- In vivo three-dimensional birefringence analysis shows collagen differences between young and old photo-aged human skinShingo Sakai
Basic Research Laboratory, Kanebo Cosmetics Inc, Kanagawa, Japan
J Invest Dermatol 128:1641-7. 2008..The maps suggested that the peripheral regions of some infundibula were surrounded by a strong collagen network. Three-dimensional analyses of dermal birefringence using PS-OCT help to quantify the diagnosis of photoaging...
- Relationship between dermal birefringence and the skin surface roughness of photoaged human skinShingo Sakai
Kanebo Cosmetics, Inc, Basic Research Laboratory, 5 3 28, Kotobuki, Odawara, Kanagawa 250 0002, Japan
J Biomed Opt 14:044032. 2009..These results suggest that the analysis of dermal birefringence using PS-SD-OCT enables the evaluation of photoaging-dependent upper dermal degeneration related to the change of skin roughness...
- Decreased lactate and potassium levels in natural moisturizing factor from the stratum corneum of mild atopic dermatitis patients are involved with the reduced hydration stateTomoko Sugawara
Innovative Beauty Science Laboratory, Kanebo Cosmetics Inc, Odawara, Japan
J Dermatol Sci 66:154-9. 2012..Previous studies focused on reduced levels of free amino acids (FAAs) in NMF from AD skin. It remains unknown, however, whether other NMF components are also altered in AD...
- Ultrasonic tissue characterization of photodamaged skin by scanning acoustic microscopyMuneo Miyasaka
Department of Plastic Surgery, Tokai University School of Medicine, Kanagawa, Japan
Tokai J Exp Clin Med 30:217-25. 2005..The sound speed analysis of skin will provide important information on heterogeneous mechanical changes in the skin during the process of photoaging...
- In vivo measurement of the water content in the dermis by confocal Raman spectroscopyNoriaki Nakagawa
Kanebo Cosmetics Inc, Basic Research Laboratory, Kanagawa, Japan
Skin Res Technol 16:137-41. 2010..This report describes a method for measuring the dermal water content in vivo using confocal Raman spectroscopy...
- KIAA1199, a deafness gene of unknown function, is a new hyaluronan binding protein involved in hyaluronan depolymerizationHiroyuki Yoshida
Innovative Beauty Science Laboratory, Kanebo Cosmetics, Inc, Kotobuki cho, Odawara shi, Kanagawa 250 0002, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:5612-7. 2013..These data suggest that KIAA1199 is a unique hyaladherin with a key role in HA catabolism in the dermis of the skin and arthritic synovium...
- Reduced size of sebaceous gland and altered sebum lipid composition in mice lacking fatty acid binding protein 5 geneTomoko Sugawara
Exp Dermatol 21:543-6. 2012..These results suggest that FABP5 is involved in the regulation of sebaceous gland activity through modulation of cellular lipid signalling and/or metabolism in the sebocytes...
- Relationship between NMF (lactate and potassium) content and the physical properties of the stratum corneum in healthy subjectsNoriaki Nakagawa
Basic Research Laboratory, Kanagawa Ken, Japan
J Invest Dermatol 122:755-63. 2004..Moreover, potassium lactate restored the SC hydration state decreased by extraction of NMF. These results suggest that lactate and potassium may play roles in maintaining the physical properties of the SC in healthy subjects...