Affiliation: Shimane University
- Hashimoto M, Hossain S, Shido O. Docosahexaenoic acid but not eicosapentaenoic acid withstands dietary cholesterol-induced decreases in platelet membrane fluidity. Mol Cell Biochem. 2006;293:1-8 pubmed..These results suggest that DHA is a more potent membrane-fluidizer than EPA in withstanding cholesterol-induced decreases in platelet membrane fluidity and a stronger ameliorative modulator of platelet hyperaggregation. ..
- Hashimoto M, Tozawa R, Katakura M, Shahdat H, Haque A, Tanabe Y, et al. Protective effects of prescription n-3 fatty acids against impairment of spatial cognitive learning ability in amyloid ?-infused rats. Food Funct. 2011;2:386-94 pubmed publisher..The present study suggests that long-term administration of TAK-085 is a possible therapeutic agent for protecting against Alzheimer's disease-induced learning deficiencies. ..
- Hossain S, Hashimoto M, Katakura M, Al Mamun A, Shido O. Medicinal value of asiaticoside for Alzheimer's disease as assessed using single-molecule-detection fluorescence correlation spectroscopy, laser-scanning microscopy, transmission electron microscopy, and in silico docking. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2015;15:118 pubmed publisher..Finally, asiaticoside prevents amyloidogenesis that precedes neurodegeneration in patients with Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Hashimoto M, Inoue T, Katakura M, Hossain S, Mamun A, Matsuzaki K, et al. Differential effects of docoosahexaenoic and arachidonic acid on fatty acid composition and myosin heavy chain-related genes of slow- and fast-twitch skeletal muscle tissues. Mol Cell Biochem. 2016;415:169-81 pubmed publisher..Our studies finally indicate that DHA and ARA differentially affect the regulation of contractile and metabolic properties of slow- and fast-twitch skeletal muscles. ..
- Hashimoto M, Hossain S, Katakura M, Mamun A, Shido O. Docosahexaenoic Acid Helps to Lessen Extinction Memory in Rats. Molecules. 2018;23: pubmed publisher..DHA also increased the protein levels of GRP, BDNF, PSD-95, and VAChT, and the antioxidative potentials in the hippocampus. These results suggest the usefulness of DHA for treating stress disorders. ..
- Al Mamun A, Hashimoto M, Katakura M, Tanabe Y, Tsuchikura S, Hossain S, et al. Effect of dietary n-3 fatty acids supplementation on fatty acid metabolism in atorvastatin-administered SHR.Cg-Leprcp/NDmcr rats, a metabolic syndrome model. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;85:372-379 pubmed publisher....
- Okuda M, Fujita Y, Katsube T, Tabata H, Yoshino K, Hashimoto M, et al. Highly water pressurized brown rice improves cognitive dysfunction in senescence-accelerated mouse prone 8 and reduces amyloid beta in the brain. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2018;18:110 pubmed publisher..HPBR ameliorated cognitive dysfunction and reduced the levels of amyloid-?, which is a major protein responsible for AD, in the brain. These results suggest that HPBR is effective for preventing AD. ..