Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Shimane University
- Kanazawa I, Tanaka S, Sugimoto T. The Association Between Osteocalcin and Chronic Inflammation in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Calcif Tissue Int. 2018;103:599-605 pubmed publisher..Therefore, OC could be a therapeutic target for protecting against chronic inflammation. ..
- Tanaka K, Kanazawa I, Sugimoto T. Reduction in Endogenous Insulin Secretion is a Risk Factor of Sarcopenia in Men with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Calcif Tissue Int. 2015;97:385-90 pubmed publisher..05). In conclusion, reduction in endogenous insulin secretion is an independent risk factor of sarcopenia in men with T2DM. ..
- Kanazawa I, Yamaguchi T, Hayashi K, Takase H, Shimizu T, Sugimoto T. Effects of treatment with risedronate and alfacalcidol on progression of atherosclerosis in postmenopausal women with type 2 diabetes mellitus accompanied with osteoporosis. Am J Med Sci. 2010;339:519-24 pubmed publisher..05). Atherosclerosis parameters in diabetic patients with osteoporosis were higher than those in patients without it. Combination therapy of risedronate with alfacalcidol might protect against progressive atherosclerosis. ..
- Takeno A, Kanazawa I, Tanaka K, Notsu M, Yokomoto M, Yamaguchi T, et al. Activation of AMP-activated protein kinase protects against homocysteine-induced apoptosis of osteocytic MLO-Y4 cells by regulating the expressions of NADPH oxidase 1 (Nox1) and Nox2. Bone. 2015;77:135-41 pubmed publisher..Thus, AMPK activation may be a potent therapeutic candidate for preventing Hcy-induced osteocyte apoptosis and the resulting bone fragility. ..
- Kanazawa I, Notsu M, Miyake H, Tanaka K, Sugimoto T. Assessment using serum insulin-like growth factor-I and bone mineral density is useful for detecting prevalent vertebral fractures in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Osteoporos Int. 2018;29:2527-2535 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to show that in addition to BMD measurement, the assessment using serum IGF-I is useful to estimate the prevalence of VF in patients with T2DM. ..
- Takeno A, Kanazawa I, Notsu M, Tanaka K, Sugimoto T. Phloretin Promotes Adipogenesis via Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase Pathways in Mouse Marrow Stromal ST2 Cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..The adipogenic effects of phloretin were independent of glucose uptake inhibition. Phloretin may affect energy metabolism by influencing adipogenesis and adiponectin expression. ..
- Tanaka K, Yamaguchi T, Kanazawa I, Sugimoto T. Effects of high glucose and advanced glycation end products on the expressions of sclerostin and RANKL as well as apoptosis in osteocyte-like MLO-Y4-A2 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;461:193-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, HG and AGEs may cause cortical bone deterioration by inducing osteocyte apoptosis. PTH may effectively treat these pathological processes and improve osteocyte function. ..
- Tanaka K, Kanazawa I, Sugimoto T. Reduced muscle mass and accumulation of visceral fat are independently associated with increased arterial stiffness in postmenopausal women with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2016;122:141-147 pubmed publisher..30, p=0.146 and ?=-0.30, p=0.085, respectively). Reduced muscle mass and increased visceral fat are independently associated with increased arterial stiffness in postmenopausal women with T2DM. ..
- Tanaka K, Kanazawa I, Miyake H, Yano S, Amano C, Ishikawa N, et al. Vitamin D-mediated hypercalcemia in multicentric Castleman's disease. J Bone Miner Metab. 2017;35:122-125 pubmed publisher..Prednisolone treatment improved the hypercalcemia and decreased the levels of 1,25(OH)2D and IL-6. We first reported a case of vitamin D-mediated hypercalcemia in MCD. ..
- Tanaka S, Kanazawa I, Notsu M, Sugimoto T. Visceral fat obesity increases serum DPP-4 levels in men with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2016;116:1-6 pubmed publisher..09-2.88 per SD increase, p=0.02, respectively]. The present study showed that serum DPP-4 level was positively and specifically associated with accumulation of visceral fat and the presence of metabolic syndrome in men with T2DM. ..
- Kanazawa I, Tomita T, Miyazaki S, Ozawa E, Yamamoto L, Sugimoto T. Bazedoxifene Ameliorates Homocysteine-Induced Apoptosis and Accumulation of Advanced Glycation End Products by Reducing Oxidative Stress in MC3T3-E1 Cells. Calcif Tissue Int. 2017;100:286-297 pubmed publisher..Bazedoxifene treatment effectively prevents the Hcy-induced detrimental reactions of osteoblasts. Thus, bazedoxifene may be a potent therapeutic drug for preventing Hcy-induced bone fragility. ..
