder well known in JapanS Shimizu
Department of Dermatology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, North 15, West 7, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8638 Japan
Br J Dermatol 144:1070-2. 2001..We conclude that KFS is a distinct clinical entity of unknown origin. World-wide recognition of this disease should further clarify the prevalence and pathogenesis of this skin condition...
- Mucocutaneous manifestations in Japanese HIV-positive hemophiliacsS Shimizu
Department of Dermatology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Dermatology 201:321-5. 2000....
- Relationship between morbidity and body mass index of mariners in the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force Fleet Escort ForceY Okamoto
Japan Defense Agency, 5 1 Motomura cho, Ichigaya, Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan 162 8801
Mil Med 166:681-4. 2001..Using the present curve and aiming for a BMI of 17.5 will help in the design and implementation of a practical management program for health promotion in the JMSDF...
- Mucous membrane pemphigoid with generalized blisters: IgA and IgG autoantibodies target both laminin-332 and type XVII collagenI Hayashi
Department of Dermatology, Sapporo City General Hospital, Sapporo, Japan
Br J Dermatol 166:1116-20. 2012..This is the first MMP case with circulating IgA and IgG autoantibodies against both laminin-332 and COL17...
- Unusual cutaneous features of syphilis in patients positive for human immunodeficiency virusS Shimizu
Departments of Dermatology and Neurology, Sapporo City General Hospital, Sapporo, Japan
Clin Exp Dermatol 35:169-72. 2010..These cases underline the need for dermatologists to be more aware of atypical cutaneous features of syphilis in patients positive for HIV...
- Negative predictors of clinical response to triptans in patients with migraineM Ishii
Department of Pathophysiology, Showa University School of Pharmacy, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8555, Japan
Neurol Sci 33:453-61. 2012..8 ± 0.7, P < 0.001). Sensibility of low-score (RI = 0) group was 100%, and specificity of high-score (PI ≥ 2) group was 87%. The proposed scoring system should in the future be the object of larger studies to confirm its validity...
- Impact of respiratory movement on the computed tomographic images of small lung tumors in three-dimensional (3D) radiotherapyS Shimizu
Department of Radiology, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 46:1127-33. 2000..We investigated the impact of respiratory movement on the free-breathing CT images of small lung tumors using sequential CT scanning at the same table position...
- Adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction: a summary of responses to a questionnaire on adenocarcinoma of the esophagus and the esophagogastric junction in JapanT Nakamura
Department of Surgery, Institute of Gastroenterology, Tokyo Women's Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Dis Esophagus 15:219-25. 2002..Lymph node metastasis was the most important prognostic factor, and staging based on the number of lymph node metastases or the extent of lymph node metastasis is necessary...
- Ticlopidine-induced hepatotoxicity is associated with specific human leukocyte antigen genomic subtypes in Japanese patients: a preliminary case-control studyK Hirata
Product Lifecycle Management Department, Daiichi Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, 1 8 Nihonbashi Koamicho, Chuo Ku, Tokyo, Japan
Pharmacogenomics J 8:29-33. 2008..These findings may explain the high incidence of ticlopidine-induced hepatotoxicity in Japanese patients mediated via an immune-mediated mechanism...
- Acute decompensated heart failure syndromes (ATTEND) registry. A prospective observational multicenter cohort study: rationale, design, and preliminary dataNaoki Sato
Intensive and Cardiac Care Unit, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Am Heart J 159:949-955.e1. 2010..9%) at discharge and a longer hospital stay (median 21 days). The ATTEND registry is designed to provide valuable information to clarify the characteristics of patients with AHFS to improve their management...
- Targeted deletion of the H-ras gene decreases tumor formation in mouse skin carcinogenesisK Ise
Department of Cell Biology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Oncogene 19:2951-6. 2000..Oncogene (2000)...