Affiliation: Sapporo Medical University
- Effects of prenatal exposure to polychlorinated biphenyls and dioxins on mental and motor development in Japanese children at 6 months of ageSonomi Nakajima
Department of Public Health, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, and Sapporo Toho Hospital, Japan
Environ Health Perspect 114:773-8. 2006..In conclusion, the background-level exposure of several isomers of dioxins during the prenatal period probably affects the motor development of 6-month-old infants more than it does their mental development...
- [Profiling prospective birth cohort studies on relationship between environment and children's health: various issues and aspects involved in evaluating development in children]Sonomi Nakajima
Department of Occupational Therapy, School of Health Sciences, Sapporo Medical University, Chuo Ku, Sapporo, Japan
Nihon Eiseigaku Zasshi 64:765-73. 2009..However, it is necessary to assess the burden on subjects; this step can help reduce the loss of subjects and determine the most suitable approach to evaluating neurodevelopment...
- Adverse birth outcomes associated with maternal smoking and polymorphisms in the N-Nitrosamine-metabolizing enzyme genes NQO1 and CYP2E1Seiko Sasaki
Department of Public Health, Graduate School of Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Am J Epidemiol 167:719-26. 2008..These results may help in directing smoking cessation interventions during pregnancy, especially among susceptible women...
- [Exposure to endocrine disrupting chemicals and children's health: problems in epidemiological studies]Reiko Kishi
Department of Public Health, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Nihon Eiseigaku Zasshi 61:19-31. 2006..It is suggested that well-designed epidemiological studies such as prospective cohort studies should be performed to elucidate this association...
- Perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS) and related perfluorinated compounds in human maternal and cord blood samples: assessment of PFOS exposure in a susceptible population during pregnancyKoichi Inoue
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hoshi University, 2-4-41 Ebara, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 142-8501, Japan
Environ Health Perspect 112:1204-7. 2004..Further investigation is required to determine the postnatal effects of fetal exposure to FOCs. Key words: cord blood, fluorinated organic compounds, human, PFOA, PFOS, PFOSA, pregnancy...
- Concentrations of polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins, polychlorinated dibenzofurans, and dioxin-like polychlorinated biphenyls in blood collected from 195 pregnant women in Sapporo City, JapanTakashi Todaka
Department of Dermatology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Maidashi 3 1 1, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Chemosphere 69:1228-37. 2007..The results of the present study have indicated that dioxin contamination in the blood of young women in Japan is continuing to decrease...
- Concentrations of polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins, polychlorinated dibenzofurans, and dioxin-like polychlorinated biphenyls in blood and breast milk collected from 60 mothers in Sapporo City, JapanTakashi Todaka
Department of Dermatology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Maidashi 3 1 1, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Chemosphere 72:1152-8. 2008....