- Kanazawa I, Tanaka K, Notsu M, Tanaka S, Kiyohara N, Koike S, et al. Long-term efficacy and safety of vildagliptin add-on therapy in type 2 diabetes mellitus with insulin treatment. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2017;123:9-17 pubmed publisher..08-0.97; p<0.05). Vildagliptin as an add-on to insulin treatment for 24months was well tolerated and led to sustained reductions in HbA1c, the dose and number of insulin injections, and the risk of hypoglycemia. ..
- Takeno A, Kanazawa I, Notsu M, Tanaka K, Sugimoto T. Glucose Uptake Inhibition Decreases Expressions of Receptor Activator of Nuclear Factor-kappa B Ligand (RANKL) and Osteocalcin in Osteocytic MLO-Y4-A2 Cells. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2017;:ajpendo.00159.2017 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that lowering glucose uptake into osteocytes may contribute to maintain blood glucose levels by decreasing osteocalcin expression and RANKL-induced bone resorption...
- Miyake H, Kanazawa I, Sugimoto T. Association of Bone Mineral Density, Bone Turnover Markers, and Vertebral Fractures with All-Cause Mortality in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Calcif Tissue Int. 2018;102:1-13 pubmed publisher..Moreover, higher serum osteocalcin was significantly associated with decreased mortality in women with T2DM. ..
- Kanazawa I. Adiponectin in metabolic bone disease. Curr Med Chem. 2012;19:5481-92 pubmed
- Notsu M, Kanazawa I, Takeno A, Yokomoto Umakoshi M, Tanaka K, Yamaguchi T, et al. Advanced Glycation End Product 3 (AGE3) Increases Apoptosis and the Expression of Sclerostin by Stimulating TGF-Î² Expression and Secretion in Osteocyte-Like MLO-Y4-A2 Cells. Calcif Tissue Int. 2017;100:402-411 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that AGE3 increases apoptosis and sclerostin expression through increasing TGF-Î² expression in osteocytes, and that AGE3 decreases RANKL expression independent of TGF-Î² signaling. ..
- Kanazawa I, Tanaka K, Ogawa N, Yamauchi M, Yamaguchi T, Sugimoto T. Undercarboxylated osteocalcin is positively associated with free testosterone in male patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Osteoporos Int. 2013;24:1115-9 pubmed publisher..These findings support the recent evidence that ucOC is involved in testosterone production in male subjects. ..
- Kanazawa I, Yamaguchi T, Sugimoto T. Serum insulin-like growth factor-I is negatively associated with serum adiponectin in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Growth Horm IGF Res. 2011;21:268-71 pubmed publisher..005). Present cross-sectional study for the first time showed a negative association of serum IGF-I with serum adiponectin in Japanese men with type 2 diabetes independent of age, duration of diabetes, BMI, renal function, and HbA1c. ..
- Tanaka K, Kanazawa I, Kaji H, Sugimoto T. Association of osteoglycin and FAM5C with bone turnover markers, bone mineral density, and vertebral fractures in postmenopausal women with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Bone. 2017;95:5-10 pubmed publisher..The present study showed for the first time that higher serum OGN levels were associated with decreased BMD and increased risk of vertebral fractures in postmenopausal women with T2DM. ..
- Yokomoto Umakoshi M, Kanazawa I, Takeno A, Tanaka K, Notsu M, Sugimoto T. Activation of AMP-activated protein kinase decreases receptor activator of NF-ÎºB ligand expression and increases sclerostin expression by inhibiting the mevalonate pathway in osteocytic MLO-Y4 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;469:791-6 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that AMPK regulated RANKL and sclerostin expression through the mevalonate pathway in osteocytes. ..
- Kanazawa I, Yamaguchi T, Yano S, Yamauchi M, Sugimoto T. Fasudil hydrochloride induces osteoblastic differentiation of stromal cell lines, C3H10T1/2 and ST2, via bone morphogenetic protein-2 expression. Endocr J. 2010;57:415-21 pubmed
- Kanazawa I, Yamaguchi T, Yamamoto M, Yamauchi M, Yano S, Sugimoto T. Serum osteocalcin/bone-specific alkaline phosphatase ratio is a predictor for the presence of vertebral fractures in men with type 2 diabetes. Calcif Tissue Int. 2009;85:228-34 pubmed publisher..The OC/BAP ratio could be clinically useful for assessing the risk of vertebral fractures independent of BMD in diabetic men. ..
- Kanazawa I, Yamaguchi T, Yano S, Yamauchi M, Yamamoto M, Sugimoto T. Adiponectin and AMP kinase activator stimulate proliferation, differentiation, and mineralization of osteoblastic MC3T3-E1 cells. BMC Cell Biol. 2007;8:51 pubmed..Taken together, this study suggests that adiponectin stimulates the proliferation, differentiation, and mineralization of osteoblasts via the AdipoR1 and AMP kinase signaling pathways in autocrine and/or paracrine fashions. ..