Affiliation: Shimane University
- Tanaka K, Kanazawa I, Sugimoto T. Reduced muscle mass and accumulation of visceral fat are independently associated with increased arterial stiffness in postmenopausal women with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2016;122:141-147 pubmed publisher..30, p=0.146 and ?=-0.30, p=0.085, respectively). Reduced muscle mass and increased visceral fat are independently associated with increased arterial stiffness in postmenopausal women with T2DM. ..
- Kanazawa I, Yamaguchi T, Yano S, Yamauchi M, Yamamoto M, Sugimoto T. Adiponectin and AMP kinase activator stimulate proliferation, differentiation, and mineralization of osteoblastic MC3T3-E1 cells. BMC Cell Biol. 2007;8:51 pubmed..Taken together, this study suggests that adiponectin stimulates the proliferation, differentiation, and mineralization of osteoblasts via the AdipoR1 and AMP kinase signaling pathways in autocrine and/or paracrine fashions. ..
- Yokomoto Umakoshi M, Kanazawa I, Takeno A, Tanaka K, Notsu M, Sugimoto T. Activation of AMP-activated protein kinase decreases receptor activator of NF-ÎºB ligand expression and increases sclerostin expression by inhibiting the mevalonate pathway in osteocytic MLO-Y4 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;469:791-6 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that AMPK regulated RANKL and sclerostin expression through the mevalonate pathway in osteocytes. ..
- Tanaka K, Kanazawa I, Kaji H, Sugimoto T. Association of osteoglycin and FAM5C with bone turnover markers, bone mineral density, and vertebral fractures in postmenopausal women with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Bone. 2017;95:5-10 pubmed publisher..The present study showed for the first time that higher serum OGN levels were associated with decreased BMD and increased risk of vertebral fractures in postmenopausal women with T2DM. ..
- Sugimoto T, Shiraki M, Fukunaga M, Hagino H, Sone T, Nakano T, et al. 24-Month Open-Label Teriparatide Once-Weekly Efficacy Research Trial Examining Bone Mineral Density in Subjects with Primary Osteoporosis and High Fracture Risk. Adv Ther. 2017;34:1727-1740 pubmed publisher..The limitation of this study is that this was an open-label, single-arm study. Asahi Kasei Pharma Corporation. JapicCTI-132276. ..